Current time: 05-12-2024, 10:15 AM
My stuff (Goat)
I had to necro this thread of a hyperactive Goatling with a mental capacity of a 4-year old kid who kept on saying LOL in every sentence.

I've got this assignment due on this coming Tuesday, which involves scanning, doing the lineart, and finally coloring it. So far, I'm done with the lineart and I'm following these links (1 & 2) by Steeldolphin.

The thing is, I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Currently, I'm trying to make flat colors around the robot, so I'm doing it via pen tool and selecting only the wanted parts. For now, I'm only trying to color the armor plates with dark gray so I can probably just dodge throughout the area it and finally make some reflecting lights.

[Image: sample.png]

Had to change it to light green, since I'm going to use dark gray as my flat color anyway.
[Image: TransformersLineart.png]

Filling the frame parts.
[Image: TransformersLineartFLATundone.png]

I haven't experimented much, but I still need some help. I'm trying to color this one ala comic book style btw.

Edit: Better off adding spoiler tags for images.
Oh damn man that's a sexy mech. I'd definitely hit it.

Unfortunately, I don't know squat about coloring. XD
Usually kung 2d style yang gagawin mo, normally 2 shades ang kailangan mo.
Tapos kulayan ng white ang light reflections(or depende kung anong kulay yung light).

http://cyberstore.decepticon-matrix.com/...blebee.jpg
Sige, salamat. Parehas na lang gagawin kong klase ng pagkukulay kung kakayanin sa oras. Pwede rin cell-shading ang pagkukulay pero ang balak ko kasi yung comic book style.

[Image: CELLSHADINGCOMEKBOK.png]

http://rekusu.deviantart.com/

Unless kailangan muna masanay sa cell-shading, baka nga yun na lang talaga unahin ko.
Parang iba yung definition ng comic-book coloring dun sa material mo, kaysa sa dun sa example ni Jon.

Anyway, I agree, for the sake of simplicity, keep to two to three shades of colors.
You can try this if you want:

Three colors on separate layers:
[Image: GOTUT.jpg]

Layer Arrangement:
[Image: GOTUT2.jpg]

Here's the rundown for the layers:

*Background Copy- Duplicate of the line art, set to multiply so you can add the color layers under it.
*HIGHLIGHTS- Same with shadows.
*SHADOWS- I erased some of the edges with a "soft" brush for the fading effect.
*BASE COLOR- Everything is FLAT here.
*sfdsdfgfdgfdgdf- the rest of the arm, colored.
*BG WHITE- Just to cover the lineart below.
*Background- Original line art.
Thanks, thanks! This was the one I'm looking for. I'll definitely use that one as reference. Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed how I've been already using a different way in filling my own mech. I'll continue the way I'm already using my layers since they generate the same result. I'll follow the shadows and highlight though.
That's fantastic, JE.

Just a bit more and you could have finished his work for him. LOL
Thanks to JE, I finally colored my own mech. Big grin

So far, this is how it looks. I guess it turned out pretty well in my view, considering that this is my second time coloring stuff in photoshop. It took me a whole day to become familiarized with coloring steel though.

Also, blame Rick for the slower progress. We were killing some zombies.

[Image: FUCKcopy.png]

I still have to work on the smaller details.
That's pretty awesome!

Are you going to add more details/color layers?
Thanks. I may have to add another color, or prolly just keep adjusting the overall tone. Mukhang nangupas kasi yung bakal.

Here's how it currently looks. It almost looks the same, only with a slightly increase tone.

[Image: FUCK.png]

Increasing the levels didn't work, so I had to increase the tone manually. Due date is on Tuesday, so I can still play around with it.

I'll need more practice at this point because I haven't fully understood how metal works in digital painting.
wow so amazing desuyo!
[Image: th_tumblr_lk9u9uH6yu1qbacrgo1_500.gif]
Wow it turned out pretty well. I don't think you need to work on the smaller details, as they already stand out.
Thanks, it still isn't done. Couldn't have done it without your help though.

Edit: Fuck. Unedited post turned out the opposite way than what I originally meant.
I think I'm finally going to pass this to my teacher.

[Image: FUCKULTIMATELYDONE.png]

And now I need to paint something for another subject. Facepalm

Time to put thee behind the pages again, Mr. Thread. Crazy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grim's stuff Grim 29 31,023 09-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Grim