Current time: 06-02-2024, 11:25 PM
The Rant/Rave Topic
That's one good reason to rant like that. LOL
oic well that is rather the loss my condolences XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Seems both the boards and chat have been quiet lately. Has everyone gone on hiatus? Busy at work or at confounding work? Busy at school? Or just plain busy?
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Busy...

Rant - Monday... oh how i loathe thee, let me count the ways...
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Still have no rest for the week.

Fuck the millenium.
Tuesday: May 20, 2008
I woke up at my usual 4:00am and played Pokemon Fire Red on the VBA. Two hours later, my mom woke up with my little brother teasing him with 'Nagmamadali ka pa ha'.

6:00am: I went on with my usual routine of buying pandesal but this time I was told to buy eggs as well, for a corned beef omelette. Righ ater I came home, I cooked and ate.

7:00am: My grandmother went to take a bath to prepare for work. She works nearby so there's really no rushing for her. My mom and I was having a nice chat when we saw people running in front of our house. Seeing panic in their faces, My mom and I checked the reason why.
Shit. There's a fire just 4 houses a way.

We then hurried to pack, important documents, clothes our house is full of antiques so we had some men help us out with the move out. And my mom just finished making a living room out of our 'living room' just this saturday. Darned. We finished moving our 'valuables' after 2 hours exactly when the fire was declared Controlled and just it was just a firewall away.

'Tang ina... Hakot na naman. We finished at 10am, There's no electricity, no tv, no ref, no cold water. Damn. But these are nothing compared to what my neighbors experienced, especially those very close to the origin, they only managed to save only themselves with their families.

The Origin:
A KTV Bar. A gas leak with the stove for an igniter.

The Battle:
Everything went smooth for the fire fighters. The streets were enough for their trucks to fit to reach the fire with their hoses. Fire was declared under control after 2 hours and had recieved finishing splashes for a few more hours to make sure.

The Effects:
Neighbors living with their relatives. The only injury we've seen and heard of is a man having a 2 inch cut on his foot and was given 4 stitches for it (Just 4?) and some people with black eyes (Saan galing yun). No casualties for something than happened so early in the morning.
My lola and bro staying with my aunt because the heat, a large area has no electricity due to some lines being destroyed during the fire.

When I get home from this type-in session, I'll be cleaning our house. Sabi nga sa akin eh, Mas Ok na yung magligpit kesa nasunugan.
Just when you think everythings going well and simple, something like this comes in and bothers everyone, making you look at things you're used to in a different light.
Glad that you and your family are safe and nothing of value was really lost on your part. Hope the community members in your area return to their normal lives, especially those affected that they can pick up the pieces and move on.

And yeah, to experience one thing can make all the difference in one's change of perspective, the best way to make use of this experience is to learn from it Winkb
Nevermind na kinailangan niyo maghakot. Mabuti na yun kaysa masunugan.

Rant. Baho ng hininga ng mga hapon. -_-
Tama, buti na OK lang kayo. Marami pang mas malalang pwedeng mangyari kaysa sa maghakot at maglinis ng bahay.
Better yet to observe proper fire prevention guidelines and not have to do any lifting or running at all. I hate KTV bars because people can't sing most of the time.

So yeah.

Serene Wrote:The Origin:
A KTV Bar. A gas leak with the stove for an igniter.

^ Owner deserves a good ass-kicking.

Glad your family is safe though.
Kulang na nga lang buhatin ng mga naghahakot yung bahay namin eh.

The land we have our house on as well as our neighbors is owned by the Manotoc Family.
What bothers most of our neighbors is what the land owners would do about what happened.

From what I last heard, babayaran daw ng tig 10k yung mga nasunugan lumipat lang, pwedeng mali ang sabi ng lola ko who works for them as an accountant. Pero from what I've observed maraming property nila ang nakatiwangwang lang dahil sa maling pagpapaalis nila, resulting to them losing more money.

Thanks for the concern guys...
We Filipinos do have a saying - "Di bale nang manakawan ng sampung beses, wag lang masunugan."

In this case, i'm glad neither happened to you. Too bad for your neighbors though. There was a time back when i was a kid that one of our across-the-street neighbors's houses caught fire and it wasn't a pretty sight. Here's to hoping none of us ever have to go through an event like that (again).
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Happy birthday Gevan!
Ahhh~!!
Nakakalimutan ko na tumingin sa ilalim ah.
Happy Birthday Zeraph!!

Edit:
Inalis ko na yung Vid, Baka magalit si birthday boy.
happy bday zeraph
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The FOOD Topic. strawhat_luffy 841 1,073,758 11-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Serene
  hai guyz wuts goin on in dis topic? strawhat_luffy 4 9,210 11-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Last Post: strawhat_luffy