boosters: Fleet
FCS: Ana
generator: Roz
radiator: SA44
extensions: R-30
right back: M24/2
right arm: RF-150
left arm: ARFL-150
optionals: screens, lock accelerator, lock enlarger, turn improver, cooling enhancer

Basically, spam the missiles and extensions at the start to soften them up. Drop everything once the extensions run out then backpedal a bit. When the opponent is in range of the guns, open up. OB strafe to flank them. Constant movement is the key to this AC.

Admittedly, I think it can use a bit more improvement. Any tips?
Hey an old school design! Clapping

This design is on the squishy side, so as you said, dodging is the key here, and something sturdier like the SNSK is probably going to slow it down. Does the burst rifle track properly in SL? The LR version certainly does not. Given how quickly everything melt to missiles back then, this rig looks good.

Anyway it felt like years since the last time I touched SL, so take everything I said with a grain of salt.
The rifle sometimes has a bit of trouble keeping up with some of the faster bots but I can work with it. The AC itself is a little low on the defensive side and the rifle combo isn't as godly as the usual RF160/SRFL70 tandem but it's served me well enough for a long time now.
So sorry for the late reply, I really wanted to talk about the design much earlier, but I sort of forgot how SL works and had to refresh myself with the game's online builders.

Overall, solid build as it is, though I'd upgrade to the SRA-02 if you're playing on normal mode (if on hard mode, WS-1 or WS-3). You might want to consider the UN8 for better mileage on boosters, they're totally worth the weight increase over the FLEET IMO. If you're worried about defense, the 008 is a straight upgrade of the RAY, and thus should buff up your defense as well.

On a side note, if you're looking for a large, single salvo missile system with relatively good tracking, I suggest you try the DM-24/1 + R36 relations. Single lock, 6 missiles, good homing capability. Might work well with this design.
Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated. I'll test them out once I have some free time on the PS2 in a couple of nights or so.