Current time: 05-04-2024, 11:56 AM
General Technical Help
Thanks for the advice. Yep, it hurts and that's the downside to being too trusting when it comes to your relatives. Sad
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
http://laptoplogic.com/resources/64-thin...hould-know
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
I need some help setting up a wireless network here at home to enable wireless file/printer sharing between a desktop and laptops.

Here's the current setup:

DSL Modem --> Wireless Router --> LAN from router to Desktop ethernet port.

So yeah, wifi is up and running and the laptops can get internet. I just don't know how to set it so that I can, for example, access the printer/files in the desktop through a wirelessly connected laptop.

EDIT - All PCs involved using XP
Home networking is pretty straightforward... problem is I've never done it. LOL So I'll just point you to two guides which look more helpful than the others, and hope they indeed help.

File sharing

Printer sharing
It's still a bit too much for my non-IT brain to comprehend hahaha. Maybe someone can describe some steps in really simple terms. LOL
(05-25-2009, 11:41 PM)NiX Wrote: It's still a bit too much for my non-IT brain to comprehend hahaha. Maybe someone can describe some steps in really simple terms. LOL

Sige if I have some time I'll try it out at home. No promises though.
Would anyone know how to delete corrupted files from an external hard drive aside from a complete reformat?

I deleted them once and they appeared deleted, then I emptied the recycle bin. The following time I stuck the external drive in, the files showed up again; as evil corrupted versions of themselves.
Chkdsk? You can scan the disk for errors, then have the utility try to fix the data as well. You can safely delete the data you want to remove afterwards.

http://www.windows-help-central.com/wind...hkdsk.html - Chkdsk for Vista. If you're on XP, Start>Run>chkdsk Big grin
can anyone point me to a good place to get my psp cleaned and repaired as I assume its really late for a clean up not to mention its analog controller moves on its own >>
and also the screen seems to be acting up a wee bit

and by chance how much getting it fixed set me back?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

sorry to double post but please I really need ... I've already got it checked up and the tech said that my analog is busted and needs to be replaced for 500 bucks and so far this has been the cheapest one I've seen. The guy seems pretty decent and trustworthy but still I'd like the opinions of those who've got experience getting their psp fixed.

Sorry Raffy, I don't know anything about the going price for PSP part replacements these days.
yeah but goat does!

BERT BAT AYAW MO KO TULUNGAN!

He seems to be AFK, I haven't seen him posting recently. Must be school.
oh he is trust me Chair anyway I'll still be scouting around ... I remember greenhills being a good place to look at but Im too lazy to go there >>

(06-02-2010, 04:49 PM)clonezero Wrote: oh he is trust me Chair anyway I'll still be scouting around ... I remember greenhills being a good place to look at but Im too lazy to go there >>

Sure, you can trust me as much as you want, but I can't help you with that. Just get it fixed from someone you trust the most. Even my analog stick is showing some problems right now. (i dont have time to fix it/get it fixed atm) LOL

EDIT:
Didn't check the date. Most likely Mr. Failman's PSP is already fixed.