Current time: 04-20-2024, 06:25 PM
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
read some of the books...some of them give bonuses XD

"There's a lot to see in Skyrim. For example, did you know tree stumps have ants crawling on them?

Or that one of the dungeon created by a blind race has items arranged by texture?" XD yup they put so much effort for this game...the detailing work is just beautiful

checked the armor sets and rare armor sets...am sad no armor sets for a spell sword build XD so i guess i am stuck mixing and matching up armor stuff for the final levels Tongue

"At first as a Spellsword I used a 1h weapon on my right and a Novice Destruction spell on my left. I got annoyed at first because most things caught up to me as back pedaled, but I had fun at this stage"

XD try using frostbite when you back pedal..not as damaging as flames but it slows them down then when their weak enough hit them with your melee weapon
headed out to winterhold to check the mage college thing in the area...ran into a ice dragon...XD killed it weee didn't drop anything nice though except for a dragon soul and parts...but no nice equips T_T

using rune (imagine magic based traps its under the destruction magic) magic looks fun XD find out the hard way i stepped on one and killed me in an instant >_<
(11-23-2011, 08:48 PM)Sforza Wrote: I've concentrated on exploring and doing side quests so my level isn't as high as if I grinded from the start. It's a sandbox sort of game, so it really depends on the style of the player.

There's a lot to see in Skyrim. For example, did you know tree stumps have ants crawling on them?

Or that one of the dungeon created by a blind race has items arranged by texture?

Take time to read the books too, they give lots of interesting historical information on Tamriel Smile

I don't grind. I only do that in MMOs >_>

I guess the main reason my level is going up pretty fast is because I have to "force level" my skills so I'll have enough points for the perks. And that I like sneaking and light armor but never bothered to actually get any perks for them XD
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
(11-24-2011, 05:00 AM)HayWire Wrote: I guess the main reason my level is going up pretty fast is because I have to "force level" my skills so I'll have enough points for the perks. And that I like sneaking and light armor but never bothered to actually get any perks for them XD

How exactly do you force level your skills? Ohmy I guess it'd be pretty straightforward if you were playing a mage but it might be difficult with other classes since you'd have to initiate battles and they either last too long or too short. My character kinda dies quickly but deals a lot of damage so it's hard.

For example, to level archery, one solution I came up with was to use a potion of lingering damage stamina and a bow with damage stamina. Find a mammoth or a giant and use them as pincushions.
Edit: ARGH STUPID 1000 GOLD FOREVER HYPER AGRO HORSE!!

It charged into a fort full of Silver Hand people, and it was a quest where I was supposed to "steal" something too -_- Horse died, everybody in the entire fucking fort got alerted to an intruder. WTF
(11-23-2011, 08:48 PM)Sforza Wrote: There's a lot to see in Skyrim. For example, did you know tree stumps have ants crawling on them?

Or that one of the dungeon created by a blind race has items arranged by texture?

Or that the entire Tamriel landmass is actually built-in in Skyrim?
(11-24-2011, 04:18 PM)Grim Wrote: Or that the entire Tamriel landmass is actually built-in in Skyrim?

Found out about this yesterday, I wonder what they did all that for Ohmy
...i know dragons are suppose to pop up on random...but i don't know if the dragons hates me or so

went to winterhold to check out town ran into a dragon and killed it...

went to college of mages thing in winterhold when i excited the college...a dragon landed in front of me...in the middle of the courtyard...killed it with the help of the resident mages of the college

went to a bandit site for a side quest ran into a dragon again this time i got killed dragon ate me XD

dragon 1 me 2 Tongue

....like the stats of my current equipment but i look ugly >_< gotta find better looking armor later with pretty good stats...Sad
hmmm has anyone gotten any of the race specific armor sets?
getting the nightagale set XD its meant for sneak builds but wanna get it because it looks nice Happy...ebony set also looks nice plus the weapon...wee katanas XD

when i checked faqs and wikis...the developers mentioned each race gets a racial armor set thingy...just wondering if any of you gotten them yet or if they are worth getting?
yey found a technically a armor combination that can work for my build but later on pa Tongue

Parts of the Nightagale Set from the second to the last mission in thieves guild with maybe heavy armor pieces for the arms and legs hmmm (prefer combination of light and heavy that way will level both light and heavy armor stat along the way)...
@Sforza

My Argonian specializes in one-handed, blocking, archery, smithing and restoration. But since I mostly wear light armor and I sneak a lot - I tend to level up sooner than expected.

