Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:23 PM
Resistance: Fall of Man
Good news, guys: The game rocks for a 1st gen game XD.

The game feels like a 1940's WWII FPS like CoD, but mixes it up nicely with some sci-fi elements like Half-Life2 - though weapons are admittedly as gritty as KillZone.

And for the first time - your default rifle is actualy deadlly, lol. Low damage, but with a 5 0-round clip, low recoil, and good lr accuracy, you can't really go wrong.

Anything you guys wanna ask?
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Weapons, how many can you carry? Is it like HALO where you can only carry 2 at a time or do you carry a magic bag like in Half-Life?
First off, since I'm planning to trick my parents into investing into a PS3 sometime soon XD, does the game feel truly 'next-gen' with respect to the experience? Everything's included in that question: graphics, sounds, mechanics.

Second, is multiplayer fun? I'd like to know since when I get this beast of a machine I think I'll have weekly deathmatches at my house, haha. Connected to that, is online with this game (or any game on the PS3 for that matter, AC4 most specially) viable with a low-tier internet connection like PLDT myDSL's P999 plan? Tongue

For the benefit of the other guys around here who don't know, Antonio here works for an online magazine (or something, I don't really know how to say it haha), and he's one of the lucky few who are getting playtesting time with the PS3. Suffice it to say I wish I had his job right now.
Not sure on that yet, but I think it's the "magic bag" system - you carry everything with you.

Well, for a first-gen, the gameplay's pretty standard fare for an FPS. What makes it fun, though, is the graphics - I love the visuals. The enemy AI is what got me liking it though.

The devs weren't kidding when they said the enemy learns - you can't use the same tactic on them twice.

Ex. I usually ducked behind cover and used pop-and-fire tactics, and it worked well for the first part of the game. The prob was, as I progressed, the enemy hybrids (Standard alien soldiers) learned to bum rush my position, and tried to blast me point-blank while I was reloading. Damn smart.
Clapping

Weapons, can't remember their names or all of them, but some of the more interesting guns I'd like to try out:

The Bullseye rifle: Standard enemy rifle. Doesn't look like much due to its habit of scattering shots. What makes it rock is its secondary fire: it fires a homing beacon. When the tag hits an enemy - all your bullets home in on the target.

Auger gun: This one's interesting. Imagine trying to duck behind cover, and finding out that your enemy's passed just passed through the wall. The Auger's bullets on their own don't do too much dmg,but they build up damage with every obstacle they pass through. The secondary feature's a shield, and only another auger can cut through the barrier.

dual pistol: Handles like the usual dual-wield in most FPS except for one detail - each gun can be trained on an independent target, Equilibrium-style.

Sniper rifle: A rifle that slows down time! Well, not exactly. Nathan Hale, the main character, has some plot-related special abilitites such as enhanced reflexes, and the game simulates that by slowing time down everytime you peer down the scope. Cool.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Wow. Pretty original weapon concepts and a smart AI. I've already seen the screens of the game and this was just the confirmation I was waiting for (that Resistance is win). Big grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fall of Cybertron Twin-Skies 11 14,824 04-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Resistance 2 atdsutm 4 5,967 12-12-2008, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Hempire