Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:26 AM
"X-Play" Raids Data Blitz
http://www.interaksyon.com/article/47337...itz-stores

X-Play, a joint-venture between GMA and E-games claiming to be the sole Philippine distributor for NBA 2k13 and Blizzard games, filed a complaint against Data Blitz for selling "illegally sourced" games, which has led to the latter's branches being raided.

Don't buy any games with an X-Play sticker. Fuck that shit.
lol we have something similar here, some of the el cheapo cumputer shops gets a visit from the police from time to time.
Well in this case, Data Blitz is actually one of the few mainstream sources of legitimate software. The issue here is that their supply for some games didn't come from the supposed sole distributor. And the bigger issue for the consumer is that X-Play sells the games for quite a bit more than Data Blitz did. This corporate stuff ought to be sorted out by the corporations. My real beef with it is the resulting higher prices.
Noted. I hope it's simply just EA and Blizzard, which are all shitty these days imo anyway. LOL
If EA and Blizzard knowingly outsourced to a distributor who they knew would institute higher prices and did it anyway, then I see no reason to support their products. D3 was shit anyway.

Edit: They might as well raid TPC or something. Wonder how that would turn out Tongue

Edit #2: 2k games and Blizzard rather
As evil as EA is, they're not the bad guys in this case, btw. EA's basketball series is NBA Live. The 2k series is by someone else.
DOWN WITH THE INJUSTICE!!!!

I don't even play sports games OR Blizzard games though lol. Anyway, I've never even heard of X-Play before that article popped up. I thought X-Play was that game review show that was on Jack TV before. Ah well.
(11-07-2012, 07:56 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Anyway, I've never even heard of X-Play before that article popped up. I thought X-Play was that game review show that was on Jack TV before. Ah well.

Me too, exactly. Never heard of them before, neither, and thought it was the show hosted by Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. Ha! LOL

Way to make an entrance though - let's see them gather a stable market base with this kind of news to their name. All it did was bolster support for Data Blitz even more.
Both parties have issued their official statements. You can google for them. Conflicting stories, of course.
Well how I see it most if not all fil gamers gonna side with Data Blitz on this.

I don't think any of us know "x-play" existed before this. Just hope this doesn't happen to others like Valve.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

That bit of news appeared yesterday on my Facebook feed thru a videogame blog I've been following and I've been keeping abreast of it since then. What I find funny is that it seems that the vast majority of Filipino gamers aren't even aware that that particular "rival" even existed. I also tried searching for X-Play's website and it seems to have been taken down. Ditto for their Facebook page.

I can't help but draw comparisons between this and that Ocean Marketting (sic) fiasco at the start of the year. Hahaha.
(11-08-2012, 01:19 PM)Skreija Wrote: I can't help but draw comparisons between this and that Ocean Marketting (sic) fiasco at the start of the year. Hahaha.

Yeah I remember that, the whole controller thing haha. Paul Christoforo basically shot himself in the foot with what he said.
X-Play is just doing what Apple is doing to samsung
Lots of key information in this thread:

http://www.philmug.ph/forum/f26/datablit...dex13.html

Apparently, an owner of X-Play is a (ex?) military dude who was part of the Oakwood Mutiny.

And philstar.com happens to be a "strategic partner" of the company, which kinda explains the inconsistent information in philstar's reports up to this point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Games you are planning to play. Goat 466 659,170 03-31-2018, 07:31 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Anyone play exteel?? Black_Flame 1 4,669 09-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Grim
  I wanna play front mission 2 wanzerfreak 13 16,365 11-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Last Post: wanzerfreak