Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:19 PM
Armored Core On PC?
Should it? Or Should it not?
Im an avid PC gamer, and a fan of the armored core series So I thought I'd ask a question; So while unlikely that it would happen, Im curious know how would players of the series feel if Armored Core came to PC? If Im not mistaken, PC is relatively underused platform for gaming in the East compared to consoles, and From Software doesnt seem keen on making Armored Core hugely popular in the west, But with the success of another title of From's library on pc, that being Dark Souls. And Mecha genere games being more popular on PC in the west, Do you think it a wise move to release an Armored Core game on PC? Whats your opinions on it?
Armored Core: Verdict Day NA 360
Team: Unsung Revenant
Looking for Recruits
Having low sales on the western market and making it lower by releasing it on PC might not be the best idea atm. It doesnt have a huge fanbase outside of Japan compared to Dark Souls either. Heck, splitting western/english speaking community further would just make it worst IMO. There are less people to play with and making it even less sounds bad enough.
Fuunyaah~
The controls for AC, especially ACV era, requires or at least is better on controller. It requires 7 more buttons for the mouse to become viable in AC. Also, AC has varying turn speeds for different ACs, how fast you move the mouse will differ from how fast your AC turns.

Yeah, i tried it with a mouse and keyboard.. Didn't quite work out.

But that's just for the current gen ACs, if they simplify controls then yeah it would be fine on pc Smile
Though imagine if Moddydata was able to go though with the original intention of Limit Release being a PC game instead of a short OVA.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
I could imagine controlling an AC using dual flightsim sticks. That would be awesome.

PSN ID: Arrui_La_Ferte
(03-09-2014, 03:40 PM)arrui Wrote: I could imagine controlling an AC using dual flightsim sticks. That would be awesome.

This has already happened, it did not end well.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(03-09-2014, 10:46 PM)clonezero Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 03:40 PM)arrui Wrote: I could imagine controlling an AC using dual flightsim sticks. That would be awesome.

Can you link me where ever you heard about that?
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Well, It'd Be horrible to split up an already divided, and small fan-base. Thats not something Id like to see, With playstation and xbox already being enough of a gap with no cross-platform multiplayer, to add it to a third platform might stretch the amount of players thin...Hmmm I just figured perhaps finding a port on a platform were Mecha Genre is more common, might be an easy fix to maybe open the series to new fans who arent aware it exists. ... And Personally I think keyboard and mouse would be perfect for an Armored Core game, mapping movement to the keys, Shift to Boost, WS to move, and using A and D to turn, rather then the mouse, and use the mouse specifically for weapon controls, Like aiming and firing. Q and E to switch between primary, and back weapons, or to switch between active and bayed weapons ala ACV/VD,ect ect...As an example of course.
Looking for Recruits
i dont know about using mouse and keyboard. ACV requires 3 buttons for firing and scan mode that u should easily be able to press anytime. Boost and high boost, as well as the jump button. With most mouse only have two buttons, i think it's too much of a burden to put so much stuff on the keyboard which only the left hand has access to. I think the game is specifically tailored to be played with a controller. Compared to other mech games like hawken and mech warrior, AC doesn't have that simplicity that most gamers prefer, resulting in a really small fan base outside japan.

Unless of course, they simplify controls then we could remap them the way you suggested.. but that wouldn't be much of an AC game if it'd be that easy.

Other than practicality, let's just face it.... mech pilots in movies and animes often use joysticks or levers, but never a mouse Smile
(03-10-2014, 01:00 AM)Sirius140 Wrote:

I can't as it happened during one of our meets, and I don't remember anyone ever video tapping that particular bit of confusion.

@ the conversation: A mouse and keyboard can work, just needs some proper mapping IMO. It would definitely make tracking easy as shit, and it can even make ND type fcs units more viable in CQC. Balancing the game would definitely be a must if it ever got ported.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(03-10-2014, 09:48 PM)clonezero Wrote:

I can't as it happened during one of our meets, and I don't remember anyone ever video tapping that particular bit of confusion.

@ the conversation: A mouse and keyboard can work, just needs some proper mapping IMO. It would definitely make tracking easy as shit. It can even make ND type fcs units viable in CQC. Balancing the game would definitely be a must if it ever got ported.
*crosses off MS Flight Simulator and accessories*

(03-10-2014, 09:48 PM)clonezero Wrote:

@ the conversation: A mouse and keyboard can work, just needs some proper mapping IMO. It would definitely make tracking easy as shit. It can even make ND type fcs units viable in CQC. Balancing the game would definitely be a must if it ever got ported.
*crosses off MS Flight Simulator and accessories*
(03-10-2014, 11:53 AM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: i dont know about using mouse and keyboard. ACV requires 3 buttons for firing and scan mode that u should easily be able to press anytime. Boost and high boost, as well as the jump button. With most mouse only have two buttons, i think it's too much of a burden to put so much stuff on the keyboard which only the left hand has access to. I think the game is specifically tailored to be played with a controller. Compared to other mech games like hawken and mech warrior, AC doesn't have that simplicity that most gamers prefer, resulting in a really small fan base outside japan.

Unless of course, they simplify controls then we could remap them the way you suggested.. but that wouldn't be much of an AC game if it'd be that easy.

Other than practicality, let's just face it.... mech pilots in movies and animes often use joysticks or levers, but never a mouse Smile
Touche touche, the complex control is what makes it fun. Feeling like an complete badass when you destroyer your opponent wouldnt be as much fun if they simplified the controls, Maybe there should be a special controller like the one steel battalion used. Dual stick functionality, with plenty of buttons and levers for all your piloting needs.
Looking for Recruits
Would an aircraft switch array be overkill then?
Well, Im not gonna shoot down the idea, If that could be pulled off that would be amazing.
Looking for Recruits
But god damn that would be a fuck ton of switches and buttons for an AC compared to a fighter jet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the Final Verdict (tFV) - 2 Month Long Armored Core: Verdict Day marathon farmboy28 0 82 01-21-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: farmboy28
  Pilot's Internal Organization (PIO) - Armored Core Content Updates farmboy28 33 5,770 12-24-2023, 04:09 AM
  Armored Core 6 Updates and News farmboy28 6 689 10-12-2023, 08:29 PM
  Armored Core PvP retrospective Lord_Leperman 0 443 07-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  We compiled a list of reactions/opinions about Armored Core VI revealed today and als farmboy28 2 456 07-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer farmboy28 1 370 07-23-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PCSX2 Armored Core PNACH Files Grim 4 5,670 04-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: phi1anthropy
  The Armored Core Series: A Newcomer's Journey Grim 3 605 03-25-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Armored Core VI Debut Trailer farmboy28 16 2,353 12-20-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Grim
  『ARMORED CORE SUITE 02』 farmboy28 0 3,846 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM