Current time: 03-29-2024, 09:12 PM
Local AC Offline Meetup
The local Gundam EXVS community has been doing monthly meetups at Playbook in Circuit Mall, but I'm also working on getting local AC setups

We're looking to have a PS3 with ACFA and PS2 with Last Raven at our meetup this Jan. 28th

Any AC players who're interested in getting regular local meetups going?
I remotely handle a few PH community spaces!

Founding member of Midnight Mashers, please support our Gank channel!
Community manager for Cosmic Gorgons.
Logistics consultant for Tito Steef, you can hire him for retro booth setups!
If you have LR I night be down to swing by. We were actually thinking of hosting another offline tournament soon. Haven't been to playbook but would also be good to see if it's a potential venue.

Can play master of arena too or something over duckstation emulator on a laptop.
(01-13-2023, 06:05 PM)NiX Wrote: If you have LR I night be down to swing by. We were actually thinking of hosting another offline tournament soon. Haven't been to playbook but would also be good to see if it's a potential venue.

Can play master of arena too or something over duckstation emulator on a laptop.

I'm securing a PS2 with LR on it as we speak! Emulation on a laptop should be fine too, though the establishment will probably count that as part of the standard FGC rate (like bringing your own console for a station at the venue).

That's great. So how does it work? Do we just show up? How much do you usually end up paying per person?
(01-13-2023, 07:08 PM)NiX Wrote: That's great. So how does it work? Do we just show up?

Yes, pretty much just show up and play. For games that aren't part of the store's library, bring our own consoles (or for stuff like emulated AC, laptops).

(01-13-2023, 07:08 PM)NiX Wrote: How much do you usually end up paying per person?

The weekend rates are 300 per person for unli-play until closing, or 200 if you come in after 4 PM.
[Image: Qbq4DGL.jpg]

Ah, damn, I have a family trip on the 28th. I'll really try for your Feb meetup though. Maybe one of our other members (cough cough Makati guys) can show up for this upcoming one.

You guys play fighting games too? We have a few Tekken players here.
Hey, check out their FB. They actually have fighting game tournaments for numerous games. The place itself looks like what we do at our own tourneys. Could be a great venue for us if ever.

EDIT: I can swing by on the 28th, it's not that far from my place. :p Anyone willing to check it out with me?
Leperman's a virtual-on fan too. Maybe you guys can find a way to play that.
Is it possible to stream our casuals there using our own accounts?
(01-13-2023, 07:47 PM)NiX Wrote: Ah, damn, I have a family trip on the 28th. I'll really try for your Feb meetup though. Maybe one of our other members (cough cough Makati guys) can show up for this upcoming one.
You guys play fighting games too? We have a few Tekken players here.
A few of our Gundam players overlap with anime FGC stuff, and I did see some of them also doing Tekken during our last meetup!
(01-13-2023, 08:29 PM)NiX Wrote: Leperman's a virtual-on fan too. Maybe you guys can find a way to play that.
I actually tried to get V-On going for a bit! We had V-On Index casuals on the side during some of the Splatoon meetups at Playbook. I also did some VOOT casuals using V-On Masterpiece at a few other venues (that unfortunately closed during the early pandemic era). Our retro booth guy also has Dreamcast VOOT with splitscreen, which we brought to Baguio once.

It's been a challenge setting up V-On. The PS4 versions don't have splitscreen, so they require two PS4's with PS+ (and copies of the game). We've also had some difficulty setting up twinstick controls since the official Tanita twinstick is hard to find (and expensive). It is pretty playable on PS4 pads though!

I do know that the old SM North players are just lurking around and will probably show up if we can find a venue with a working VOOT cabinet, or successfully mod a twinstick setup.

(01-13-2023, 09:16 PM)atdsutm Wrote: Is it possible to stream our casuals there using our own accounts?

Yes, AFAIK Playbook allows players to stream to their own pages. Likely just needs acknowledgement that the stream is from Playbook's venue.

(01-14-2023, 12:57 PM)Hamstah_Fwend Wrote: I actually tried to get V-On going for a bit! We had V-On Index casuals on the side during some of the Splatoon meetups at Playbook. I also did some VOOT casuals using V-On Masterpiece at a few other venues (that unfortunately closed during the early pandemic era). Our retro booth guy also has Dreamcast VOOT with splitscreen, which we brought to Baguio once.

It's been a challenge setting up V-On. The PS4 versions don't have splitscreen, so they require two PS4's with PS+ (and copies of the game). We've also had some difficulty setting up twinstick controls since the official Tanita twinstick is hard to find (and expensive). It is pretty playable on PS4 pads though!

I do know that the old SM North players are just lurking around and will probably show up if we can find a venue with a working VOOT cabinet, or successfully mod a twinstick setup.

I'll swing by your event on the 28th in Circuit Makati. I want to check the place out if it's a good place to have tournaments (from the pics, it looks perfect). I haven't touched the Gundam Vs games since Gundam Vs Gundam on the PS2, though I played FvsZ DX on the arcade with people.

Of course, if there'll be AC, I'm down with it.

I'm barely familiar with the Virtual On scene in SM North, I've only been to their arcade to meet the people there once, and it was with VOOT 5.2. I usually hung out in SM Megamall and in Powerplant Mall which both had VOOT 5.4. I do hear a few names here and there back in the day, I think it was in virtual-on.net that basically turned into the PH forum?
(01-13-2023, 09:16 PM)atdsutm Wrote: Is it possible to stream our casuals there using our own accounts?
I asked the establishment about streaming to our own accounts/pages during casuals, they said we can do a split stream.
(01-14-2023, 10:53 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: I'll swing by your event on the 28th in Circuit Makati. I want to check the place out if it's a good place to have tournaments (from the pics, it looks perfect). I haven't touched the Gundam Vs games since Gundam Vs Gundam on the PS2, though I played FvsZ DX on the arcade with people.

Of course, if there'll be AC, I'm down with it.

I'm barely familiar with the Virtual On scene in SM North, I've only been to their arcade to meet the people there once, and it was with VOOT 5.2. I usually hung out in SM Megamall and in Powerplant Mall which both had VOOT 5.4. I do hear a few names here and there back in the day, I think it was in virtual-on.net that basically turned into the PH forum?
I'm not that familiar with the local V-On scene myself, I only started looking for it fairly recently --  wasn't in the FGC until MKX. I only found out about the old SM North V-On crowd by the time I was organizing Gundam stuff.

We'll definitely have Gundam MBON on Sunday and a retro setup with PS3 FA and PS2 LR!

Looks like I'll be able to swing by on the 28th! Just a bit late into the evening, because I'm coming from a dinner meetup in BGC with other friends.

No PS2 but we should be fine with a laptop running an LR emulator at the venue. PS3 with FA will also be there as promised. (I'm sending someone else with the PS3 setup then I'll pick it up before Playbook closes)

Alright what time should I show up, and what time is everyone else arriving? I'll prolly just mingle for a bit if ever.
(01-23-2023, 10:45 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Alright what time should I show up, and what time is everyone else arriving? I'll prolly just mingle for a bit if ever.

The Gundam players will be there around 2 PM! I'll be arriving way later, probably near closing time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guidelines for setting up offline meetings. Lord_Leperman 0 444 11-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman