Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:54 PM
Armored Core is alive and kicking, and so are we!
FEED THE FIRE!!!
Well now.

I'll be honest, I was a month away from shutting down the site. There hasn't been any legitimate notice from From Software regarding Armored Core for the past... 8 years or so. So like the rest of you, I had made peace with the fact that with the developer's success with their Souls and Souls-like games, the AC series we all grew up with and loved was just a time in the past to look back on and enjoy the memories of.

But then The Game Awards 2022 happened. To say that the news was warmly received by us is an understatement (in case you don't know what I'm talking about, first you must be pretty lost, and second, well, these threads can explain it better than I can).

In the last almost-decade I've kinda let this place run on autopilot, since, let's face it, the series was dead. But with that announcement, a glimmer of hope shines for all us mech/mecha/giant-fucking-robot fans. With the march of time and technology, there's lots of updates to be done, so please pardon our dust in the upcoming days and weeks. I'm also not blind to the fact that Discord and Reddit have pretty much displaced forums as the de-facto internet communication standard, but I think forums will still have their place, especially with a larger group of like-minded people.

So... welcome back, huh?

What a time to be alive.
Hi grim
Well wasn't expecting that excitement is at an all time high for this game. when it popped up on my Facebook I first thought it was a fan thing again but no AC is back and next year too.
Not been bothered with gaming for a while as everything was just well the same so currently still have ps4 but will be upgrading now to 5 when know more on release times etc. So I'll be hanging around here and dusting down my AC waiting for any news to drop if that's ok with you.
All the best Wayne (england)
(12-11-2022, 07:20 AM)Grim Wrote: Well now.

I'll be honest, I was a month away from shutting down the site. There hasn't been any legitimate notice from From Software regarding Armored Core for the past... 8 years or so. So like the rest of you, I had made peace with the fact that with the developer's success with their Souls and Souls-like games, the AC series we all grew up with and loved was just a time in the past to look back on and enjoy the memories of.

But then The Game Awards 2022 happened. To say that the news was warmly received by us is an understatement (in case you don't know what I'm talking about, first you must be pretty lost, and second, well, these threads can explain it better than I can).

In the last almost-decade I've kinda let this place run on autopilot, since, let's be honest, the series was dead. But with that announcement, a glimmer of hope shines for all us mech/mecha/giant-fucking-robot fans. With the march of time and technology, there's lots of updates to be done, so please pardon our dust in the upcoming days and weeks. I'm also not blind to the fact that Discord and Reddit have pretty much displaced forums as the de-facto internet communication standard, but I think forums will still have their place, especially with a larger group of like-minded people.

So... welcome back, huh?

What a time to be alive.

"Kept you waiting, huh?"
Very glad to see this place still online!

Website is wonderful with cool articles and other content, and forum has plenty of "knowledge from the past" which nowodays is hard to find, especially considering how most other AC places gone offline (ACG, ACU, ACL and the likes). I still think that forum format is superioir in many ways to modern discord chatting or social network group posting. So, thank you much for staying alive!
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Let's go, you magnificent bastards. I've missed most of you. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Talk about taking your time Fromsoft! While we still have to see what sort of game they bring out, I can't help but be optimistic that they will make something good.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

I see you are updating website to look "modern" and "mobile friendly" with blog-like structure (?).

Not something that I would (subjectively) prefer, but as long as existing content is still here, okay...
(12-20-2022, 08:06 PM)ZaruForever Wrote: I see you are updating website to look "modern" and "mobile friendly" with blog-like structure (?).

Not something that I would (subjectively) prefer, but as long as existing content is still here, okay...

That was by accident, actually. I was updating stuff on the backend, one thing led to another and... long story short, I had to scramble to find something that looked nice and was easy enough to customize. The mobile-friendliness was just a happy coincidence.

But yeah, as much as I can, all of the features available in the old look will still be available in the current one.
Hello hello. I was a very late (and brief) joiner during the V/VD days. I'm glad to see that RR is going through a revival, I'm looking forward to playing with you guys again when VI releases.
(12-11-2022, 07:20 AM)Grim Wrote: Well now.

In the last almost-decade I've kinda let this place run on autopilot, since, let's face it, the series was dead. But with that announcement, a glimmer of hope shines for all us mech/mecha/giant-fucking-robot fans. With the march of time and technology, there's lots of updates to be done, so please pardon our dust in the upcoming days and weeks. I'm also not blind to the fact that Discord and Reddit have pretty much displaced forums as the de-facto internet communication standard, but I think forums will still have their place, especially with a larger group of like-minded people.

So... welcome back, huh?

What a time to be alive.

Your countdown to the site's shutdown must've scared From into releasing a new game.
My socials are blowing up with posts from the OGs, and I've never been happier. It's good to hear from old friends and meeting up IRL after Christmas, knowing everyone's still safe and alive.

That moment the news AC6 is coming, I am reminded of  Overwatch's "Recall" cinematic's ending. Honestly, it's almost bringing a tear to my eye.
Hey everybody, guess who? Man its been so long.
You're all amazing for keeping these forums going for so long as it is, and the fact that the AC6 announcement came at exactly right time to prevent the doors from finally closing is crazy.

also...HOLY f**k A NEW ARMORED CORE!! I've really missed this excitement, and i've missed the AC community so much. With these forums being the last ones standing I really hope we see the return of lots of the communities other "old head's" here too.
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I made it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what it would do" - Gune from Titan AE
Yo Deemer nice to see you checking back. The community's been active again thanks to both the AC6 announcement and recent developments with emulation and online connectivity. We've been playing 3rd-gen games online. Lots of 4th and 5th gen guys have also been interested enough to go back and try the older games.
(01-31-2023, 08:40 PM)Deemer Wrote: Hey everybody, guess who? Man its been so long.
You're all amazing for keeping these forums going for so long as it is, and the fact that the AC6 announcement came at exactly right time to prevent the doors from finally closing is crazy.

also...HOLY f**k A NEW ARMORED CORE!! I've really missed this excitement, and i've missed the AC community so much. With these forums being the last ones standing I really hope we see the return of lots of the communities other "old head's" here too.

Heyya, welcome back. Glad to see old names resurface Smile

Gotta thank Grim too for finding a way to bring back the old RR skin on the forums! Big grin My eyes are saved from too much brightness :p