Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:37 PM
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (MHP3)
it needs its own thread
Quote:@TS, KAMIKAZEEEE!!!

Dude, I killed it - read my post earlier.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Waa... So many new hunters, but no time to adhoc. <:c I'm also trying out the Slash Axe but so far, I'm not really getting the hang of it much. It sort of lacks the vertical slash that I need to cut off tails. XD

Currently beating Amatsu to a pulp with SNS and I've only made two different Armor sets (for low rank and high rank). The leather set for gathering, and the viking set. I also made the Rabbit set because it's cute. Xp

Current Skills: RA+1, Recovery+2, Speed sheathe, Sharp sword, Item usage increase

I usually sub Rec+2 for rec+1 and ESP (Gunnery and RA+2 if I'll use the gunlance) if I fight any armored monster (Jay leno, Silver Los, Gold Ian, Agnaktor/Agnaktor kai... etc)

I like how powerful the LS is now, but it just kills monsters too quickly for me. same goes for the Hammer (LOL it has a semi-infinite combo like the LS) That's why I stick with the SNS until I get bored.
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
(01-13-2011, 05:08 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: I like how powerful the LS is now, but it just kills monsters too quickly for me. same goes for the Hammer (LOL it has a semi-infinite combo like the LS) That's why I stick with the SNS until I get bored.

Just so you guys know, I'm using lance and GL now because I can't use anything else LOL My analog is broken and I can't move down or right consistently. Hunter also moves forward and left on her own. Still reached HR6 regardless though. I dunno if that's an accomplishment LOL
(01-13-2011, 05:53 PM)Sforza Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 05:08 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: I like how powerful the LS is now, but it just kills monsters too quickly for me. same goes for the Hammer (LOL it has a semi-infinite combo like the LS) That's why I stick with the SNS until I get bored.

Just so you guys know, I'm using lance and GL now because I can't use anything else LOL My analog is broken and I can't move down or right consistently. Hunter also moves forward and left on her own. Still reached HR6 regardless though. I dunno if that's an accomplishment LOL

I know that Jake. I've used your PSP to hunt Bull Barroths before. Makes low rank feel like G-Rank XD

Even with that broken analog, you still manage to hit (i.e. PWN) my hunter with the Wyvern Fire EVERY TIME.

Aim for the monster, not the hunter. >___<

I miss the adhocs. and the LOL wtf monster kills... Especially Nargacuga. Xp
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
quropeco-whatsisface, i can forgive you for summoning that great jaggi, but seriously aoashira! twice >< may i remind you im STILL using the starter horn. time to go gather materials for upgrades i guess XD
School and everything related to it is eating up my time to hunt >_> I haven't left HR2 yet ;__;

Edit:
^ at least it wasn't a deviljho...yet >w>
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
found out an officemate plays MH too so i copied 3rd to his psp earlier (actually upgraded his prometheus too). then referred him to the translation patch and saw 2.0 just came out. yay armor!

still have no idea what three light blue notes do tho. the icons looks like a green snowman o.O
switch axe if your gonna use that any skill that improves your weapon's sharpness is a must also critical eye is a good skill to get.

I think it follows the formula of both the ds and ls ( both modes )of doing a lot of dps rather than one hit wonders like the hammer and gs.

the axe mode has a nifty continous combo (like the special attack of the ds)

the sword mode hits less often but has added effects ( +atk, elem, status )

@Zero

at least he didn't summon a royal ludroth, then a ranguratora >< !!!
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(01-13-2011, 08:55 PM)clonezero Wrote: @Zero

at least he didn't summon a royal ludroth, then a ranguratora >< !!!

Today, after finishing off a gold rathian in an environment unstable quest, a silver los came out -_- It's a lot harder in this game, and it takes me about 40 minutes to kill it on the average so just imagine how annoying it was to do an almost 75 minute back to back quest on monsters where your weapon bounces off -_-

I also remember killing an uragaan and having an ebiljoe come out -_- Aoshiras would be fun.
Reading all the stuff above makes me wanna hunt. Prelim exam's begging me not to. D:

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Just started playing. The first monster that i've encountered was Aoashira...
....i didn't want to kill it. =(
Oh shit...i didn't know you can cancel your strikes into ----drink potions/sharpen/use items--- while using SnS!!!
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Prepped 2 battery packs for our field work tomorrow. I'm finally gonna hunt! Woot
Nuuu~! My patch failed.. D:

It sez game cannot be started. I'm running on 5.50 gen-d3.

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
(01-15-2011, 09:44 PM)azuriel07 Wrote: Nuuu~! My patch failed.. D:

It sez game cannot be started. I'm running on 5.50 gen-d3.

You need ISO tool, it will auto patch the game for Gen d3 from m33.
anyone know where i can find a complete listing for the Hunting Horn weapon tree? mhf3's list is blank. theres one at gamefaqs, but it doesnt show the notes, and sharpness. reign of rathalos has nothing. thanks in advance
I use this site.
http://mhp3.otacoo.com/weapons/hunting-horn
The others might know of a better one but that one so far has helped me with most of the stuff I want to know for now.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Sirius140 0 3,446 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Sirius140
  Monster Hunter 3DS Twin-Skies 0 3,067 10-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies
  Phantasy Star Portable Grim 61 79,270 04-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon
  Super Stardust Portable Grim 0 3,683 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Grim