Current time: 04-26-2024, 08:56 PM
Morgan and Salamander
The bad quality of the pictures don't do it any justice. Keeping with the theme, I made 2 paint schemes (same design, different colors):

Morgan meaning "born from the sea" (blue version)

[Image: dscn0737it3.jpg]

Salamander from the mythical beast (red version)

[Image: dscn0748hc9.jpg]

EYE
U2
GIBBON
LH89F
VOLUTE
VULTURE2 (10 heat)
G91 (10 output)
ANANDA (10 cooling)
none
GAR
NYMPHE
MV
93RL
KSAW

Options: Screens, KISSIOH, CODON, 079L+, MARISHI, 075LA

(Choose either the NYMPHE + GAR or the MV for backmounts)

Pretty much the old <a href='http://www.ravenrepublic.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=301' target='_blank'>Elemental</a> with the addition of supporting weapons and solving the drain problem, thus allowing the design to use the KSAW without the boosting heat problems associated with the older design. Though slightly slower when fully loaded, it becomes faster than the older design when the backmounts and extensions are dropped. Defense is slightly lower than the previous design as well.

I am very satisfied over the improvement of this version compared to the the older Elemental. The ultra low drain is thanks to the U2 and the 89F, allowing the design to throw a couple of shots in mid-air without any serious compromises to the EN gauge. However this AC is still a ground pounder, as the high usage drain of the KSAW prevents the AC from staying up in the air for too long.

Oh, and it looks good too (at least IMO Big grin)...
[Image: dscn0753ep0.jpg]

Refined Morgan. I felt that the name deserved more than just an extra paint scheme, so I built an AC revolving under the same concept with different parts.

EYE
U2
MACAQUE
COUGAR2
BIRDIE2 (10 boost power)
KONGOH (10 EN cap)
F73H
ANANDA (10 cooling)
none
GAR
NYMPHE
MV
93RL
KSAW

Overall the same speed as Salamander except it has a better output (although with an extra heat risk), and noticably better acceleration. A GULL + LOTUS version exists (same overall parts, just change the gen and booster) although I'm inclined to use the BIRDIE 2 version because of the acceleration.
They just ignored the twins.
Here's what i think of them:

INHUMANOIDS!
[Image: Inhumanoids.jpg]
Holy crap J.E. you have one very vivid memory. LOL

Thanks to you, I'm reading up a part of my lost childhood once again Tongue
RL + KRSW = ouch! Chair

hehehe, I've used this combo when I remember the AC Iron L-OW75 in Nexus... quite fun and deadly if used properly Ninja

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
/risefromgrave

So, an RL + KARASAW?

Interesting for a toy AC. However, from a competitive perspective the weight and energy drain from the KARASAW makes this design very limited in terms of either weapon versatility or overall mobility.

I recommend changing the KARASAW over to the right-hand, and use the SRS or GOLEM for the left. Or keep the RL and use the GRIFFON instead of the KARASAW.
My AC Garage:
Hello and welcome back. This is more of a theme AC than an actual competitive design though. Given a choice I'd use the BP as a replacement, but I liked the way the KSAW visualy complements the RL, and that's pretty much it.

I like the GRIFFON + RL though, and have used it in other designs Tongue.