Current time: 04-17-2024, 02:49 AM
LRp: VASUKI boosters
The pros and cons
Ok remember when I ranted like hell about these boosters in my Genesis MKXIII thread?
Well they're not that bad. In fact they're pretty awesome. If you can get by the Booster Heat-5738
So these generate more heat than most OB's so yea... did I hear LOTUS anyone? LOL
But at the same time these boosters have even more energy consumption than the TP-Boosters
So once you hit the emergency cap for the LOTUS generator; good luck getting it back to Condenser cap (as Emergency cap recovers slower than condenser cap).
Another problem with this Boosters is it's quite the heavy booster and drainy:
However, it has the greatest boost acceleration and quite the power to go with it
So lets look at the stats of this booster (I will also put each tune stat as well)
Weight-421/415/408/401/396/391/385/382/379/375/373
Energy Drain-462
Boost Power-21220/21249/21279/21308/21330/21353/21375/21390/21404/21419/21427
Charge Drain-7008
Boost Acceleration-4892/4894/4896/4898/4900/4902/4904/4905/4905/4906/4907/4908
Booster Heat-5738/5665/5591/5517/5468/5407/5351/5315/5278/5841/5222
Now pros and cons
Cons:
1)Only Generators compatible with these boosters are: CR-G69, CR-678, G01-LOTUS, FUDOH (<-- wouldn't recommend FUDOH as that generator quite heavy)
2)Generates more heat than most OB's
3)Greater Energy Consumption than TP-Boosters
4)Horrible Weight and Energy drain
5)I recommend holding the boost button for roughly a half-second otherwise you're be losing more energy more than you can gain back
Pros:
1)If used efficiently these boosters will dodge most of you're opponents shots (I can kill most AI Ravens; losing slightly less than 1k AP)
2)Has more potential than gull on max speed w/ under-weighting AC due to it having more Power (and b/c of the Acceleration it's more and more chore to hit that target the more they're underweight)
If anyone has questions/thoughts or hypothetically you think these boosters would be banned in the PACTs plz reply. I wanna c how this discussion goes Gentleman

Also here are some pictures of it I took them from my phone and honestly Idk how to put them on w/o a link ><

http://65.55.39.71/att/GetAttachment.asp...oneredir=1
http://65.55.39.71/att/GetAttachment.asp...oneredir=1
Raven name: Rexzo
AC name: Propagation, Melancholy, & Gotterdammerung (Soon: Omni Seraph)
AC type:MW Bipedal or MW Reverse Joint (either way)
Favored weapons: Rifles, Machine Guns, Hand Guns, Micro Missiles, and Laser Blades
Attack Style: Either Aggressive or Backpedaling

Being born with angel wings (Propagation)
Rose after fallen from paradise (Depression) (Melancholy)
Accepted my inner devil for if I fought; I would have ultimately lost (Gotterdammerung)

Having undergone these trials I've have become an Omnious Seraph

"I'm a Mercenary, I'm used to betrayal...
But power is all that matters now...
In the end, Human arrogance will eventually usher in our own downfall... -Genobee"\

Mindlessly killing is something everyone can do; however, only a few think and efficiently complete the task at hand
CR-B83TP (for reference)

Weight ------------- 389
Energy Drain ------- 195
Boost Power -------- 22497
Charge Drain ------- 6532
Boost Accel -------- 4615
Booster Heat ------- 4611

Well it has higher acceleration than TP acceleration. But maybe it's so drainy and heavy and hot that it balances itself out. I don't really know (no PSP).

If it were PACT, we'd probably ban it for simplicity.
If we were having a PACT on the PSP, i'd be leading the charge to have this particular booster banned.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
@NiX what do you mean by simplicity as that word has many definitions (all of them are similar; however, i just want to be sure what u mean)
@Fox why would u have this booster banned do the pros outweight the cons that badly? You have LRP yes? Well if you have AC3SLP then just get the boosters made KISARAGI (it's found in the same map as you would find the TP-Booster/FLEET in AC3/AC3P) and try them out in LRP. It's quite hard to get used to. Anyway you don't have to I'm just want to know your reason and try it out if you wish to go to detail.
Favored weapons: Rifles, Machine Guns, Hand Guns, Micro Missiles, and Laser Blades

Accepted my inner devil for if I fought; I would have ultimately lost (Gotterdammerung)

In the end, Human arrogance will eventually usher in our own downfall... -Genobee"\

Mindlessly killing is something everyone can do; however, only a few think and efficiently complete the task at hand
I just meant that simply banning it for PACT would prevent a long and drawn out debate, which no one seems to be in the mood for nowadays. Everyone's still free to use it outside of an organized tournament.
oh lol ok well yea that makes sense (wow i sure picked a wrong time for this Facepalm )

I remember Vasuki. I would definitely ban it in a tournament. It's no different than TP in any practical use, which means it breaks the game and forces everything into an AP chipping fight. The heat/drain/weight just don't matter when you can strap on a booster that gives you the ability to dodge almost anything in the game. TP/Vasuki aren't about being able to boost around forever or anything like that. They're just twitch dodge boosters that force weapons to basically stop hitting.

If you don't mind the game having an even heavier bias towards AP chipping play than it already innately has, you can always leave Vasuki/TP legal.

TP Booster in Action
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
wow I'm speechless...Shock
I've never thought of it like that...thanks for that I evidently have some more thinking to do w/ my design
Wish i could play LPR like that though as Evanagel still hits me despite how long I've played it (over a year)

Is there to lock this thread? I think everyone has agreed that this part would be banned and to be honest I just wanted to know everyone's opinon; i got just that, so i've decided not to use these boosters at all tyvm ppl

Nah, just leave it as it is. We wouldn't want anybody to make another thread in case somebody might still have questions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  King of Boosters Zigg 22 19,522 01-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Goat