Current time: 04-20-2024, 10:23 AM
Things to Know about JP PS3 ACV
AKA JP side is Magical
This topic is to provide useful information for anyone who plans on getting the JP version of ACV, as I know quite a few people are starting to contemplate it.

I will update this the more info I gather and more time I have.

Starters

-Before you can even play ACV, you need to download the catalogues in the JP PSN store. If you don't, it will not allow to play with other players. Get a JP PSN account (look up on YT if you don't know how) and download them. As of 8/22, there are 4 of them.

Quick Facts

- Lots of Battle Royal rooms tend to be blades only IF they have text. If you are unsure always bring a pair of blades in the first match just in case.

- If you see a team battle room with OP in the text message and only 8 people, it may mean that the room is non-operator.

- In team battle rooms where there are operators, the person with the position of Leader usually takes the spot of Operator.

- Diversity is alive here on JP side. The top rankers tend to use the same set up, but the size of the JP side playerbase means you will come across many different playstyles and designs.

-With the exception of boosting and glitch, there is no such thing as cheating on the JP side. No designs are cheap, as with tactics. They take pop shots all day and hide immediately? Tough luck. They sit on one side of the map with an AP lead and wait for you to come? Deal with it. They sit on the edge of the map when you use HEAT piles so that if you miss, you ring out? Too bad for you. They use a dual BR floaty quad and stay at the very top of the map where you can't get them? Better quit your whinin and start climbing. They hard counter you every match? Deal with it. This is JP. This is the Japanese version of Hunger Games.

-Japanese players in ranked love to hard counter. They will, if necessary, write down your build, and use a counterbuild everytime they play you. To a lesser extent, this holds true with Free Battles.

- In ranked, the JP players will finish battles ASAP as it gains them more points, hence the reason for hard countering.

- Free Battle duels, with the exception of blade rooms, are usually a one game type of deal. You play one (sometimes 2-3) games, say thanks and leave. Sometimes they will want to play you more if you use an interesting build and win. This may have been a result of the constant hard countering

- Most JP players have a basic understanding of English, and some can and will talk English. Don't be afraid to type up some American language if you need to, but keep it simple.

- They have not yet perfected the Advanced Canadian Technology built by Yondaime. If you want to surprise them, use a heavy sniper.

- Tanks on this side are strong, fearless, and aggressive. Don't be surprised if they kick your face in when you try to blade them and if you see them on top of buildings, run.

- Unlike on NA side, cheating of any sorts is punished by not only FROM, but the community. Buster, a player who had boosted his way all the way up to the top of the Free Leaderboards was removed a week or so back, along with a few other people on the leaderboards. Boosting in Conquest is going to result in you getting all the other teams on your ass. Last time a team tried to do that, all the other teams allied together and wiped that group off the map. Needless to say, if you want to keep your territory, play fair.

V.C. = Voice Chat
If you see this in the Message Box of the room it means they either are or are not using Voice Chat. I haven't figured out the kanji/hiragana so I can't say for sure which text says which.

JP CC Builds

Beowulf/Jotun/Animas/ULG-21 with dual Lotus, dual Cycad, or dual Mahaon
Sniper Cannon Tank
Floaty Quads with Dual BRs,
Dual Cannon Tanks
Dual HEAT Cannon Tanks
Dual Autocannon Tanks

Frequent Bladers

The following is a list of JP players who like to blade often/ often setup blade only rooms. Blading is pretty damn popular JP side, and unfortunately, unless you understand Japanese, you wouldn't know whether a room is blades only or not. While checking whether or not the room has a text message is an option, it may not always help, so I've started compiling a list of bladers so that if you see a room with their name, chances are you should bring a blade just in case.

Name Blade Preference Skill Level
Kenboo

NA People who have JP ACV

PSNID
FromCheng
iffsplay
CHAOSKNIGHT
SunNights1
Reapergotmoney
Kkronik78
Niji87
Dosent look like im going to get the JP version. still on debate but it sounds much more compeitive...i meen seriously, writing down parts to mak ean AC to kill only you? Waaayyy to competitive for my liking.
[Image: SaikaDarkmoon.png]
yeah, it is definitely competitive, but id rather have that though and also improve your skills later.
There's no need to write the parts down. You'll get used to it eventually. I mean, I've been there and was able to enjoy the game without too much hassle, despite it being the first ACV server I played.

Looking for an english speaking community in a JP server, now that's something I don't know yet. I've been pretty much inactive in ACV (JP and NA) for months.
(08-31-2012, 04:46 AM)farmboy28 Wrote: Blading is pretty damn popular JP side, and unfortunately, unless you understand Japanese, you wouldn't know whether a room is blades only or not. While checking whether or not the room has a text message is an option, it may not always help, so I've started compiling a list of bladers so that if you see a room with their name, chances are you should bring a blade just in case.

Maybe being able to recognize the japanese characters for blade/ blades/ blade only might help. ブレード???
It's pretty embarassing when you end up in a blade only match unprepared.
Also I like to state that in a Team setting, JP does not like OVERED in Free Battle.

And everyone says "I'm looking forward to working with you" in Japanese in any sort of Free Battle XD
YouTube Channel: ArmoredCoreNetwork

Twitter