Current time: 05-21-2024, 05:23 AM
The Rant/Rave Topic
@Fox: Ditching it for DotA. Maybe 'til I feel better.
@Shin
I see. Looks like you had a bad experience with the game. Happened to me a few years ago with a certain MMORPG that caused me to quit cold.

@Arch_Angel
What happened to the PS3?

RANT - Day-old chicks and ducklings are still edibly fine but i've just learned never to touch day-old Pocky. The sticks still looked okay but it had terrible consequences for my tongue...
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
@Fox and hemp it showed the yellow light of death. i've reserched on it and it is permanently dead if the light shows SOLID yellow(continuous glow) it happened last night. when u turn it on, power lights go on, green,flashes yellow, then blinking red. it wont turn on anymore. a lot of people say over the net that it is either overheating(due to lack of ventilation), hdd borks, or psu borks.

bad news is ,most technicians have only a temporary fix for it. the only perma fix is a (put the motherboard into an oven LITERALLY) and many people have fixed them already. I'm just waiting for a result after a few months.

WARNING: to those who have the launch models, 20gb, 60gb ps3's, this MIGHT happen to your units too. scary is, there have been urban legends about a "sony timer" where after a period of time, sony's more recent products die. me and andrew researched this in pinoyps.com, and a lot of the recent complaints started around march this year, coincidentally, roughly 2-3 years of the release. scary.

so 20/60gb ps3 owners, there you go. please be cautious, place ur ps3's where they can breathe, and just reduce play time. (you can also buy a ps3 fan from cd-r king.)

I feel really shitty about this, as I plan to get this repaired and have a warranty for 2-3 months, then sell it at a low price. il just get another later model(80gb version of the 40gb base model) which is more stable and doesnt have the defect. i can get one for like, 14k.

Nix, I know ul prolly say "save money and dont buy na muna" but it's just my personality that wants to fix something asap-and its getting a replacement that will fix it. Jason
ardjin, make sure to clean the ps3 (and the place where it is placed) as well. dust inside the ps3 will clog in the air going out of the system and also the heat with it.

if theres a sound when the ps3 is on then there is a dust problem inside it.
thanks for the advice mark. though my words can never fix ur ps3 i'd still wanna say. i feel your loss. happened to my ps2 after having it for so long.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
@Arch_Angel
I'll keep those tips in mind. Even though i don't touch my unit as often as i'd want to, i still try to keep it in as good a condition as i can. Hope you get yours fixed soon.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(07-18-2009, 07:09 PM)atdsutm Wrote: ardjin, make sure to clean the ps3 (and the place where it is placed) as well. dust inside the ps3 will clog in the air going out of the system and also the heat with it.

if theres a sound when the ps3 is on then there is a dust problem inside it.

I POSTED THIS

ME ANDREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, you Andrew. *pat pat*

Grand Chase has been degraded to an unnecessary pastime in my books, playing properly is a no-go if PDLTCo. (Philippine Distance Lag Telephone Company) shits in your face in your futile attempt to win PVP, and because of Level-up's schemes to make players spend useless time watching for some imaginary shit rainbow to appear 100 times to get something imaginary that vanishes in 15 days.

Free to play. You definitely get what you paid for. Nil. And even if you did pay for virtual shit, PDLTCo. is still laughing at your lose record.
(07-18-2009, 06:45 PM)ardjin Wrote: rant: my car got crashed while its peacefully parked in the mall.shit!

Tsong, sakit niyan ah. >_<
rave: yay! I love my new project..

I need to read a manga with good fallacies..

like pains resolution about peace.. mangas that has logic.. etc.. XD

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Rave:

Finally held a PS3, played Blazblue for a couple of hours. Found a liking to Rachel. Epic game is epic.

Bang's sentai theme makes his tier rank go up 2 notches automatically.
Rave:

For some reason I'm enjoying this Insocio presentation I've been doing. I even had to download some starcraft vids to show from the competitive gaming community. LOL
Rant:

Watching evo2k9 SF4 blah. Even if I never touched the series after SF2, I can feel a lot of flow-chart scrubbage going on in the 5v5 games.
update on ps3: I've been going around the net and so far a PERMA fix is not around. i can get it fixed for like, 5k or so, then have it bork for a few months after. so...if i get it fixed for 5k, then sell it for like, 15(which is still reasonable for a 60gb one), id stil learn as much as selling it to a person who just contacted me who'e willing to get it for 9k(even if broken)
IMO its better if you sold it to the person who wants it for 9k borked and all but maybe you can get a better price maybe?

rant: damn cold.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The FOOD Topic. strawhat_luffy 841 1,068,580 11-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Serene
  hai guyz wuts goin on in dis topic? strawhat_luffy 4 9,177 11-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Last Post: strawhat_luffy