Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:37 PM
[OLD] RR v5! Board Upgrade Incoming!
Our forum software has just released a major new version, which basically gives me a perfect segue into a major revamp/cleanup of this place. Over the past couple of years I've noticed a lot of accumulated creaking and groaning on the dark corners of the entire site, and this is an opportunity for a fresh start again.

Also, it's perfect timing, since we're seeing a rash of inactivity anyway, this is the time to upgrade and break stuff without affecting anyone much. At best, the upgrade/cleanup process will be quick and you won't even know it happened. At worst, you'll still be able to use the board but some functions won't work. Even so, I think it'll be fine.

Expect it to happen sometime over the next two weeks. When it does, immediately the following stuff will be on the docket:
  1. Updated forum skins. RavenTwilight and Old School are going first of course, and honest-to-God, they will be followed by something new. At last.
  2. Use of ads. Don't worry, it won't be much or overly intrusive, but I'll put it there to help with the income stream a little.
  3. General cleanup/update of subsites. Some of the stuff hasn't been used nor visited in ages. There's nothing wrong with that, but I'll consider removing some of the stuff if there's really no use for it. For the others, I'll just keep updating the versions so it's still there if someone wants to use it.
  4. A working chat module. One that doesn't break after a week. Come back guys, and get off Skype!
  5. I'm thinking of bringing these things back in one shape or form. You know, for the lulz.

As always, your suggestions/comments for our virtual home/crack den are welcome. I know by now must of us are old enough now to not really care about any of this stuff anymore (LOL don't worry, I know it's true), but that won't stop me from doing it. Smile
(09-03-2014, 02:00 PM)Grim Wrote: snip

clonezero liked this post.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Ilang taon na kaya etong skin ng forums LOL
I've been using this Raven Twilight ver.3 since 2008 at the very least. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(09-03-2014, 08:53 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Ilang taon na kaya etong skin ng forums LOL

you mean there are other skins Blink?
(09-04-2014, 09:32 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 08:53 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Ilang taon na kaya etong skin ng forums LOL

haha Oo nga pala.
wouldn't really use the other two, they look older than RR.
(09-04-2014, 05:42 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 09:32 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote:

haha Oo nga pala.
wouldn't really use the other two, they look older than RR.

Oo wag haha. Failed experiment yung mga yun. Except yung Old School. Basically kinopya ko lang yung default look dati ni RR, nung cjb.net days pa (those were some days).
Congrats and good luck on the upgrades!

Hopefully nothing breaks, cause holy shit. Nothing ruins a day faster.
Wielder of Tolima, lover of 5th Gen.
Looking forward to this update!

Mix, if you want more direct and instant feedback, we're always up in the Skype group Wink That's where most of RR's hang out, at least for now.
(09-07-2014, 11:43 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Looking forward to this update!

Mix, if you want more direct and instant feedback, we're always up in the Skype group Wink That's where most of RR's hang out, at least for now.

(09-03-2014, 02:00 PM)Grim Wrote: 4. A working chat module. One that doesn't break after a week. Come back guys, and get off Skype!

Irony

(09-07-2014, 12:46 PM)clonezero Wrote:
(09-07-2014, 11:43 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Looking forward to this update!

(09-03-2014, 02:00 PM)Grim Wrote: 4. A working chat module. One that doesn't break after a week. Come back guys, and get off Skype!

Irony

Agreed.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Yey! Update!
Fuunyaah~
(09-08-2014, 03:50 PM)Hell Heart Wrote: Yey! Update!

Get hyped!

Long live RR. Smile
*pokes head out of box*
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [OLD] Board update. Grim 32 51,168 10-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Grim
  [OLD] Oekaki board up. Grim 9 12,649 11-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Grim