Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:27 AM
Heavy Tanks : A feel of AC5?
Sheer Firepower, anyone?
Out of boredom, biglang pumasok sa isip ko etong Rules na to... Haha!

Anyways, since I can't think of anywhere else to post this, I'll just do it here.
The main aspect of this regulation is BALANCE. I have already degraded EN and Missile weapons to an acceptable degree. Certain internal bans will remain intact. Jason

MUSTS:
*Legs: you may use only the following set of Tanks
LT69
LT71
78A
A2

*Back Unit and Arm Unit [both sides] slots must have equipment

Applicables:
*Maps:
AC Garage
Barn Arena
Military District
Underground Works
Structure
Ruins
Marine Base

*Setups
- as long as all four weapon slots [excluding Extensions and Insides] are armed, and the mentioned tank legs and parts not banned are used, it is viable.

*Duration
- 3 minutes each round.
- best of 3 rounds.
- 5 rounds for finals.
- Rematch if both AC's hit 0 AP, regardless of the game's decision for victory.

Conditionals:
any setups:
*single GLL only, because at close range, you know that a shower of 16 nades can end your game in a clap... Faster than what LAMIA's can do.

Bans:
*using Hangar Units

Radar Heads and Radar Back Units. HARDCORE MODE. LoL Smile

Lightweight Cores
== UL Series, CRONUS, RAKAN, HELIOS
EOS
ALL Lightweight Arms
LEMUR
LEMUR2
LORIS
AG

ECM's

Hover Extensions
JIREN
Relation Missile Extensions

LX
<couple it with a CQC handset, and you'll go DOMINATING... WICKED SICK... GODLIKE! LoL Smile) But SRSLY, it's OP'd.>
LAMIA
LAMIA2
[as shown in the video, the green tank's DPS quickly put me into a desperate option of peek-poking it with the URANUS.]
GERYON3
[another OP'd cannon... you'll always want to partner this with LG/LGL]

CENTAUR, 60-ammo Dual Missile

LOTUS
G91
FUDOH

ANANDA
R92

F73H
LIMPET
D2

L+ Optionals

EN Optionals [GOLGI, HISTON, PHAGE] <reduces overall effectiveness of EN Weapons.>
MARISHI <more heat = more intensity = more genbusts = less effective EN Weapons.>

Regulation 3.0

Overboost kamikaze attack Ninja
Sounds like it could be fun, but the rules are really confusing. Sad And your rationale for the part selection would be nice too.
(01-19-2011, 11:56 PM)NiX Wrote: Sounds like it could be fun, but the rules are really confusing. Sad And your rationale for the part selection would be nice too.
I've edited the conditions... Hope I made it clearer now. Smile
Apocalypse-class tank users are gonna be a bit hampered by these bans. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
What confused me was the banned parts selection rather than the post format. Like banning LGL or EOS or ORCHID or ANANDA, etc. I just want to know your reasoning for the bans.
Same here. If you said we're going for sheer firepower, why the bans for laser, pulse and orbit cannons then?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
The reason why I banned those high-powered [or high-tier] parts is because of weapon versatility and battle duration.
~ spamming those uberpowered weapons will make battles too short... and boring. Orbit Cannons, as we know them, are a nightmare for these Tanks, not to mention making those treads as brittle as glass. I wanted to open up more weapon combinations that are not commonly used [unlike standard PACT rules] ~
I also wanted to slow down gameplay as much as possible so that DEF becomes more of a deciding factor. The main reason why I banned EOS is because it has the maximum OB power and high damage endurance at the same time.

> editing conditions... version 1.3 <

~ imagine using those Multi-Boost Extensions in conjuction with NIOH/MOONLIGHT. Or just force your way in with ICURUS ~ I'm thinking about the Blades, and how they'll handle in actual combat with these Regs. Maybe they'll get OP'd?

(01-20-2011, 06:24 AM)Fox Wrote: Apocalypse-class tank users are gonna be a bit hampered by these bans. LOL
What exactly are Apocalypse-class Tanks?
I really like the premise of an all-heavy tank tournament, but I'm still confused by the parts list. Could you give us your exact reasoning for banning/allowing the parts that you did?

As it is, the rules are really convoluted.

It can be simplified by just saying something general like,

no laser weapons, --> armor is more effective against solid rounds. should prolong matches.
only heavyweight arms and cores, --> to go with the theme, obviously
no missiles, --> kills tanks too quickly
tank legs only --> duh.

etc.
(01-20-2011, 05:06 PM)NiX Wrote: I really like the premise of an all-heavy tank tournament, but I'm still confused by the parts list. Could you give us your exact reasoning for banning/allowing the parts that you did?

As it is, the rules are really convoluted.

It can be simplified by just saying something general like,

no laser weapons, --> armor is more effective against solid rounds. should prolong matches.
only heavyweight arms and cores, --> to go with the theme, obviously
no missiles, --> kills tanks too quickly
tank legs only --> duh.

etc.
Thanks for giving out a summary. I got an idea, and I've stated it here...

Heads = no radars.
> more challenge to the game. You have to rely on a shrinked lock box to locate your opponent. Too bad if you have COWRY in.

Cores = middleweights and heavies only, URANUS and Starter Core is an exception.

