Current time: 05-04-2024, 05:04 PM
Redirect ACV Patch/Support discussion
Attention all Ravens!
For those interested in pressing Bamco for answers in regards to ACV's patching and support, I have a proposition. I suggest redirecting further discussion regarding ACV's support directly to Bandai/Namco's public forum.

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/communit...um.php?f=2

A few topics regarding concern over ACV's support have already sprung up in the forums "Game Chat" discussion, as they have failed to provide ACV with its own subsection. As of now 171 individuals have signed the ACV petition, if only we could get a good portion of concerned players to actively discuss ACV's lack of support directly on their very own public boards. It would be a little tougher for them to ignore if we can keep the pressure on. We would need as many active posters as possible, imagine the majority of their forums discussion being in regards to their failings in properly supporting and informing their customers with their product. This is a good opportunity to attract attention and awareness on the situation to a much bolder degree, easier and more visible than the occasional and often unanswered email to Bamco support.

This is not a difficult request. Even if you do not believe it to be a successful effort, how much would it hurt to join in on the effort and light up their boards with outward concern and visible disapproval over the handling of Armored Core V? I have already made an account and posted, and will post some more. Post your concerns, you can simply reiterate on things you've already said here, simply reply to others and attempt to maintain active discussion on the matters. I look forward to the prospect of seeing as many of you join in on the effort as possible. They have staff that operate on the forum, they will see it. The ball will be in their court if we make this move, it would be interesting to see how they handle the activity on their boards.
Hey, we appreciate the effort. Best we all can do is to continuously nag Bamco.
I'm finally seeing some activity over there LOL
Maybe they're just basing off shit on their FB page? The whole thing is just filled with screenshots since its pre-launch.

They want the whole AC community to migrate to their FB page! I sense a conspiracy from somebody else behind the scenes! Not a collaboration! FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
Thanks to those who have participated so far and to those who have expressed interest. We need to let them know just how dedicated we are to the franchise. It is important to keep gaining momentum on this, this is a chance to make a big impact on how they wish to further handle ACV.

We need many more people to participate on this, the activity so far is good, but it could be much better. I've notified about seven different sources/boards of our activities so far, and plan on spreading it more. I try to repost on all of the Bamco board AC topics daily. I feel that the more activity fellow ravens see over their, the more comfortable they will be to join in on the effort.

Also I've considered their facebook page, it may be a prime candidate if we fail to see results over at the Bamco boards.

Thanks again.
I wonder if I'm the only one who finds it funny that the whole game chat subforum seems filled with ACV complaints and disgruntled AC fans. LOL
It's both funny and sad. Sad
Having separate servers gives them the opportunity to not update this game to the Japanese standard.

Btw the Fb page was created/ run by EJ iirc.
^Yup, it is. And it's being managed by FromCheng. I think they course their stuff through Filthyrich.
Rich has control over the FB page too IIRC. Seemed like it because when I talked to him on the phone a while back, he said he would be posting pics on the page.

Just to let you guys know, everything that has been going on from February up till now has all been sent to Rich. I've emailed him once a week every week starting from February up till April updating him on the community thoughts and opinions before the game was launched, information regarding what was going on after it was released, and everything else. These aren't short emails either. A lot of them are like 1000+ words.

So everything that has been talked about, patches, problems, support, he should already know, assuming he looked through all my emails. At the very least he has the information available from my emails. Good news is that he told me that he is also in contact with From Software, so anything I give him, he should be showing to From as well. No clue when I'll get an update back on that though.

I said this before about a week or two before launch. Use social media and make them aware that we exist and we want to know what's going on. Make noise, and eventually they'll have to make a move.

The biggest problem so far I've had is getting him to respond. Being the NB Community Manager, he's very busy and I have difficulty getting a hold of him. Also don't get many answers for questions I asked. I emailed him again yesterday. Hoping I hear back from him soon.
Thanks for the clarification, Ed. Thanks even more for the effort.
Haha no problem

Armored Core is one of the few things I thoroughly enjoy, so I do my best for it Smile
Nomrah, this could explain the distinct lack of updates on ACV's status in the Bamco forums:

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/communit...f2c307cbad

Quote:I wish it worked that way. The main people in charge of the forum have left, and unfortunately the only person who kept the forum alive in his spare time was replaced, and his replacement have stopped coming to this forum. So us moderators are pretty much left to fend for ourselves now. We have some mods powers, but not admin powers so we can't create boards or new sub-forums. Hence why we joke around saying we've become the Janitors of the forum. All we pretty much do is just delete spam threads and make sure everyone behaves, which everyone does by themselves around here anyway.

Now I sincerely wish we could directly contact one of the company's execs - I have a feeling they're intentionally trying to avoid talking to their costumers.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
I honestly hate to think that since Namco Bandai already has our money, why would they care anymore. If they get a chance to shut down the servers, thats less expenses for them. I hope its just me..
Fuunyaah~
Well, that sucks. But let's not give up. On the other hand though, I'm concerned about whether or not contacting Bamco really helps the cause. Are we on the right track? Or is pressuring FromSoft to do something for the non-JP regions going to yield more results?