Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:19 PM
Human+/ OP-I / Dominants
a discussion on HOW is came to be
Tongue 
Recently I have recovered some stuff I had written in my desire to make a fanfic for AC I came to the questions about the AC universe one of which is the story behind the in/famous Human Plus/ OP-I mods. We already are well aware of what they do but not so much the HOW this is why I made this thread. And the end purpose would be simply to gain a better understanding as to the workings of these mods and as an attempt to fill in one of the many holes of th Armored Core story. Before we get to the jist of I must remind you as this is mainly based on what I have found around the web (this site and gamefaqs mainly Rofl ), and my own speculations. Feel free to discuss, refute or add to what I have placed.

known names: Human+ - first encountered on AC1
OP-I - AC3
Dominants - AC:LR

-=Per name Explanation=-

Human +: The artificial enhancement of a Raven. The 2 examples I know of how this can be achieved are:1. In AC1 if you incur a large enough debt a small cinematic would show you in a hospital of sorts (not sure on this part XP) but basically it seems you undergo an operation to gain human plus capabilities or 2. as seen in the manga it seems people with human plus can be bred just they basically are like artificial newtypes/ coordinators is your not have any problems using the comparison. While it seems most human plus abilities are pilot based some by logic alone seems to be modifications to the AC itself either by using illegal mods or tunes or by possibly removing limiters built in to the AC. In this way you can say that part of being a Human plus is by going against the rules of being a Raven.

OP I: Human plus in a can XP, an optional part the mimics human plus capabilities. But in truth the OPI seems to be a series of of parts as it always fills up your optional slots.

Dominants: This is what I believe is the "newtype" to the Human Plus' "artificial newtype" status. Being a dominant may come as something you are born with or something you strive to be through training and experience.

-=Per ability explanation=-

PLOW, gen+, boost+, cooling+: all can be explained by the Raven in question modifying the parts to perform better, it is also possible they are removing set safety limiters inherent to the parts akin to over clocking but as by doing this it can also mean the parts would break down more easily, this though can be subverted in game by saying that the parts get replaced frequently albeit at no cost. On the other hand this may be food for thought for people making AC fanfics.

the back weapon restriction removal, turning +, ams+, blade+, and blade wave: While what was said above may still apply these abilities can also be attributed to the Raven themselves and their above average piloting capabilities.

The radar+ ability gets special attention as this, asides from the above 2 explanations being applicable to it, can also be explained as a Raven having extraordinary perception (again ala newtypes XP).

I guess this is it for now soo what do guys think? Happy
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Wow, Raff. That's one of the longest posts I've seen on RR in the longest time. Just posting to let you know that I'll read it when I get home. LOL
Weren't H+ recipients hard-wired into their ACs as a a result of their abilities?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I don't think so for one Zinaida exhibits human plus capabilities but clearly wasn't hard wired to her AC another one to consider is the girl for the manga the one that was using a ladon 2 will boosting. And the thing is even if its true that they were hard wired to their ACs that does not explain certain characteristics of a human plus AC.

Zinaida does not have H+ since her machine has OP-I. Human Plus, IIRC, was around only during the first several games on the PS1 and PS2 but was then replaced by OP-I on AC3 and onwards.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
if you look at it she has the capabilities of a human plus individual AND enhancements from normal optional parts something exhibited by most AI units strictly speaking (and simply denying that these were obvious cheats the designers gave their pet AIs for the sake of a clearer story) they are human plus.

but wait we can end this and just say that she was not a human plus but a dominant. Well if you accept my explanation for it XP.

You, old boy, are simply impossible.
Correct me if I am mistaken since I was not around during AC1-AC2:AA, but I thought the OP-I part does not grant the user the ability to ignore the leg weight limits, yet H+ does. If that's true, that would put the AI ACs from NX onward into the H+ category. Poke
Does teh dominants even have to be involved. There's only like evengel and jack-o that mentions it. Kinda like a title the give themselves.
H+ = as a result of insane surgery done to ravens to synch themselves to their AC's (but the ability to use back cannon w/o kneeling, doubling generator's cap and blade wave is another story)

OP-I = its just a option part, pushing AC to the limit.

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
actually syncing themselves to their ACs explain back mount restriction cancellation and blade waves etc its the enhancements of other aspects of the AC that are not easily explained by this hence my inquiry

@JE: yeah your right dominants are just titles but I still think the concept I talked about is possible but unfortunately I have no proof.

*toink* sorry i forgot Facepalm thanks clonezero for reminding me about it.

back mount gun/cannon restriction cancellation was the real deal of Human Plus Woot

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
Not sure how relevant this is, but it's worth noting the Internecine from Armored Core: Last Raven seems to be a machine with the specific purpose of creating and utilizing Dominant pilots. The whole survival-of-the-fittest thing with the Unmanned Suicide Weapons and such, I mean. Furthermore, it's implied Dominants are supposed to bond with the Internecine and become a Pulverizer, as the Evangel ending showed. Why you never did it, on the other hand, is beyond me. So is the question of what a Dominant is supposed to do when bonded to a Pulverizer.

I don't know much about Human PLUS, but I know that OP-INTENSIFY is an optional part DOVE developed to place in its AC units. Kisaragi managed to analyze their wrecks and reverse-engineer the part. It presumably involves the fact that artificial intelligence systems come pre-equipped with Human PLUS abilities, and thus OP-INTENSIFY technically contains pieces of artificial intelligence within itself. (I believe AC3 is actually related to the AC2 timeline, it just happened after a second Great Destruction)

I've also had theories that Human PLUS could allow for greater AMS compatibility in NEXTs (And that AMS compatibility is related to having former Human PLUS users in your bloodline), but having not played the fourth series, I do not have anything to confirm this.

Oh, and the AI Rankers in Armored Core: Last Raven. Despite being AIs, some of them (I think) lack Human PLUS. Could there possibly be a way to reverse Human PLUS abilities? Hmm...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  obtaining human plus codes for action reply max ps2 pal (for nexus and LR) zinaida1988 0 3,619 12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Last Post: zinaida1988