Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:06 PM
AC Pet Peeves
I've tried searching but had no luck. So I guess nobody has made any thread like this yet.

??? Wrote:Little things that annoy you in AC.

- putting defenses in ACV where they shouldn't be. Like acronym after acronym to indicate a word. Oh my god. ex. KEKE, TETE, etc. Not anyone is doing this yet, but it's going get mainstream!!! ARGH.

- so... many... yaranaikas... Blink

- local teen-whiny players

- operator accents. Use it in your job. Don't use it outside. It just sounds stupid.

More later. I have too many.

It can be related to IRL issues, devs themselves, or just within any of the games.

Last-gen AC:
- The fact that I'm liking ACNX as I play through it again.
- How I cannot clear the harder missions in ACNX disc 2; no money to buy parts, and disc 1 is in progress.
- Hard-falling caused by my own carelessness.
- Getting stunned.
(02-09-2012, 07:31 PM)Goat Wrote: I've tried searching but had no luck. So I guess nobody has made any thread like this yet.

??? Wrote:Little things that annoy you in AC.

- putting defenses in ACV where they shouldn't be. Like acronym after acronym to indicate a word. Oh my god. ex. KEKE, TETE, etc. Not anyone is doing this yet, but it's going get mainstream!!! ARGH.

- so... many... yaranaikas... Blink

- local teen-whiny players

- operator accents. Use it in your job. Don't use it outside. It just sounds stupid.

More later. I have too many.

It can be related to IRL issues, devs themselves, or just within any of the games.

Last-gen AC:
- The fact that I'm liking ACNX as I play through it again.
- How I cannot clear the harder missions in ACNX disc 2; no money to buy parts, and disc 1 is in progress.
- Hard-falling caused by my own carelessness.
- Getting stunned.

missiles r the way to go in NX, espcially mircos they overheat AI's so easily it's not funny, anyway the first part i got from disc 2 was the TP-boosters so i guess start w/ those?

My pet peeves hmm..Wanton Busker/Gambit...orbit cannons, nuff said
Raven name: Rexzo
AC name: Propagation, Melancholy, & Gotterdammerung (Soon: Omni Seraph)
AC type:MW Bipedal or MW Reverse Joint (either way)
Favored weapons: Rifles, Machine Guns, Hand Guns, Micro Missiles, and Laser Blades
Attack Style: Either Aggressive or Backpedaling

Being born with angel wings (Propagation)
Rose after fallen from paradise (Depression) (Melancholy)
Accepted my inner devil for if I fought; I would have ultimately lost (Gotterdammerung)

Having undergone these trials I've have become an Omnious Seraph

"I'm a Mercenary, I'm used to betrayal...
But power is all that matters now...
In the end, Human arrogance will eventually usher in our own downfall... -Genobee"\

Mindlessly killing is something everyone can do; however, only a few think and efficiently complete the task at hand
Hard landings and Genbusts. LOL
Games:
Lack of characterization for the villains; it really wasnt until nexus that we got a multi-dimensional villain.
karasawa mkII stunning power. It was stupidly long, and facing it in multiplayer with your friends....infuriating.
AC: Ninebreaker. WTF was the point?

As for the community itself:
Lack of respect for players of tank based core units.
A negative attitude of "well if I get stuck being operator in a match I'm gonna throw the game for my team"
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
1)Personally I never liked the Karasawa MKII
2)As for tanks based cores, Everyone has their own prefrece and that's what makes AC so awesome take out varity from AC and u basicly ruin the game
3)In ACV i would love to be an operator i think if being the operator like playing chess w/ a mixture of RTS and you're pieces move themselfs; leading a war, but w/o the destruction in r/l
Favored weapons: Rifles, Machine Guns, Hand Guns, Micro Missiles, and Laser Blades

Accepted my inner devil for if I fought; I would have ultimately lost (Gotterdammerung)

In the end, Human arrogance will eventually usher in our own downfall... -Genobee"\

Mindlessly killing is something everyone can do; however, only a few think and efficiently complete the task at hand
Quote:2)As for tanks based cores, Everyone has their own prefrece and that's what makes AC so awesome take out varity from AC and u basicly ruin the game

Exactly. Each player is entitled to their play style- and its this cookie cutter mentality of this build > that build gives rise to a "meta game" that is despicable and quite frankly ruins the game.

