Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:59 PM
Lines
Regarding the current state of defectors, moles and betrayals happening in ACV.

"As with men, so it is with silk; it is difficult to change their colors once they have been set."
- from the intro of the Horus Heresy book 'Flight of the Eisenstein'
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
"One of the greatest and most baffling ironies of the known universe is that, despite their inherent military superiority to all other species, a vast section of human literature, particularly a genre they call "sci-fi", includes the theme of humans being vastly outmatched by older and more technologically advanced species. This is a trope that is repeated in practically all forms of human media, particularly in what humans call "movies" and "video games".

There is something inherently terrifying about a race that has to make up a species tougher than themselves just for the sake of challenging entertainment."

- observations of an unknown alien scout, prior to withdrawal from the Solar System.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
^
^
The reason why aliens do not want us to know about them existing.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Well, some of us might already know.

"Of the mighty armada that had left Confederacy space to claim the blue planet in the Sol System there was no word. The transmissions had ceased abruptly, but long range communication was prone to mishaps, and no one was overly concerned.

When the transit pod dropped from darkspace, it was assumed to be space junk at first, but a very weak transponder signal caused enough interest that the Governor-General ordered an investigation. The pod's sole occupant, a technician from the Armada's flagship had been driven to insanity by what he had witnessed, but he still managed to push a box into the Governor-General's grasp before collapsing.

None of us were quite expecting what we found inside, if we knew to expect anything at this point. Staring back from the box were the lifeless eyes of the Lord Admiral, well two of his lifeless eyes at least, the third had been destroyed by a projectile which had left a gaping exit wound amongst his antennae. Accompanying the head was a small piece of paper on which was drawn a crude representation of a four-limbed biped, raising the middle digit of his forelimb in some sort of confrontational gesture.

A translation of the short accompanying text proved to be a suggestion to do something physically and morally impossible."
- High Prefect Rhetonius, adjutant to the Governor-General
"Patience has a limit."
Hven't been here for a while, anyway Fox where did you get those last two entries of yours? Or did you just make those up?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(08-20-2012, 03:16 AM)clonezero Wrote: Hven't been here for a while, anyway Fox where did you get those last two entries of yours? Or did you just make those up?

They're from a thread in /tg/.
"SOLOMON! I HAVE RETURNED!"
- Lt.Cmdr Anavel Gato, before nuking the Feddie fleet.

Oh yes indeed. Clapping
"How many Mexicans does it take to KO Pacquiao? Only JUAN..
How many Mexicans got KO'd by Pacquiao? MANNY.."

From a friend's status.
found this while reading on the bus earlier.
From "The Best of Chico & Delamar's The Morning Rush Top 10"

Funny Love Team Nicknames
1. Abigail Arenas + Pnoy = AbNoy
2. Ashton Kutcher + Holly Hunter = AshHol
3. Keri Hilson + KD lang = KeriLang
4. Pooh + K Brosas = Pooh K
5. Charice + Justin Bieber = ChaBie
6. Johnny Cash + Carrie Underwood = Cash and Carrie
7. Connie Sison + Dominic Ochoa = ConDom
8. Matt Evans + Lyn Ching = MattChing
9. Michael Bay + Christina Aguilera = BayAg
10. Manny Pacquiao + Jinkee Pacquiao = ManKee
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair."- George S. Patton
I am the bone of my sword.
In light of certain events that occured last weekend:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup."
— Bored of the Rings

Tangina niyong mga nagkukunwari at mga pa-epal diyan.
Something to think about.

"Go after her. Fuck, don’t sit there and wait for her to call, go after her because that’s what you should do if you love someone, don’t wait for them to give you a sign cause it might never come, don’t let people happen to you, don’t let me happen to you, or her, she’s not a fucking television show or tornado. There are people I might have loved had they gotten on the airplane or run down the street after me or called me up drunk at four in the morning because they need to tell me right now and because they cannot regret this and I always thought I’d be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never give enough of a fuck to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable and honest and making someone fall in love with you is easy and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can’t just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone’s idea of love but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do. Go scream it and be with her in meaningful ways because that is beautiful and that is generous and that is what loving someone is, that is raw and that is unguarded, and that is all that is worth anything, really."
- Harvey Milk