No Hangars = what are your Cannons for?

Arms = middleweights and heavies only, doesn't include the ones stated above.
> arm variety.
Weapon arms = no missiles.
> Nothing sucks more than getting yourself devirginized by four nukeheads in an instant. Or swarms of sperms, aka micros.

Legs = Heavy Tank Legs only, obviously.
> the theme is centered on this rule.

Radiators = no ANANDA and R92.
> they're simply overused.

Extensions
*no Hovers - makes the slowdowns pointless.
*no JIRENs - that's cheating for the other Tank you genbusted.
*no Relation Missiles - that should tone down the killing power of main missiles.

Insides = no ECM's.
> you having no lock-on + him spamming all match = no fun.

Back Units
*no CENTAUR - also too powerful, and spammable. However, it is virtually useless in low-ceiling areas. You'd better be safe than sorry.
*no Radars - take the challenge.

Arm Units = only one Hangar-Size weapon allowed
> to help avoid underweight setups.

Optional Parts = no L+
> that's part of the challenge.

Conditions when equipping the SELENA Core:
*only one Flamethrower may be used
- genbust murders suck. But you can go as brutal as having Napalm insides and H3 handgun on, plus that NICHRIN and EO. Wtf
*no LX, LAMIA2, and GERYON3 - because they're too powerful, and I think many will abuse that fact.
*no OGRE2 - too powerful for its spam rate with the EO. Chair

Is this better?

~ BTW, when it comes to balanced raw firepower match-ups like this, Type-A users are much more dangerous. Insides are their extra pellet guns. ~
ANANDA and R92 - ok, overused. So what about all the other overused parts like G91, FUDOH, and LOTUS? Banned too? What about F73H?

And what about all the other overused anti tank parts still not banned? KRSW, KINNARA/KARURA, SHADE, MULTIMISSILES, ORBIT CANNONS, etc etc?

I'm just wondering how exactly the line is drawn. I'm wondering how you came up with what to ban/keep.
I just came up with this whole stuff when I was using Redzone against the Heavy Tank AI. I figured since we were both ground-ridden most of the time, why not suggest rules for situations like that? These weren't well thought off until now.

No FCS/Generator bans... but ORCHID and FUDOH are my primary targets for banning due to the huge capacity they have. LOTUS/KONGOH and other low cap Gens are easier-to-genbust parts due to the amplified heat of a lesser quality rad and more consistent heat pressure [considering the game speed]. KUJAJU is good on its own, because it's a "use at your own risk" part. Should I ban ORCHID/FUDOH for gameplay balance? Since SAISUI is their only source of extra EN for this

But then, there's this another thought of banning F73H and LIMPET... Okay, I'm hitting on them.

Most of them are EN Weapons, huh... I guess I'll just hit on the EN Optionals too. That way, they'll just end up consuming your EN till you're at a dead end. But not all the time.

Missiles aren't as effective as cannons without the relations [which I banned instead].

I base my weapon bans on potential DPS and one-hit power [that doesn't give risks like NIOH/PB's or LB's.]

Regulation 2.0, editing the first post again.
Okay, so we're left with mostly bazookas, slugs and grenades then? I seem to remember that our Battle City rules were quite more lenient than this.
darkdragon_ycart22 ' Wrote: What exactly are Apocalypse-class Tanks?

We have two named tanks here.
1. Apocalypse-class - tanks that focus on firepower.
2. Obsidian Rock-class - tanks that focus on defense.

It seems you need a taste of our Battle City mode. It's a free for all or 2v2 tanks match in the military district. Our current hard to breaks are Beastkiller's Apocalypse and Lord Leperman's Genbu and my Obsidian Rock. The only parts we banned are Orbit Cannons since they ass pick tanks the same way sharks do on a feeding frenzy.

Tanks are already very handicapped. Banning too many parts will just ruin the fun.

http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthre...t=obsidian
http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthre...apocalypse
http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthre...ight=genbu

Now, these three ARE sheer firepower.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Why OGRE2 and GLL in your list? They're not good to begin with. ORCHID doesn't need mentioning/banning either cuz it's probably the worst generator in the game, as it is.

Micro missiles still are quite effective most especially against heavy tanks since they just sit there and eat all the missiles. KRSW rapes tanks too, as do most laser weapons. Orbit cannons are usually really good against tanks. But in a tank-vs-tank situation, I'm not too sure how it'd fare.

When we make rules, our usual objectives are:
1) Relative balance
2) Promoting AC variety
(01-21-2011, 09:38 AM)NiX Wrote: Why OGRE2 and GLL in your list? They're not good to begin with. ORCHID doesn't need mentioning/banning either cuz it's probably the worst generator in the game, as it is.

Micro missiles still are quite effective most especially against heavy tanks since they just sit there and eat all the missiles. KRSW rapes tanks too, as do most laser weapons. Orbit cannons are usually really good against tanks. But in a tank-vs-tank situation, I'm not too sure how it'd fare.

When we make rules, our usual objectives are:
1) Relative balance
2) Promoting AC variety

In tanks matches, the one with more AP and orbits launched will own. That's why orbit cannon arms are completely banned yes?
'Signatures are overrated.'