Inside: 105D-MEDUSA
Extension:
Back Unit R:
Back Unit L:
Arm Unit R: CR-WR84RA2
Arm Unit L: WH01R-Gast
Hanger Unit R:
Hanger Unit L:

Came up with something out of the blue to test out. I remember a couple of years back that the Gaea core was really highly regarded over in the States by our good friends there, so I wanted to try out the poking ability of said core plus the regen ammo benefits with a couple of semi close range rifles. Seems okay on paper somewhat, but I did make it a point to get out of the usual part selection-especially the legs.

Will test a bit. Salute
This is indeed out of the blue, but a welcomed post nevertheless!

Don't have LR handy to test it out at the time, but at a glance this build may be really tight on the energy so cannot really abuse the EO as much. You may want to try swapping out CRICKET for MAYFLY to get a little more out of the LOTUS if you can spare the weight.

I used to ran a similar frame with the JAGUAR2 legs plus the ROC2 and the LB2 blade instead of dual rifles, just don't try to face tank anything and you should be fine.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah was thinking of the same thing re: energy. Will try to see what I can do about it. Maybe replace the Gen booster combo with the more stable g91 vulture 2?
Try that generator/booster combo first, if the legs cannot handle the weight then try another weapon combo.
Got it. just generally fiddling around, but will let you know ASAP.

Okay the lotus gull setup can't work lol. I tried to do that to eek out a bit of speed from it. Switched back to g91 v2 and it was much better.
Was generally fiddling around with this unit earlier today.

Will it be generally better for me to put RS or a sniping weapon on the right arm? Would it mesh well with the GAEA EOs?

I don't generally use EO much, so can someone enlighten me on how those generally work? Like combat ranges, etc etc
(07-30-2015, 11:20 PM)Mjting Wrote: I don't generally use EO much, so can someone enlighten me on how those generally work?
EOs are core types that "launches" floating guns that hover on your back that provide additional firepower.
There are two types of EOs:
One fires energy weapons, these cores' ammo refill when you deactivate them, making them pretty good for protracted battles/missions. The downside is that they waste your own energy when they fire. Another downside is that these cores don't have AMS (anti missile).
The other type are the solid ones. Unlike the one above, they don't use energy and they have AMS. The downside of these cores is that they don't regenerate ammo and like solid munitions, they add additional costs to the ammo costs if they're used. They could also generate heat pretty fast if you don't have enough cooling and they're left activated, the machinegun one especially (E2).
(07-30-2015, 11:20 PM)Mjting Wrote: Will it be generally better for me to put RS or a sniping weapon on the right arm? Would it mesh well with the GAEA EOs?
IMO, it would be better to put more bullets in the air with this build. I think the standard rifles is a good choice over SRs
[Image: nines.jpg]
BLACK DRAGON'S ALIVE!!! Shock
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(08-01-2015, 04:51 PM)Black Dragon Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:20 PM)Mjting Wrote: I don't generally use EO much, so can someone enlighten me on how those generally work?
EOs are core types that "launches" floating guns that hover on your back that provide additional firepower.
There are two types of EOs:
One fires energy weapons, these cores' ammo refill when you deactivate them, making them pretty good for protracted battles/missions. The downside is that they waste your own energy when they fire. Another downside is that these cores don't have AMS (anti missile).
The other type are the solid ones. Unlike the one above, they don't use energy and they have AMS. The downside of these cores is that they don't regenerate ammo and like solid munitions, they add additional costs to the ammo costs if they're used. They could also generate heat pretty fast if you don't have enough cooling and they're left activated, the machinegun one especially (E2).
(07-30-2015, 11:20 PM)Mjting Wrote: Will it be generally better for me to put RS or a sniping weapon on the right arm? Would it mesh well with the GAEA EOs?
IMO, it would be better to put more bullets in the air with this build. I think the standard rifles is a good choice over SRs