And because I level up sooner than expected - my specialized skills do not have enough points to get the next perk. So I have to "force level" them by purposely doing the same action over and over. (i.e. blocking and healing but not attacking. Or attacking with only the sword/bow. Or spending tons of materials making easy-to-craft equipment)
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
hehehe the perk savage strike (chance of beheading enemy as long as you are using 1 handed weapon) is useful XD i highly for anyone planning to put points into one hand especially if your planning to dual wield since it doubles the chance of happening XD

it activates rarely of course to make it fair...one of them on a boss type enemy instant kill XD
another time on a normal enemy but i was using Dwarven One Handed mace when the animation activated so it look kinda funny instead of being serious...like in Loony Toons when you hit a cartoon character with a something blunt,hard and heavy like a baseball bat and send the guy's head flying off its shoulders...and for the heck of it i looked around where the head landed when i literally knocked it off his shoulders...cant find it >_<

another very useful perk to get from the restoration tree

the respite (any restoration spell heals both health and stamina) perk from the restoration tree plus its easy to get Happy you just need 2 points in the restoration tree and forgot 30 or 40 restoration i think
useful for any build think of it this way, if your melee (plus if your a pure melee you wont be using your magicka so much so might as well use it for something useful) you need the stamina to close in anyways, if your a mage or archer you need the stamina to play keep away

your out of stamina...simple ill just heal XD

initial calculations were right for my build XD i don't run out of stamina that often wakekekeke

hehehe i like my dual wield damage build up XD not yet fully upgraded don't have all the perks yet and the dragon shout
Twin Skies: what the hell the did you do to your character?!? "was hitting a dragon at that time"
Twin SKies: Blink killed those lower leveled to somewhat mid leveled zombie things...draughts or something in one combo wakekeke

out of stamina XD no problem use fast healing more or less half stamina recovered charge in again rinse and repeat and my magicka is regenerating fast enough to do it over and over more or less...if their strong against physical attacks switch to dual wield destruction spells (think Toothless firing of what looked like plasma shots went they fought the giant dragon thing from how to train a dragon but without the hiding part...since not planning to get the sneak perks for my build XD)

XD i really love the new leveling system/skill perk tree for elder scrolls: skyrim at least you can specialize in whatever play style your used to Happy
(11-24-2011, 04:32 PM)Sforza Wrote:
(11-24-2011, 04:18 PM)Grim Wrote: Or that the entire Tamriel landmass is actually built-in in Skyrim?

I agree with the prevailing idea that it's going to be used as a basis for DLC. Also, I've been thinking a lot about getting this game... but then I won't have time for Dark Souls anymore. Ohmy
Anyone here playing the PS3 version? Has the slowdown been fixed? I only got to try out the PC version.
(11-26-2011, 11:37 PM)Portmanteau Wrote: Anyone here playing the PS3 version? Has the slowdown been fixed? I only got to try out the PC version.

There's a patch that's been promised quite soon or "in a few weeks".

http://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-patch-i...-play-ps3/
for those planning to get the Nightingale..get it at at level 40+ to get the top tier Nightingale armor set

some equips scale depending on when you get them

just tested dual cast destruction + impact hehehehe very nice almost every destruction spell staggers opponents when i dual cast them giving me time to close in, heal up a bit or play keep away if needed to XD
hmmm i wonder if impact works on enemies holding up a shield

...mods mods mods

XD actually i just want a horse armor mod (if going to buy or get a horse might as well make it look nice and something like a turn off helmet skin mod (in case i don't like how the helmet looks like and prefer to see my Khajiits face than the helmet...some of the headgear i like the stats but i don't like how they look like Tongue)
wakekeke Impact Perk in the Destruction Tree works on dragons as well XD...
ran into a dragon...
me: I wonder if impact works on bigger targets like dragons "dual cast firebolt...staggers/stuns the dragon for roughly 5-8 seconds"...apparently does..."switch to dual wield and close in...hehehehe"
Was just watching Haywire play Skyrim yesterday XD watching her play her file made me come up with this rough short story idea LOL XD Haywire is using an Argonian, Cicero is the companion haywire uses, plus she has that assassin ghost thing from the brother hood chain of quest thingy, just bought a mansion in the game and plans to marry a character for the advantage of having the store thing anyways

It was the midnight both Cicero and Dion having a drink while sitting on the Mansion stairs (forgot what you call that flight of stairs usually in front of big mansion’s entrances)
And the ghost assassin guy thingy that you get from the dark brotherbood…maybe he is at the background looking at a dog rambling random stuff
Dion: You know what Cicero I am feel lonely I need a beautiful wife, someone that I can come home too and take care of me after my adventures

Next day, as Dion finishes up for his next adventure he wonder where his fateful companion. He checks the upper floors but he is not found, he walks down and stop halfway holding on the stair railings as he checks if his companion is on the first floor
Dion: Cicero? Cicero?

Someone knocks on the door
Dion scratching his head
Dion: Who could that be?
As Dion opens the door

Cicero: I found you a wife master, she can provide for you master, she will wait for you to come home from your adventures master!

Dion with a blank face just stares at Cicero while his arm keeps the door half opened
Dion: Cicero…That’s a chicken…put it back where you found it
As Dion closes the door to head to the alchemy lab to prepare potions for his next adventure
Camera pans out to the outside front view of the mansion and you see a cow beside Cicero
Cicero: Maybe two wives is too much for master…I KNOW!

Next Door:
Someone knocks on the door again
Dion: don’t tell me…

Dion opens the door
Dion looks up and sees a gigantic green figure, carrying a sack of fresh meat from a early hunt, scratching its behind with the other hand and a gaint club on one hand
Cicero: Cicero found better wife for listener…someone that will take good care of master hehehe…does Cicero please master?

As Dion closes the door
Camera pans out to the outside front view of the mansion and you see a cow beside
Out of anger the Orc suddenly starts breaking/smashing random stuff
You hear background noise of stuff breaking and people screaming

Next Day
As the day begins with sudden screams…Dion is awakened with all the rampant noise from outside
Not knowing what danger that might have come to the town, Dion quickly prepares for battle, Frantically grabbing his sword and shield beside his bed.
Rushing going down the stairs.

Dion: Where is Cicero when I need him!

Opens the Doors first thing he sees
Cicero: MASTER I FOUND THE PERFECT WIFE FOR YOU! IT EVEN LOOKS LIKE YOU MASTER YOU TWO WILL MAKE THE PERFECT COUPLE! DID CICERO MAKE MASTER PROUD?
Dion: What did you bring…
You see a guard in the background running away from what looks like a fire breath attack
Dion looks to his right and sees a dragon (for added humor sake maybe use a dragon from Dragon Age XD LOL)
Dion:…time…you know what I give up…I don’t want a wife…YOU KEEP IT!

And maybe last image or scene layout top view, Cicero riding the dragon, Dion outside his mansion with a facepalm...with a bills he has to pay for the town's damages, the ghost assassin thing you get from the dark brotherhood still talking to the same dog…guards shooting arrows at the Dragon and maybe wanted posters of Cicero on a light post for stealing the chicken and cow…

And that’s how the Adventures of Cicero began…LOL XD

Wow o_o

(12-02-2011, 10:10 PM)JiN Wrote:
(11-24-2011, 04:32 PM)Sforza Wrote:

it is always required for an open environment game like skyrim to design an excess landscape to fill in a good field of view for the entire gameplay.

unused areas are better than seeing black empty areas of the maps 3D plane.

hmm true true besides either way they already built/modeled the map for the previous game they can just recycle them the old models

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modding Skyrim XD RoninFang 4 5,937 05-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  The Elder Scrolls Online HayWire 1 4,101 05-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Hell Heart