Current time: 05-20-2024, 10:55 PM
The Rant/Rave Topic
Happy birthday Hemp!
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
happy birthday Hemp!!! sorry... can't give you herbs... I don't have any.. Tongue

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Rave: Hey, happy birthday Hemp!

Rant: I'm looking for something to pass the time. Ever since work started, I've been only thinking about work-related stuff (work, country laws, professional exams, current events, overtime, etc), and I realized I have little life outside work (i.e. I haven't been playing videogames in months, yes that's heresy in this forum; and going on gimmicks often is too costly). LOL

What's a good game to play (some old school game will even do)? Or something nice to do/learn/work-on?
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
(04-05-2009, 03:20 PM)maitreya Wrote: What's a good game to play (some old school game will even do)? Or something nice to do/learn/work-on?

NES games. Plenty of them are really good, particularly the shooters.

Learn C++ with me! Tongue
(04-05-2009, 03:38 PM)Grim Wrote: NES games. Plenty of them are really good, particularly the shooters.

Haha. True. I'm thinking of going schmup, thanks to our schump thread.

(04-05-2009, 03:38 PM)Grim Wrote: Learn C++ with me! Tongue

I prefer less thinking. LOL

Thanks for the greeting! I'm herbless at the moment since i'm at home =D. That was some epic fights we had Grim!
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Happy B-day!! Hempire Happy
Is there any difference with a Japanese and a US PS3? (Sorry for the noob question)

happy bday boss chef hemp
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Happy herb day. lol

I'm taking up Delphi. Big grin
(04-05-2009, 03:20 PM)maitreya Wrote: What's a good game to play (some old school game will even do)? Or something nice to do/learn/work-on?

Cave Story is good to start with. It has that nostalgic feel of an 8 bit game but has a game scale comparable to post SOTN Castlevania games. Good story too.

(04-05-2009, 07:00 PM)maitreya Wrote: Is there any difference with a Japanese and a US PS3? (Sorry for the noob question)

Nothing really, the only difference is when you sign up for a PSN account. The default setting for a JPN PS3 will automatically direct you to the JPN PSN network, where you get to try out demo games released in that region and the same things happen with EU and US PS3s. It is possible to make and access PSN networks of different regions by creating a specific account for each region, I was able to get the Killzone 2 demo early that way.

There are rumors that some game content is bypassed by a region lock-out, I've never tried or noticed something like this myself, but supposedly if your PS3 is registered in a particular region that doesn't allow for decapitating heads for example, then games that feature decapitating heads will be altered to remove decapitation. Just a rumor though that I have no proof of whatsoever.
Um...
Belated Hempy Birthday?
'Signatures are overrated.'
Hemp! Hindi kita na-greet kahapon, sorry men... belated happy birthday! Tongue
(04-06-2009, 07:54 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote:

Cave Story is good to start with. It has that nostalgic feel of an 8 bit game but has a game scale comparable to post SOTN Castlevania games. Good story too.

(04-05-2009, 07:00 PM)maitreya Wrote: Is there any difference with a Japanese and a US PS3? (Sorry for the noob question)

Nothing really, the only difference is when you sign up for a PSN account. The default setting for a JPN PS3 will automatically direct you to the JPN PSN network, where you get to try out demo games released in that region and the same things happen with EU and US PS3s. It is possible to make and access PSN networks of different regions by creating a specific account for each region, I was able to get the Killzone 2 demo early that way.

There are rumors that some game content is bypassed by a region lock-out, I've never tried or noticed something like this myself, but supposedly if your PS3 is registered in a particular region that doesn't allow for decapitating heads for example, then games that feature decapitating heads will be altered to remove decapitation. Just a rumor though that I have no proof of whatsoever.

The Japan PS3 also censors large blood spatters.

Funny thing is I thought this was a pro more than a con - no blood cloud = less of a visual distraction for your shooting matches.

Rave: Decided not to counter Stonyclub. Was too damn busy playing Exteel Closed Beta. Pinoy players can't dodge very well XD Thank you Last Raven - you have honed my reflexes and gunnery skills well!
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
(04-06-2009, 09:33 AM)Twin-Skies Wrote: The Japan PS3 also censors large blood spatters.

I never knew this before. I wonder how Dead Space will turn out, then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The FOOD Topic. strawhat_luffy 841 1,068,529 11-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Serene
  hai guyz wuts goin on in dis topic? strawhat_luffy 4 9,177 11-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Last Post: strawhat_luffy