Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:56 PM
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (MHP3)
it needs its own thread
Went back to playing a bit of MH3 and decided to fight a black diablos cus I need the majestic protrusions from its head for a water switch axe. As I had to reorient myself as it was a long time since I was playing the game the diablos had a field day with me but I was able to capture it ... then a fucking Deviljho decided to show up ... I both low in potions and I was using a f'ing ice switch axe at the time so ... it was fun ... I swear just because my armor was slightly weak to dragon attacks it spammed it dragon breath. And near the end when I was again low on potions (only had one ancient potion I was reserving for when I died) it resorted to continuously pounce at me. To top it all of I didn't get any freaking rare drops on that mission TT.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

it's like playing a game of hide and seek or die with that monster.

Interesting thing I found out about weapons, they only do 10 damage average for each hit and charge attacks(switch axe blast, wryverns fire, G-sword charge slash, full hammer swing) do 20 at most. While clust and 2 large barrel bomb+'s do 30-50, if all were to hit the target. also the most hp monsters can have i this game is 1000 or 1100 and that includes Ukanlos, Akantor, Jhen, Deviljho, Ala, and Amatsu.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
The Deviljho in my opinion is MHP3's version of the Rajang. Once you get its move down its attack aren't hard to dodge. (still think the rajang are more dangerous though)

To date I still find the diablos to be the hardest monster to fight in MH3 due to its freakish speed. But everytime I get pissed thinking about the countless times I have got clobbered by the dual horned demons I always remind myself of that one time Doc, Trace, Jake, and myself made a black diablos go WTF.

exactly how do you do that? also I have only fought a rajang once, I wonder what would happen if there was a quest that involves hunting a rajang, jho, and a jinouga?
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
There's no Rajang in MHP3.

What I like in the MH franchise is the fact that the HP isn't displayed. It makes the players really think how to do optimum damage just to kill or maim a monster.
'Signatures are overrated.'
yeah, but the hp gauge sprang on me when I first got it. sorta like a debug monitor, my friends dubbed it "The Scouter", but yeah I agree.
(07-30-2012, 02:06 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: yeah, but the hp gauge sprang on me when I first got it. sorta like a debug monitor, my friends dubbed it "The Scouter", but yeah I agree.

It's not good to depend on it. It's ok if you want to just see how much damage you actually do. It kinda kills a lot in the game.
it does
The Jinouga is overrated and very stingy with rare drops. >>

As for how to make a black diablos to go WTF its simple. Take a unsuspecting diablos, take four people who should know better, then have said people inflict every status effect in Minegarde to the poor beast in short order while one of them "dance" for unfortunate bastard till kingdom come, and finally end it with a bang literally. (it didn't die from the sleep-bombing but it was so close that Trace's ending screening shot was him lying down on the floor with smoke rising from his body)

Doc's fingers were sore from spamming demon dance for 6 whole minutes. LOL

Wow, if possible I'd like to see a vid of that.
Only screenshots by Trace are available I think. We were somewhat busy pitying the poor welp. Not to mention laughing our asses off.

Here you go, clone. Final pic of that poor bastard.

[Image: BlackDiablosmajorownage.jpg]

I remember we killed that thing in less than five minutes....
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
Bah I was never great with keeping time anyway XD. Still this was one of the most fun moments I remember from that time we played.

Well aside from the time you decided to impersonate a great jaggi sound effects and all, Jason

(07-30-2012, 10:57 AM)clonezero Wrote: Well aside from the time you decided to impersonate a great jaggi sound effects and all, Jason

I liked that. It was like there was a mini-boss we couldn't hit.
Tongue 
So im going to break the I rock with the Nebula armor and a long sword called the blood cross+Chair

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Sirius140 0 3,444 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Sirius140
  Monster Hunter 3DS Twin-Skies 0 3,067 10-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies
  Phantasy Star Portable Grim 61 79,257 04-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon
  Super Stardust Portable Grim 0 3,683 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Grim