Current time: 05-13-2024, 03:40 AM
The REAL MG Response
Here's something posted by Havok of Raven's Haven about CAMS and some things about LR missiles. I hope it helps.

Havok Wrote:How 'bout something a little more scientific?

Because the MG response stat never fails to be wrong, i tested all the CAMS (then added the rest of the AMS systems just for the hell of it) about a month ago. I didn't think the info was deserving of it's own post, but it fits in pretty well here. About 600 missiles (mostly SATYROS/SPARTOI/NYMPHE/KINNARA) were used each time. I think that's enough to get a basic comparison. I didn't use any verts as i figured they were more resistant and might skew the results.

Shootdown/deflection percentages:

75U2 - 34%
C89E - 33%
90U3 - 35%
06U5 - 45%
03U4 - 35%
/UL - 23%
E2 - 28%
99UL - 34%
/UL2 - 22%
770U - 28%
83UA - 27%

81AM - 49%
0AM2 - 47%
Moray - 48%
Suigetsu - 61%
Ruri - 65%
Renga - 57%

Medusa - 52%
79DD - 50%
Medusa2 - 54%
94DD2 - 52%
Hijiri - 58%

I will note that the U2 can sometimes do really well. In fact, it had the best single percentage with 67% against SPARTOI. Unsurprisingly, the U5 is the most consistant. The UL2 is just plain awful. Though with a similar %, the /UL did at least have one good outing. The 89E is alot better than what the game would have you believe.

Most of the launchers, when used properly, have yielded at least a 10% hit rate for me on Kai. That seems pretty good considering most arms weapons don't even seem to hit better than 15% of the time.

MV2 definately hit more often than the other two. I don't know if they're worth it though. The dual verts suck, the M2 are too hard to use, so are the 4 lock middles. The clusters don't drop enough bomblets to be useful anymore and the ECHIDNAs are too slow. The rest i think i can work with.

BTW, the best missiles are probably in the 77MS/V missile arms. But i have alot of trouble making an AC that can use them properly.
U5 does seem to have its uses for its incredible MG response. Medusa2 appears to have a better AMS than Medusa, but two percent isn't that big.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division