Current time: 04-28-2024, 09:55 PM
MMA and Boxing Discussions
Kaya pala. LOL
Hahahah yeah that whole fight was a disgrace to humanity. LOL
Excellent article on adapting pre-Marques of Queensbury rules boxing techniques and lessons to MMA boxing because of similar rule sets. If you even follow MMA and boxing just a little bit, this is a great read. Probably the best article I've read all year apart from the history of BJJ series on BE.

Quote:There seems to be some confusion amongst fans as to how one should regard Nick Diaz’s "boxing". For many, it seems incongruent for him to be labeled the best boxer in MMA when so little of what he does in the cage can be qualified as being "good" boxing; leaning too far forward in his stance while leading with his face; keeping his hands far out in front of him where they can’t be used to protect the head; feet planted instead of light on the toes; very little movement of his head. Needless to say, none of what you’d expect from an elite boxer.

And yet, the results speak for themselves, with his most recent display of prowess coming at the expense of the previously labeled "best boxer in MMA", BJ Penn. How can Nick Diaz be the exemplifier of the "sweet science" when everything he does runs counter to what entails "good" boxing? The answer lies with the fact that everything he does is exactly what "good" boxing calls for, and the only reason we fans fail to acknowledge this is because we have narrowly focused on the sport as fought under the Marques of Queensbury rules, ignoring the lessons left to us by those who competed during the earlier reigns of London Prizefighting and Broughton’s rules. Fortunately, a few of them were thoughtful enough to write down what entailed good boxing for the "sweet science of bruising".

Click here: http://www.headkicklegend.com/2011/11/4/...science-of
GSP out with blown ACL. Which sucks.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/7/261...e#comments

I wish the guy all the best. With medical advancements made nowadays, ACLs can be dealt with easier and more efficiently, but I still hope he makes a full recovery and continues to be the dominant force in WW.
Cyborg claims another victim in her latest title fight. (1 RD KO, 0:16)

Fuck Yeah
[Image: goreh.jpg]
Why they even bother bringing this back.
what relatives always think every time mention i continuing my kung fu training again under a new master sifu
so yeah we do something this in when it comes to training/form practice of XD sorry for now when it comes to
kicking hindi ko kaya sumipa ganyan ka bilis which i need more pratice on...nagagawa ko un more complicated looking kicks like the tornado and such pero medyo mabagal pa so sifu is trying to train me to be able to do them faster pa as for ung height umaabot na little by little XD kicking is not my specialty nor for now hindi ko pa kaya tumalon ng mataas XD not a high jumper either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kElA7iISryI

and they always assume a real fight looks something like that welp telling you right now XD good luck being able to time those fancy jumps/kicks in a real fight...we still do those form practice just for body conditioning, also as point din Twinskies so that easier movements becomes easier to do or if we can properly time them (the more complicated looking moves) in a real fight we can execute them easily when the split second moment matters...parang so that it will second nature na lng if ever we spot an opening to able to use in a real fight those really fancy looking high kicks and such..that why we still practice those complex looking moves even though theyre time now a real fight

if you wanna see how a real fight usually looks like no matter what martial art check out MMA fight videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFyMV22zqrY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP5TgxWaZrs

ang layo sa movies XD? well what do you expect its a real fight now forget about looking fancy i am just wanna beat you up, so basic rule now when it comes to real fight just stick to whatever works, basic movements and when you spot and opening and can execute those fancy moves properly with perfect timing go ahead
heck even when i spar with sifu it ends up looking more like a MMA fight than those fancy kung fu movies XD we keep to basic movement simple side kicks/roundhouse and such etc XD heck i am sure sifu can do all those fancy looking movement you see in kung fu movies but yeah they're hard to time now a real fight...alam ko pa one sparring session sifu tried doing a kick combo...normal jab, punch then he does a roundhouse nag full body spin siya eh tried he tried tornado....ehehehe hindi tumama since nanotice paikot na sya so i was thinking...crap hes probably about something that will really hurt if it connects XD...so my guess was right nag duck na lng while keeping my arms up just in case...
sifu: nice dodge...
me: eh notice ko nag full body turn ka na nung nag roundhouse kick po kayo eh so i was assuming your next move would be something that will hurt
so yeah good luck trying to fancy and spinning around like a jackie chan wanna be in a real fight

so why practice those fancy movement if you dont use them often in a real fight...as mentioned XD its really more for body conditioning so that it will easy to pull off when the that split second moment matters and demonstration/exhibition purposes for others
so yeah dear relatives XD stop assuming a real kung fu fight looks like what you see in movies/games...they rarely look fancy because your rarely have time to pull off something fancy in a real fight...cge ka mag-spinning tornado kick ka or something eh kung mabagal ka pa umikot tapos marunong kalaban mo like me XD i could just like kick you, throat grab you or whatever i feel like doing quickly habang paikot ka pa XD

wala lng medyo naiinis lng ako sa uncle ko acting like alam niya "alam mo ba dapat e master mo muna ung horse stance ng ilang oras etc etc"
bottomline in anycase dear relatives XD stop assuming a real kung fu fight looks like what you see in movies/games yes we still do those fancy things for Body Conditioning /until it becomes easy to do na parang second nature na lng siya/ exhibition/demonstrations purposes but good luck timing it a real fight

so anyways just ceck list need to work on

1. able to kick faster pa, form and height nakakakuha ko na

so i guess more flexibility exercises

any suggestions to improve leg flexibility more and being able to kick faster
good news so far after one month of training under a new a sifu i can kick higher now compared sa dati

2. few more grapple escapes

3. slight habit i tend to look down paminsan gotta stop doing that at times...kaya i guess why sometimes i still get hit at the head

4. and just some slight gym exercises homework ni sifu if i may gym nearby or if may weights sa bahay na magamit...good news is we have those 3lbs small weight bad news we dont have forgot what its called that long barbel weight thing you hold with both arms XD anyways 5 lbs on each side for that long barbel one, and 2.5 for the small one on each arm daw muna 10 reps each forward, pataas and backward on each arm...and 10 reps each ulit habang nakatayo naman

and dear relatives matagal na ako nag mamartial arts only now ako nakahanap ulit a sifu to train under again

and sorry for the long post XD
Akala mo bakal kasi : 4m26s

-Totally missed the Anderson Silva fight.
-googles Silva...

(12-31-2013, 03:05 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: -Totally missed the Anderson Silva fight.
-googles Silva...

D:
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

hmmm just curious what do you guys do for leg strengthing exercises?

so far

a. leg flexibility improved a lot i can kick a lot higher compared before
so some of those high kicks in kung fu and such...example some of the high kicks that tigress or rock lee can almost do them now...XD kunti na lng and feels a lot easier to kick now

next small issue to work on is Leg strength basically being to maintain that height a bit longer when i kick

b. feel like gotten slightly bulkier and stronger XD

can feel like have a very slight 2 pack now

in anycase next thing to work on according to current sifu

a. well get somewhat a bit stronger so aside from usual drills, some core exercises

b. being able to jump a bit higher

c. and well build a bit on leg strength so at least maintain that height of the kick a bit longer during the jump...since flexiblity is there now for more or less high kicks just need a bit of leg strength to work on

haywire suggested squats a bit for leg strength...how about you guys what do you guys do for leg strength?
Infinite AP! (or at least KE defense)
team deathmatch Facepalm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F.M.A. and Arnis Discussions HayWire 28 27,056 05-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies