Current time: 03-19-2024, 10:11 AM
The Vs. Thread
Just throw in what two people, factions, etc, you want to see go head to head and then we discuss the strengths and weaknesses of both parties. Really it's a who would beat who dumpster.

I'll start: UNSC vs Star Wars Republic.
Start the debates gents.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Which Republic?

But then again they are all Galactic Republics so the UNSC losses simply based on the numbers game.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(04-29-2013, 12:55 PM)clonezero Wrote: Which Republic?

But then again they are all Galactic Republics so the UNSC losses simply based on the numbers game.

don't forget the lightsaber wielding force users XD

here's my match-up

Jason Bourne vs James Bond
UNSC from Halo right? Not the current United Nations Security Council? Provide as much relevant info as you can before asking a debate.

(04-29-2013, 02:11 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 12:55 PM)clonezero Wrote: Which Republic?

don't forget the lightsaber wielding force users XD

here's my match-up

Jason Bourne vs James Bond

Bond wins if gadgets are involved, while Bourne wins in a straight out fight as long as he is not facing Sean Connery! LOL

(04-29-2013, 02:33 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: UNSC from Halo right? Not the current United Nations Security Council? Provide as much relevant info as you can before asking a debate.

Yes the UNSC from Halo, wonder if the Jedi would ever see sniper rounds coming at them since they're so used to seeing lasers everywhere?
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
They do not need to see something to block it.

So yes, yes they can.

We do not even need go to the poster boys of each series (Spartans vs Jedi). The UNSC is the military wing of the Earth goverment, while the Republic is the conglomeration of a galaxy's worth of planets. What that entails for technology and resources each side has available to them already tells you how its gonna end.

Ok you have some very good points Raffy. Up next on the table: Zoids vs. Mobile Suits.
On the principle of versatility zoids win.

Mobile Suits = bipedal/humanoid
Zoids = everything else

But then again MSs are normally space worthy so that's a point back at them.

For the most part Zoids are Super Robots while MSs are Real Robots save for those from G.

While both have access to a wide variety of weapons one can argue than because MSs having more access to beam cannons and the like that gives them an edge.

Another point is that the worth of an MS is based more the skill of its pilot, while Zoids by nature give equal importance to both the pilot and the mech.

Truth be told I don't know who to root for as I am a fan of both series and designs. Except for Blox, fuck that shit!

Pyscho Gundam against Deathsaurer. Hmm lasers everywhere along missiles hmm. I think Deathsaurer's charged particle gun might bust through the Psycho Gundam's shield (probably wouldn't if it had an I-field generator) and go clean through the MA itself and both pretty much have poor mobility since they're so huge so really it's matter of who shoots first. Either way I'm in the same boat as you Raffy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waifu Appreciation Thread zero_kanipan 7 10,267 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  The Jokes Thread Serene 82 108,115 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Last Post: clonezero
  The gentleman thread. Lord_Leperman 74 86,042 02-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Grim
  The Dare/ Ultimatum Thread Sirius140 17 23,850 08-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Sirius140
  debate thread clonezero 80 83,955 06-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Last Post: medusa0
  The Disappointed Raven Copypasta/Discussion Thread AppleHead 41 45,402 08-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Mjting
  The three letter game thread. Shintetsu 30 33,311 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Serene
  The WYR thread. Shintetsu 17 22,008 11-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu