Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:04 PM
Heavy Tanks : A feel of AC5?
Sheer Firepower, anyone?
Pag tank vs biped kasi, yung biped na naka orbits, pwedeng magtago/tumakbo habang nagpapaulan siya ng orbits.

Pero sa tank vs tank, di naman makakatakbo yung tank na tumira ng orbits eh. So susceptible pa rin siya to counterfire during the reload period of the OCs. And when damage-racing against something like KRSW, I'm imagining that KRSW would win out. Kaya in this case, I don't think the OCs are a big deal. Even on a sufficiently fast light tank that can spam and run away, it shouldn't have enough energy to keep up such shenanigans for very long.
(01-21-2011, 09:56 AM)NiX Wrote: Pag tank vs biped kasi, yung biped na naka orbits, pwedeng magtago/tumakbo habang nagpapaulan siya ng orbits.

Pero sa tank vs tank, di naman makakatakbo yung tank na tumira ng orbits eh. So susceptible pa rin siya to counterfire during the reload period of the OCs. And when damage-racing against something like KRSW, I'm imagining that KRSW would win out. Kaya in this case, I don't think the OCs are a big deal. Even on a sufficiently fast light tank that can spam and run away, it shouldn't have enough energy to keep up such shenanigans for very long.

Well, I was thinking a OC vs OC match. But yeah, most of what you said is true. Added that a tank's only source of mobility are Overboosters.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Just ban all the energy weapons - killing a tank is easy enough even with just a single laser/pulse/plasma cannon.
If the KRSW is bad, try the CHIMERA, which does roughly twice as much damage per "shot" and is nearly unavoidable at close range...
Quote:Okay, so we're left with mostly bazookas, slugs and grenades then? I seem to remember that our Battle City rules were quite more lenient than this.
Quote:Tanks are already very handicapped. Banning too many parts will just ruin the fun.
Not really... You may still use ALL of the EN Cannons as long as you don't have SELENA on.

Quote:Why OGRE2 and GLL in your list? They're not good to begin with. ORCHID doesn't need mentioning/banning either cuz it's probably the worst generator in the game, as it is.
I still need actual results for the weapons. But as I see it, SAISUI+ORCHID allows for a short LAMIA+SELENA+ROC4 rampage... Which can severe most Heavies.
For the 1xGLL only thing... two GLL's at close range cut things short. They take away instant 650+AP, times 7~13 nades. Maybe.

Quote:Pero sa tank vs tank, di naman makakatakbo yung tank na tumira ng orbits eh. So susceptible pa rin siya to counterfire during the reload period of the OCs. And when damage-racing against something like KRSW, I'm imagining that KRSW would win out. Kaya in this case, I don't think the OCs are a big deal. Even on a sufficiently fast light tank that can spam and run away, it shouldn't have enough energy to keep up such shenanigans for very long.
I defiinitely agree with this, kaya nga kahit LUPUS, pinagbigyan ko na eh... sige, makakabato ka nga ng anim na ibon... musta naman AP at DEF mo nun, dba? xD
the KRSW... might also include it in on SELENA's conditions as a no-equip restriction, or limit it to single-wield for all setups. What do you think?

Quote:Just ban all the energy weapons - killing a tank is easy enough even with just a single laser/pulse/plasma cannon.
Not that easy if you're using lower Capacity/Output Generators and no PHAGE. You'll end up switching to a Solid weapon, which is one of the purposes of banning ORCHID/FUDOH.
Overboost kamikaze attack Ninja
well ung missiles naman mayrun ako remedy dun ung ruri at ung decoy nakalimutan ko na tawag dun eh so may laban pa ako sa mga missiles
if you know yourself and your enemy you will never fear the results of a hundred battles if you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory you will suffer a defeat if you dont know yourself neither your enemy you will lose at every battle.<br />sun tzu, the art of war
pede rin... MEDUSA po ung decoy xD
mas okay ata yung EN AMS Extension na SUIGETSU, sigurado kaligtasan sa missiles haha, samahan pa ng U5 Core.

Basically, we're stuck with mid-tier equipment.
This seems interesting, but I haven't played with tanks as much as I've been watching pr0n so I'm quite unsure about banning ANANDA and R92. I'll try though.
With G91 and G84P still available, spamming whatever energy weapon all day long is still very much possible. Output > capacity.
Probably. I tried a low-drain tank with MAGNOLIA on. I think it had 5000+ EN Supply even with CGH/GL/OGRE2/M2 on... Overheating was a risk though. Wish it had LAMIA2/SAISUI instead. That however, would be overkill.

I can't imagine how far will be the ranges of these tanks in actual battle.

If Output > Capacity, then I think I should pick on those two Gens instead of FUDOH/ORCHID... phew. Waiting for more suggestions for a new reg version xD
(01-21-2011, 05:41 PM)darkdragon_ycart22 Wrote: Not that easy if you're using lower Capacity/Output Generators and no PHAGE. You'll end up switching to a Solid weapon, which is one of the purposes of banning ORCHID/FUDOH.

Try this build:
CR-H81S4
CR-C89E
A03-GIBBON
CR-LT81A2
CR-F82D2
G01-LOTUS tune for output
R03-LINDEN tune for cooling
Side shield or missile defence, was ROE2
WB30Q-CHIMERA
WR19L-HOLLOW or CR-WH05BP
WL14LB-ELF2
Optionals: O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, KISSYOH, O03-CODON, O04-GOLGI, MARISHI

Basically a damage race build with minimal mobility (no OB or aux boosters). You have 3217 EN supply even with HOLLOW and ROE2 (or ~3600 without ROE2), and will almost never gen-bust unless you spam CHIMERA recklessly.

Combat range is mainly at short range, however the HOLLOW is accurate at middle range (against other tanks). Start off by firing the HOLLOW at ~400 metres, then finally open up with the EO and CHIMERA at >100 metres.

Granted that fighting against the AI really don't prove a thing. Facepalm

Edit: Just noticed that the energy rifle extension is banned, removed from build.
Check again the first post... Reg. 2.1 is up xD
I don't mean to offend in any way, but I still don't understand why you banned GLL and want to ban RS and 98L. None of those are very potent against heavy tanks anyway. And then the more fearsome anti tank weapons, like multimissiles and several of the laser weapons (as already mentioned), are left usable. Banning the popular generators/radiators/FCSs, I feel, is unnecessary, but acceptable.

First of all, in order to create good regulations, the objectives have to be defined. Are we after balance? Variety? Novelty? All of the above? Like if we're after balance, then we remove weapons that have the potential to be overpowering. If we're after variety and/or novelty, we remove parts that aren't necessarily overpowering, but seem too popular, thereby forcing the use of more obscure parts.

So if you can tell us what exactly you want from such a tournament, we'll be able to help you much more.
I've done several tests on the previous weekends... And here, I find myself going for balance. I'm putting back some weapon bans.