Current time: 03-29-2024, 08:53 PM
<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RQm37K-clg&eurl=' target='_blank'>Watch this</a>.

Yay? Nay?

Whichever one, it will definitely beat Troy though. Tongue

I say it will rawk, and rawk massively.
Hahah I've been drooling over the trailer ever since it first came out.

I'm hyped hyped hyped!
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+Feb 17 2007, 05:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiX @ Feb 17 2007, 05:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'm hyped hyped hyped! [/quote:bc048453ef]
Yes! A fellow fanboy! Tongue Tongue Tongue

For those who don't know, 300 is the movie adaptation of Frank Miller's five-issue graphic novel series of the same name. The story is based on (the first) <a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae' target='_blank'>Battle of Thermopylae</a>, one of the most legendary battles in military history.

On a side note, Warner Bros. is also releasing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, also sometime in March (in the US at least). Thing about this one is, <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhRsqOlFjDM&eurl=' target='_blank'>it's in pure CG</a>.

Looks like WB is going to have a field day lol.

EDIT: Additional information on the movie: like Sin City, every scene was supposedly shot on bluescreen. Seems like there's a real effort to preserve the feel of the original work. Which is good.

Also, Gerard Butler has a remarkable resemblance to the illustrated King Leonidas.

Man I'm all over this movie. Haha.
TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL!!

Don't you guys think you're the only ones holding their breath for this one. I've been looking for the graphic novel since 2000 but i haven't had any luck since then. I'm expecting it to be even rarer (ot maybe there'll be a reissue) when the movie comes out.

March 9 seems so long away. Must wait, must wait, must wait.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
<!--QuoteBegin-Fox+Feb 17 2007, 08:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox @ Feb 17 2007, 08:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Don't you guys think you're the only ones holding their breath for this one.&nbsp; I've been looking for the graphic novel since 2000 but i haven't had any luck since then. I'm expecting it to be even rarer (ot maybe there'll be a reissue) when the movie comes out. [/quote:22a3277a20]
Yo Fox, I just spotted a copy of the hardbound graphic novel in Booktopia in Libis. It costs P1,500+. It's the final copy they have left.

[Image: 300hardbacksb1.jpg]

I'll race you to it. Big grin
hah! troy is nowhere near this movie!
yay! rated RRRRRRR
when is this coming out...?

.. hehe the story that made choke points so fashionable lol
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Now this is a real man's movie, so much so that its pumping with testosterone with every scene of the trailer Big grin
<!--QuoteBegin-Grimlok+Feb 18 2007, 04:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlok @ Feb 18 2007, 04:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Fox+Feb 17 2007, 08:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox @ Feb 17 2007, 08:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Don't you guys think you're the only ones holding their breath for this one. I've been looking for the graphic novel since 2000 but i haven't had any luck since then. I'm expecting it to be even rarer (ot maybe there'll be a reissue) when the movie comes out. [/quote:106ef04359]
Yo Fox, I just spotted a copy of the hardbound graphic novel in Booktopia in Libis. It costs P1,500+. It's the final copy they have left.

[Image: 300hardbacksb1.jpg]

I'll race you to it. Big grin [/quote:106ef04359]
Found one in Bibliarch in Walter Mart in Pasong Tamo. Damn near screamed when i saw it on display along with a picture book from the movie itself.

I had a feeling they'd be reissuing it when the movie came it. I hate it when those hunches of mine turn out right.

Fething capitalists! >Sad
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Just watched it.

I have to say that the cinematography was REALLY good. The costumes and the fight scenes too.

...but some of the script needed more work. Some of the dialogue seemed out of place from the movie's overall atmosphere.

The movie won't change the world but it was definitely fun. Fun and gruesome
same here, same here Tongue
Grah. Will see it this Friday. No spoilers please.
Spoiler:

There were far more naked tits than I bargained for.
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+Mar 7 2007, 08:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiX @ Mar 7 2007, 08:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Spoiler:

There were far more naked tits than I bargained for. [/quote:42192e9f64]
I said no spoilers dammit! LOL
LOL would it still be a spoiler if I said that I was referring to naked tits OF MEN?