Thank you for the response! don't worry I know how EOs work in that sense. However I was curious how to use them in multiplayer settings, and what are the good ranges to use them, optimal weapons to pair them up with, so on and so forth.
In my experience, the optimal ranges of EOs are short/pistol range, except for SELENA in which you need to be at point-blank range. Each cores have their own lock-on times and accuracies:

Lock-on times from shortest to longest:
CR-C98E2
C02-URANUS
CR-C89E
C01-GAEA
C05-SELENA

Accuracy from best to worst:
CR-C89E
C01-GAEA
C02-URANUS
CR-C98E2
C05-SELENA

The GAEA has decent accuracy and can be toggled on in rifle range, though it does have a delay before it actually fires. Keep this on whenever you are in range and has the surplus energy. It will reload 10 rounds at a time if left off for 6.5 seconds, toggling it on will however reset the timer. This is the core that can actually kill stuff on its own.

CR-C89E is good at breaking parts, and can keep up a steady flow of molten lead at whatever it is shooting at (EOs are rather rather sensitive when it comes to fighting multiple enemies and may not shoot at your primary target). While it cannot really kill ACs on its own, it increases one's damage output consistently.

C02-URANUS requires an entire AC built around it to work well; all those optional slots are there for the reason of enhancing this energy guzzling pea-shooter. This is the core that is most affected by optional parts: O05-HISTON will turn it into an actual machinegun, O06-PHAGE cuts down on the energy spent per round significantly, O04-GOLGI gives it a the much needed boost in firepower, and KISSYOH offsets its lack of AMS. However, the real power of this core stands in psychological warfare - inexperienced players will shy away when you get into their face guns blazing (I know I certainly did back in AC3 LOL ). While it does reload quickly at about 1 round per second, it takes too long for it to finish loading all 100.

C-C98E2 is the premium damage racer. Pop it on at point-blank range and see it chip away at your opponent's AP. It is especially potent against grounded light-weights. Just try to make all the shots count by keeping in range.

C05-SELENA is the oddball of the bunch with its huge damage potential, on paper at least. Despite of its raw power, it locks on too slowly to be useful in a joust. Keep it on at short range, time the shots, and close distance right before it fires to make sure the shots connect. With its high usage drain and low accuracy, it is best used with a tank or a quad that can stun-lock an opponent with the LGL. It replenishes all 12 rounds when left off for 22.5 seconds.

Black Dragon is right in that EOs generate heat when used, they have a start-up heat like OBs when toggled, so it is best not to turn them on and off repeatedly when boosting. I will need to test GAEA and SELENA to see how long it takes for them to reload.

Edit: Corrected reload times, they are a lot faster than I thought but only seems slow because combat is so fast paced in LR.
(08-01-2015, 11:18 PM)medusa0 Wrote: In my experience, the optimal ranges of EOs are short/pistol range, except for SELENA in which you need to be at point-blank range. Each cores have their own lock-on times and accuracies:

Lock-on times from shortest to longest:
CR-C98E2
C02-URANUS
CR-C89E
C01-GAEA
C05-SELENA

Accuracy from best to worst:
CR-C89E
C01-GAEA
C02-URANUS
CR-C98E2
C05-SELENA

The GAEA has decent accuracy and can be toggled on in rifle range, though it does have a delay before it actually fires. Keep this on whenever you are in range and has the surplus energy. When left off for a while (can't remember how long this is, probably 45-60 seconds), it will reload 12 rounds at a time, toggling it on will however reset the timer. This is the core that can actually kill stuff on its own.

CR-C89E is good at breaking parts, and can keep up a steady flow of molten lead at whatever it is shooting at (EOs are rather rather sensitive when it comes to fighting multiple enemies and may not shoot at your primary target). While it cannot really kill ACs on its own, it increases one's damage output consistently.

C02-URANUS requires an entire AC built around it to work well; all those optional slots are there for the reason of enhancing this energy guzzling pea-shooter. This is the core that is most affected by optional parts: O05-HISTON will turn it into an actual machinegun, O06-PHAGE cuts down on the energy spent per round significantly, O04-GOLGI gives it a the much needed boost in firepower, and KISSYOH offsets its lack of AMS. However, the real power of this core stands in psychological warfare - inexperienced players will shy away when you get into their face guns blazing (I know I certainly did back in AC3 LOL ). While it does reload quickly at about 1 round per second, it takes too long for it to finish loading all 100.

C-C98E2 is the premium damage racer. Pop it on at point-blank range and see it chip away at your opponent's AP. It is especially potent against grounded light-weights. Just try to make all the shots count by keeping in range.

C05-SELENA is the oddball of the bunch with its huge damage potential, on paper at least. Despite of its raw power, it locks on too slowly to be useful in a joust. Keep it on at short range, time the shots, and close distance right before it fires to make sure the shots connect. With its high usage drain and low accuracy, it is best used with a tank or a quad that can stun-lock an opponent with the LGL. It replenishes all 12 rounds when left off for 60-90 seconds.

Black Dragon is right in that EOs generate heat when used, they have a start-up heat like OBs when toggled, so it is best not to turn them on and off repeatedly when boosting. I will need to test GAEA and SELENA to see how long it takes for them to reload.

Hey man! Thank you very much for the response. I generally shy away from EOs in favor of standard cores as I, yes am one of the more boring generic players here-despite being in tourneys and being active and such(ask Nix). I am really grateful for this info! Now I have an idea how to build around EOs better. Salute
(08-01-2015, 05:50 PM)Fox Wrote: BLACK DRAGON'S ALIVE!!! Shock
I think I heard that before, but thanks for the welcome(?)
LOL
(08-01-2015, 11:18 PM)medusa0 Wrote: The GAEA has decent accuracy and can be toggled on in rifle range, though it does have a delay before it actually fires. Keep this on whenever you are in range and has the surplus energy. When left off for a while (can't remember how long this is, probably 45-60 seconds), it will reload 12 rounds at a time, toggling it on will however reset the timer. This is the core that can actually kill stuff on its own.
Pretty decent shot velocity and energy efficient too.
And yeah, I agree with the short range as the optimal range, since you can't really control how the core shoots, which might result in wasting shots especially against hopping/zig-zagging enemies. Though if you see an opening or need to create one, feel free to pop GAEA up at those times too.
[Image: nines.jpg]
Gull Lotus should work if you're efficient enough with your movement, and especially if you have batteries on the extensions. In this case since you have no back weapons, batteries might be a good idea with Gull Lotus. By batteries I mean Jiren.

Gaea is a great defensive core on fast and mobile defensive ACs. The key in making fast and mobile ACs pvp wise is having something with really high AP/ speed ratios. If this were PvP focused, then ideally it would forego the decoys, and probably get a head with higher AP. Usually Eye3 is the norm for anything that isn't rocking a back radar. The L2 legs are nice and fast with decent stats, though might be a bit drainy for this type of application if using Gull Lotus? Either way still nice. XS arms are a nice choice to help with the energy efficiency while running Gaea.

Probably the best thing you could do is replace the Gast with an R3 and run Limpet for your FCS. You'll have a huge box then, and the R3 is a little more accurate than the Gast. I used a Gaea bot with R2/R3 on Limpet box with really good results, although I used S3 legs to really gouge the AP to insane levels.

http://i.imgur.com/lqpU7rF.jpg

Anyways, Gaea bots can be fun to use, and make sure you're running the energy optionals (primarily Golgi and then Phage, and if not Golgi, then only Phage). If running G91 plus Vulture2, then you can probably swap Phage out for Golgi. Phage makes a pretty good difference when running Gull Lotus.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AC:LR Test 2 Mjting 7 8,107 07-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  LR : (AC test/ prototype NEXT) taurustrin 0 3,501 12-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Last Post: taurustrin
  a test charger and a thing clonezero 16 14,926 02-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Black_Flame