Quote:In ACV i would love to be an operator i think if being the operator like playing chess w/ a mixture of RTS and you're pieces move themselfs; leading a war.
Couldn't have said that any better.
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
If it wasn't for demon's/dark souls where would armored core be right now....

in space? ;(

Regarding the storyline, there's not enough media for the canon stuff. What gets fed to the fans are some mashed up crap published by dengeki(AC-retribution, Brave new world).
[Image: ACR-D.jpg]
Pet peeves, eh?

The near-worthlessness of hover legs (easily breaks, easily burns up?) from NX onwards would be one for me. As would the fact that, rather than make AI opponents better at fighting, they instead gave them a ton of unfair advantages to compensate (looking at you, Zinny). ._.

I'd list the kneeling cannon firing as my #1 pet peeve, but it's a bit of a moot point now that I've weaned myself off of them.
(02-10-2012, 08:25 PM)Evil Panda Wrote: Pet peeves, eh?

The near-worthlessness of hover legs (easily breaks, easily burns up?) from NX onwards would be one for me. As would the fact that, rather than make AI opponents better at fighting, they instead gave them a ton of unfair advantages to compensate (looking at you, Zinny). ._.

I'd list the kneeling cannon firing as my #1 pet peeve, but it's a bit of a moot point now that I've weaned myself off of them.

The hover legs are b/c since they're hover legs they are always considered aerial (when aerial you're legs are the first to go) so yea, honestly i think they shouldn't be damaged at all since once hovers' are broken you're pretty much...screwed.
As for AI having unfair advantages just look at it like this: when you can LEGITIMATELY beat them that shows you're the better pilot all the more.
Kneeling...well to be honest I wouldn't recommend kneeling at all; if you like cannons so much, use quad or tank legs

That last bit would've been better phrased as 'the removal of OP-I', actually..
then rick comes in with his ftw pact entry hover ac LOL
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

OP-I..Ii call it OverPowered-Insanity yes yes i know it's called OP-INTENSIFY but that's what i call it...y insanity? well because it's like a freakin drug IN A GAME...I Loved OP-I like i think a year ago...but not that long after I grew outta of it y?

1)It wasn't in last raven
2)Things were so easy the whole game became boring very quickly
3)boost...-a minute later- still boosting (even w/ FLEET/TP)
4)It no longer mattered what head part you had...you still had everything even w/o a radar
5)realized it made quads and tank obsolete
6)realized all my AC's had that same THING
7)realized there were some AI's that didn't have OP-I so therefore I'm starting w/ that crappy advantage and when I win I feel no satisfaction whatsoever
8)I heard it limits a pilot's potential

OP-I made me use the URANUS core in SL and win which was a total wreck when I tried the same thing in LR against actual people LOL

I hate +.

I hate OP-I.

I hate NEXTs.

I hate TP.

I hate Dengeki.

I hate that stupid fucking new trailer for ACV.

I hate Kota Hoshino.

I hate Megalopolis. It sounds like a homo cum fiesta with a massive dildo.

I hate most of ACV's soundtrack. I want Tsukasa Saitoh back.

I hate poster-boy ACs.

I hate From Software's efforts in trying too hard for open interpretation stories.

I love how the debate whether the bug survived or died in the Last Raven intro is more important than any significant event in the whole AC series.
(02-14-2012, 01:16 PM)Goat Wrote: I love how the debate whether the bug survived or died in the Last Raven intro is more important than any significant event in the whole AC series.

It died!!!! it fucking died!!!!