Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:20 PM
Game Recommendations
When I ask for something, you pick for me!
So if you're like, a lazy-ass person or just a pissed off vagrant who doesn't do his/her homework and asks to be spoonfed instead (or in this case, lacks time to do research), this is the thread for you. Of course, do help out other people if you have enough time!

Here's mine:

Ever since I had a taste of Demon's Souls gameplay a few months ago, I've been looking for RPG/Action-RPG/Tactical-RPG games set in the medieval ages. Care to say a few? So far, I only know of Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Neverwinter Nights, Dark Souls, Ogre Battle Tactics, Brigandine and Fire Emblem.

Preferably around SNES-PS2 era. :p

Edit: Almost forgot the earlier FF series, but I'm looking for something else anyway.
You might be interested in the upcoming Dragon's Dogma. Thanks Trace for pimping it to me.

Also, Cursed Crusade, though it might be more of like a God of War thing:

Vagrant Story for PSX

anyone have any suggestions for FPS games on the PC? anything before or around Half-life 2 (with requirements matching that or less). preferably simple point A to B shooting stuff. plus if you have a copy i can borrow (this is the thread for lazy ass people right? XD)

thanks o/
No One Lives Forever and NOLF2 perhaps? Blend of action and comedy and other things. Was released in the early half of the year 2000 era I believe so it can prolly run on the same requirements as half-life 2.

Serious Sam I and II if you want some random lulz. From random headless toy boxers armed with a self-destructive bomb to flying dragons will be pitted against you, or maybe System Shock 2, which is a survival-horror scifi game released around the late 1990s.

Or if you want something set in the middle ages, Thief: The Dark Project will do. It focuses more on stealth and bypassing footsoldiers though.

actually ive played all of those before ^^U but i dont mind trying to give em a spin again. if you have other recommendations keep em coming.

other medieval RPGs i can recommend (no youtube link. makes my laptop here at home randomly crash)

PC:
Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 (not by bioware, but plays similarly)
Icewind Dale (same dev as dragon age)
Heroes of Might and Magic (also by bioware i think)
Baldur's Gate Series (there are PS2 ports of some i think)
Arx Fatalis (this is an FPS tho)
Fable series (might not be as serious feeling as the rest, but i liked this one a lot)
Betrayal at/Return to Krondor (pretty old. didnt play it much. the copy i had back then kept crashing XD)

Will add them at my notepad along with Rick's, thanks!
How did you make System Shock 2 run? I had errors mid-game when I tried to play it Sad
@ Shin:

Which OS are you using btw? Not to mention in some cases, your video card's driver will have to be downgraded in order for it to work.

If you're using XP, these might tell you why (I've read that it works on win7 though):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/185706-sy...2/47577311
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/185706-sy...2/40929546

I played it on a much older PC (2 PCs before this unit I'm currently using, and this unit's predecessor is like, at least 4 years old lol), so I never had any problems.
@Shin:
cant remember, but if i remember right i ran it on some emulator, dosbox or some such. i had to restart my pc every time i want to play it.
Vagrant Story can fuck off and die.

Check out Lufia1/2, Suikoden 1/2/3/5, and Seiken Densetsu 2/3. Suikoden's a bit more on the chinese side of things tho.
Fuck protoss.
Alright. Will put them on the list as well. Salute

Never really liked Vagrant Story though tbh, just about 10 mins from starting the game already felt too repetitive to me, or maybe I just never really appreciated it, but whatever.
I hated Vagrant Story. Turned it off after 15 minutes.
i loved VG, a lovely grinding game :3
To truly hate Vagrant Story is to play through the entire game.
Fuck protoss.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PC Game stuttering R.Leonhardt 1 3,976 07-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Game Grumps Shintetsu 4 6,737 01-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Sirius140
  Ipad Game Suggestions? RoninFang 0 3,121 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Indie Game Clients Worked On RoninFang 0 3,817 09-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Game Intros Lord_Leperman 11 12,949 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM