Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:34 PM
Red Raccoon Art Studio
Finally my own indie group ^_^
i guess to start off most of you guys already know me so dont need to introduce myself that much XD to those new members that dont know me that well probably because i am not very active here since yeah busy with a lot of other things

[undefined=undefined]So Who is "Visionaries Studios"[/undefined]

So who we are? well basically were just a group of friends (just like a lot of game dev/animation or tuldok animations started only difference is they have tons of cash backing them up so they can hire the best of the best...unfortunately we dont) wanting to tell stories on our free time whether it be a comic, a game (for now though not yet i already do know a game programmer but again no rigger/animator yet) animated short...whatever means it may be...basically we just want to tell stories in a productive creative way and using our talents as means...so in short were not an outsourcing group XD if you want to pay our artist for their services best you contact the individual artists and writer of the group once a get the facebook page up and running

[undefined=undefined]So why i am doing this? [/undefined]

well sense of accomplishment when you actually get to tell your own stories rather than always having to work on someone else ideas
and "productive fun" when i have free time i guess ^^
and lastly by a small chance a bit of extra income/money since we do plan to sell this comics...but knowing how indies go...yeah...it will be hard
but there have been quite alot of successfull indies...
like one of my clients Soul Saga just a bit support Soul Saga will hit the Wii-U console as well

or other good examples, most of you probably know this one..."Hawken"
then theres my friend's game dev group they used to be indie...now theyre a official game dev studio and earning well hmm what else
the developers for "Bastion" its a pc/console game used to be indie but its very well made it wont cross your mind that it was made by a group of friends
just wanting to make games...ant now their game Bastion is successfull to the point there is a mobile version of the game already and they're now a official studio

[undefined=undefined]Project Genesis "indie comic" by Visionaries Studios[/undefined]

pretty much my old college thesis...never threw it away but my prof and dean told me to keep it around just in case i find the right people since the idea is already really good, everything pretty well thought out, basically a solid working skeleton/base to work with already just needed to find the right people to fill in the "content" and finely tune it a bit more...but the story so complex/vast like mass effect/final fantasy etc...it cant be done by one person...luckily i have found a few interested, really loved the idea and helping me out bringing this idea or story to life in a form of online comics (mahal printing eh...maybe later one but we do plan to sell this comics) Happy as mentioned as much as i want or love to make 3d games (so i can make use of my main profession which is 3d) i don't know a rigger and animator so probably ill practice my 3d skills by making a 3d version game ready of concepts from this comic when got no work to do and probably the 2d artists in the team can use as a guide/reference as well so win-win situation XD
so i guess when i find a decent local rigger and character animator maybe we'll try making some simple games for "productive fun"

for now still working on adding a bit of content in the facebook page

So here's the basic story or setting of this comic...
written by Carlo Yu
Concept by Roninfang

still in the roughs but hope you get the idea

"Humanity has finally reached its dream of traveling to the stars and colonizing other planets, however, since traveling between planets requires an insane amount of resources, interstellar travel is usually a one-way trip for humanity.

Also at this point of time, Humanity is not solely just the only living beings in the universe. At this point of time humanity would have at times non human visitors from far ends of the galaxy. However even with the advancement of technology of humanities capability of space travel, it is still very inefficient to travel between planets for human which explains why even if they are other non human aliens/races in this era. We rarely see other none human races/alien often due to the cost for humans to travel from planet to another…it is usually the aliens visiting humanity

Colonies are mostly independent, only being visited by Earth officials every few decades or so. Ships come by yearly, dropping off vital supplies and settlers to facilitate their efforts. However, one day, the ships stop coming.

No one really knows what happened to Earth at this point of the story earth has become almost inhabitable with only a few remaining small areas in earth that can sustain life so people eventually stop wondering about earth. Living on their own, the colonies eventually grow more and more distant, barely connected and unified only because they recognize the influence of the S.E.C., or the Scientific Exploration Council, the only Earth government body left and the only ones able to hop from planet to planet using their extraordinarily powerful warp-drive. “

so that's our setting for this Project Genesis "working title" Indie Comic

and heres a quick sneak peak on one of the major characters in the story

Turnaround for the character named "G-1"

art and concept by Roninfang

www.roninfang.deviantart.com

Project Genesis by Visionaries Studios

[Image: ForRecruitmentPage.jpg]

G-1

Personality: Defensive, Proud, Protective, A lots of times comes out as harsh (personality not yet final still needs tweaking)

Codenamed Genesis-1 or " G-1". He was a S.E.C. research facility attempt in reviving an ancient race of the Dathan Empire but an accident occurs during its rebirth mixing in human and eagle DNA which was not part of its original DNA strand.

As to why the research facility revived this ancient being, to learn more about this perfect empire, to learn more about the power source of this ancient empire. To answer questions that could not be answered in mere fossils, ancient text. To ask why did this ancient perfect empire fall? The past can hold so many mysteries

The last of his kind waking up in a new world...a lost soul in a different timeline
All G-1 remembers during when he was revived, he was royal guard in his past life. He remembers the shade attacks, how the infection escalated to the point fellow Thundren turning on each other, what the Dathan Empire was like, the location of the "Fortress", A large explosion during the fall of the empire. This is all he remembers...he doesn't even remember his name"

Recruitment........eeeer yeah now here comes the part where most will be interested but not willing let me make this short...the rest explained via email if interested to help out

also those comic book artist here or might know someone

hit me with an email
my email is aikenpe@gmail.com in case your Interested and WILLING (meaning please make sure you really have time and will do the work whatever will be assigned to you so please be proffessional even though this is indie Happy...dont make me wait for months...not knowing anymore if your dead or alive XD with 0 updates at anything...if you will be busy with other responsibilities...tell me and well try to work something out...be "professional")
(chances are i will be using my own money to pay for this or hati hati kami as a indie team to pay for your services...like i said its indie i am not a company or studio so please understand)

good example...have you guys seen culture crash? something like those

as for style i am fine with any style as long its decent or good ^^ i dont care whether western or anime as long as it captures the essence/feel of the story

i just have a feeling might have to commish/hire 1 more comic book artist later on, but not now

since this is local indie dont expect big bucks were doing this mostly for "productive fun" and hopefully a bit of money

more will be explained in email ^^ if anyone would be interested later on

just making a list of possible "reserve artist" i can contact later if really need the help badly or extra hand ^^
also posted this as something like "advertising my indie's first project"...well how can people support and be aware of something they dont know right? XD

so yeah if you know other people that are also into indie comics please pass this around ^^

also sorry for the grammar errors in this post XD not a proffessional write so yeah grammar errors Tongue well that's what my writer in my indie team is for LOL XD i just blurt out the ideas the best i can and he eeer "grammar corrects it"? i guess LOL XD
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Visionari...5059227985
Been a while since posted something here

anyways Happy

XD havent posted lately in art thread...been busy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Visionari...e=bookmark
a bit more progress on personal indie game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjRZkBFJ...e=youtu.be
1:55

the map with the floor checkered square is not really going to be one of the playable stages...just using it to test things...basically a "TEST AREA"

and testing normal attack and move controls...still some small bugs for programmer need to fix but almost there

programming is slightly on hold, programmer needs to finish some other stuff a bit...

stage one obviously not yet done...

anyways please follow us on Facebook XD we need all the support/like we can get...making an indie game is never easy

heres our facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Visionari...5059227985
Renamed studio to Ouranos since apparently there is already a Visionaries Comic Indie group in Patreon

anyways

Happy

https://www.patreon.com/Roninfang?ty=c

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ouranos/176055059227985

kindly like and pass around Happy
my indie's first simple game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....AfterLife

i know may bugs pa kunti, art needs work etc etc

but anyways if you dont mind kindly passing it around ^^

for now sa googleplay muna avaible

and mobile version/touchscreen muna eto
baka kasi mag taka ka bakit ayaw gumana sa pc XD
i dont mind if you want to review it...but its a very simple game so not sure how much content you will
be able to review XD

anyways things to keep in mind
1. well my indie team is really small for now so we cant make big games and such
2. this first game we made was just to figure out a workflow that will work for my team
now that we have an idea that workflow that works for us we will now start working on our bigger games
better art, better gameplay etc
3. we still do plan to update this build/game maybe 4-6 months from now with better graphics, less bugs, more content
and such

anyways my indie's fb page

https://www.facebook.com/Red-Raccoon-Art...059227985/

? we need as many followers/likes as we can get ^^"