Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:27 PM
Hyperkin Retron 5: Nine consoles in one!
If any of you are familiar with the resurrection of retro gaming due to the influence of different Famiclone consoles, you should be familiar with the company Hyperkin. They're the makers of the best emulation consoles on the market in terms of quality and compatibility, which include the Retron 3; the 3-in-1 console that plays NES/SNES/Genesis cartridges.

After years of developers fighting compatibility issues in the development of their system, Hyperkin could finally be the winner. Announced at the 2013 Midwest Gaming Classic trade show was the "Retron 5"! It's going to be the first clone console system with mappable controller buttons, a user interface with save state access, better audio/video quality, import gaming, and best of all, they're pushing for 100% compatibility for NES, Famicom, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance!

I had been desiring to purchase a Hyperkin console for awhile, and I believe this might be the one I'll get when it hits stores. Below is a article with a video preview with Q&A:

CLICK ME!
Time to break out them 999999-in-one famicom cartrages Tongue They still sell those here IIRC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  X-rays of game consoles and controllers Grim 0 3,509 05-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Grim