Current time: 03-29-2024, 09:57 PM
Armored Core 6 Speculations
The crystal ball is clear!
(06-16-2023, 02:16 AM)Grim Wrote:
(06-15-2023, 12:17 PM)Griffon Wrote: Apparently each of he shoulder buttons are mapped to your 4 weapons, so you can supposedly be able to fire all 4 at once? What's everyone's thoughts on that?

I immediately thought of doing a 4 hit combo, honestly. There's bound to be weapons that will be made to pair with each other, and with a stagger mechanic involved, having a primer and payoff weapon (or three) sounds fun.

I like the speed too. To me it's just the right amount of zip and dash while having heft and gravity.

The speed is a mix of AC4 and LR.
(06-19-2023, 05:46 AM)atdsutm Wrote: The speed is a mix of AC4 and LR.

It's a good speed if you want my opinion. While I enjoyed my time with AC4 very much, I had opinions about the speed of the game and how spammy quickboost was. It may sound silly in retrospect but my hope for fA was that it would dial some of that back a little (which certainly did NOT happen). So it seems like AC6 is hitting that middle ground between Raven-era games and AC4, like you said, that I've kind of been wanting.

Also, I don't know how much this is getting blown out of proportion by clickbait videos, but I've been hearing a lot of "veteran players" voicing disappointment after the latest gameplay reveal trailer and how a few "Souls" elements have seemingly made their way into the game. I'm sorry, but did anybody really not expect this to happen? They're acting like it's taking away fro AC having its own identity, but I don't think it's doing that at all, I see it as addressing certain longtime complaints about the series. I know this hasn't been stated anywhere and is pure speculation, but I'm halfway expecting the control layout to take a lot from Souls actually; a big point of contention throughout Armored Core's lifespan has been its obtuse default button layout, and I think something based on FROMs Souls button mapping could work really well. I was also half-expecting the hard-lock-on function it looks like we got, and while I knew that if we did then the nature of PVP would change drastically, I don't think it'll be for the worse, just have to learn to to allocate more focus on other things than having to aim.
The one thing that does give me pause is them saying that missions will have checkpoints with garage access. But is everybody forgetting that ACV had that too? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly remember long missions inf ACV where you got to call down a supply helicopter that gave you garage access in the middle of the mission. Nobody made a big stink of it back then, but now suddenly it's a big problem? Just rubs me the wrong way, just sounds like gatekeeping and contrarianism.
"Well you're obviously not a Poker player, Mr. West. Four-of-a-kind always beats a Pair."
Dr. Arliss Loveless, on leg types.
I actually subscribe to the opinion that Type B/old school controls provide a higher skill ceiling in the 3rd gen games than Type A/analog controls do, despite having played 3rd gen almost entirely using Type A. Aiming is just tighter and less floaty. And due to how ACs move in that gen, you don't really need pinpoint accuracy 100% of the time, just keeping them somewhat in the center of your FOV is enough to keep a lock. Movement is also better because you can spam R1 while holding L1 (or was it the other way around, I don't remember). Regardless, Type A was an option.

A lot of people equate games with obtuse systems - like archaic controls and mechanics, as well as little to no handholding during gameplay - as games which require high skill, and therefore speaks highly of the players who play it at a high level. So of course vets of the series will love this because it shows the time and effort they've put in to git gud. And yeah, maybe throw in a little gatekeeping in there as well, kind of like a virtual "you must be this good to get on this ride" kind of thing.

But as early as Last Raven, then into AC4/fA, then into Demon's Souls and the rest of the Soulsborne series, FromSoft proved that great games don't need archaic controls. They don't need to be the barrier to entry. Those titles introduced actually intuitive controls and found that players in general gravitate towards good gameplay, handholding or not. People are smart enough to figure out in-game mechanics anyway. So as long as the core gameplay loop was sufficiently difficult and sufficiently rewarding, that was good enough.

Being the first AC game in 8 years, we'll see if the loop is good enough to keep players coming back even while they complain.

I'm optimistic they'll be able to do it well. But as always, I reserve the right to change my mind after actually having played the game, lol.
This'll be in the next PIO but thought I'd post it here first. 

Armored Core VI book has been announced. Releases on August 18th, reservations (pre-orders I'm assuming) are being accepted.

Will also include a tapestry 

Source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/202307/12309397.html
L
ink: https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/322305001355/

GTM Magazine has their monthly magazine with ACVI artwork

Unsure if it's official or fanart.

Source: https://twitter.com/GamesTribune/status/...7647791105

FromSoftware has announced events to allow people to play ACVI. Please note this is for JAPAN ONLY.

The first is "Trial Play Privilege," where the game will be available to demo at specific Japan stores (store and dates are specified in the link below). Those who participate will receive some goodies as gifts. These events will be held from July 29th to August 20th.

Each person will be limited to 15 minutes of playtime. Those who will get a chance to play the game will be determined by a lottery system. Each person will get a number and those chosen will be selected (only one per person)

The second event is the Special Briefing. It will be held on August 18th, and people must submit an application to be a part. 40 people will be randomly chosen for a 30 minute play session, as well as for an exhibition booth, photo spot, talk session, and more (all free of charge)

Source: https://www.armoredcore.net/article/230714_1.html
Wielder of Tolima, lover of 5th Gen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Armored Core 6's Stagger Mechanics Lord_Leperman 0 288 08-21-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman