Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:19 PM
LR: Game Frustrations
Kai follows moc rules.

And backpedalling necessarily isn't the only way to win competitive LR, there's still a good bit of pressure archetypes and weapons that perfectly compliment it. Their success heavily depends on the build quality of the backpedaller's design though. If it's built properly, with a rather large box and easily spammable weapons while being fast to boost (I'm talking 500kph plus) It would be hard to break. If it shows one hint at being slow and with a small lockbox, you can bet it could be broken easily by a rusher in LR. It is also why HP is such a dominant weapon in Last Raven, because close range ability and lockbox sizes are so important.

We're quite aware of that. Smile If everyone just played to win at all costs, then all matches would look just like this: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7518899 But even then, I still think that even non-staller non-bipeds can be viable in such an environment at just slightly more risk.
(06-06-2011, 10:33 PM)Deemer Wrote: I mean, in all honesty, every AC game despite how many problems it may have, can be an absolute blast when you play with the right group. I always found that friendly matches in LR after the actual tourney were much more fun then the tourney itself. once players started breaking out all their more interesting designs that would be at huge disadvantages against the standard LR abuse design.

Welcome to RR. Unfortunately, Kai sucks with our local connections.
Hahaha what happened to that vid between you and LCC? LOL They've recently got KAI working again. Maybe it'll be worth another try.
(06-06-2011, 11:16 PM)NiX Wrote: We're quite aware of that. Smile If everyone just played to win at all costs, then all matches would look just like this: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7518899 But even then, I still think that even non-staller non-bipeds can be viable in such an environment at just slightly more risk.

To be honest they didn't seem too good.
Well it's worlds better than anything I can pull on a PSP. Sad
Yeah me too probably. Sad

The point is though that it's PSP.
i know this thread is dead but i have noticed that when im using a medium to light weight AC my weapons are easier to purge light weight being the easiest and when i use a heavy AC it takes two to five try to purge like for example i use a light weight quad leg and while im on the move i can pure my weapon now when i use a bipedal medium weight i have to stop for a half a second to purge my weapon now if im using a heavy i takes a long time for me to get it right but maybe its my purging skills or the cores have a hidden stat showing how responesive purging is?
what do i fight for? i have nothing to fight for but i fight i LIVE because it is my only defiance to what ever gods may be for making my life a living hell
Which control scheme are you using? Classic or dual analog? Whichever it is, it shouldn't really affect weapon purging. Just keep practicing. Smile
You're probably using weapons with high reload time. You have to wait for the reload before you can drop, even if it has no ammo.
Fuck protoss.
I'm playing Armored Core 3, Silent Line, and Last Raven on the psp go. Weapon purging isnt easy for us but i had to change the button setup and now i can drop at anytime and lcc beat me too the comment, most weapons you can drop on a dime like pixie 3 and blades. You gotta test your setup before you start arena matches so you wont get stuck trying to drop weapons. Salute
Your death sentence is to die by the hands of my anger. My anger is relentless, you can run but its worthless and the furious angels will bring you back to me with your head on a pike for the world to see as I rip you to shredds with my wings of destruction....
thank you for the advise guys and i was thinking something else that always frustrated me since the first AC i can never make a good emblem in AC4 yea i can but but in all other ac games you cant really ever make an emblem......... i dont care if your the most boss person with the analog stick it aint gonna come out in good quality like the AIs emblem
what do i fight for? i have nothing to fight for but i fight i LIVE because it is my only defiance to what ever gods may be for making my life a living hell
go look at my lr barrett design i make my own emblems..takes around 4 hrs for one but it can be done..i major in art and design but doing it on games still isnt easy.
Your death sentence is to die by the hands of my anger. My anger is relentless, you can run but its worthless and the furious angels will bring you back to me with your head on a pike for the world to see as I rip you to shredds with my wings of destruction....
(08-16-2011, 10:30 PM)spartansgestugatenso Wrote: thank you for the advise guys and i was thinking something else that always frustrated me since the first AC i can never make a good emblem in AC4 yea i can but but in all other ac games you cant really ever make an emblem......... i dont care if your the most boss person with the analog stick it aint gonna come out in good quality like the AIs emblem

For emblems, the dimension is 128x128. If I have my own PS2, I'd be making my own emblems.
IMHO, making an emblem isn't difficult, moreso if you have a reference pic. Making emblems isn't exactly difficult, just very time consuming.

RR, remember the dude with Ozzie Osborne for an emblem in PACT2?
Who was it again?
'Signatures are overrated.'
That was Warren.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LR: Game Balance NiX 56 65,362 05-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Formula Front PSP Frustrations Sforza 9 10,457 06-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Black Dragon