Current time: 04-17-2024, 02:09 AM
DoTA 2
hope it is not "free" on available on steam
I've heard rumors about DotA 2. Stuff like IceFrog is working for Valve (searched to confirm.. yep.. he was hired by valve), and DotA 2 would be released in 2011.
They're just ripping out DotA from Warcraft... with graphics upgrade and shit like that... but still DotA. Unlike HoN, LoL, etc.

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Knowing Valve, it's probably going on Steam, which would make people(most of whom play for free on Garena or private Bnet servers) shell out some cash if ever IceFrog stops developing DotA for Wc3. At which point someone else will take over the project, then the game loses novelty, bla bla bla..

..and knowing piracy.. Even TF2 can be played for free.
Valve's official announcement for Dota 2.

http://www.letsmmo.com/2010/10/valve-announces-dota-2/

I'm the article author btw LOL

And yes, that's supposed to be a lowercase "a" last I checked. Valve apparently had name licensing issues with the original DotA creator.

[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
see ya there!@
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
i hope we wont be "SEPERATED" as SEA
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention this one thing my friend told me.

"Kapag daw may nag-quit. Papalitan ng AI yung nag-quit para tuloy parin yung laban"

Quote:AI bots will take over for disconnected players, and will be available to play against in unranked training matches as well. However, don't get your hopes up for a full-fledged single-player game, though. Johnson says, "Our goal with the AI is just that their experience isn't destroyed just because one person couldn't finish the game."

*Fixed*

I just hope Dota 2 AI's are better than Warcraft's.

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
HEY AI I NEED ALL YOUR EQUIPS FOR SURE WIN PLOX.

or maybe HEY AI, LET ME PILOT YOUR HERO INSTEAD, YOU SUCK.

lol.
Playing this game for some time now. Anyone else here have closed beta access?
Domo Beyond the beaten path, lies the absolute end. It does not matter who or what you are. Death awaits you! - P3 Domo
I have one but I havent got the time to download it. I just received an email that I was also chosen for it. Still busy playing Armored Core V
Just started this past week, it's been the same as wc3 DotA for me, pings of 200-350, and tons of derpy players.

HoN's dying anyway Tongue
^ Sad for HoN I like some of their hero models but the game's balancing sucks. SE server has the best ping, I can have 135ms during morning to afternoon. Probably it depends on your ISP and day of the week. Hk and china comes 2nd but you can't communicate with most of the players there since it's mostly chinese. During midnight you can probably play on any server with no delays. Had 110ms last time I checked. ^^
Domo Beyond the beaten path, lies the absolute end. It does not matter who or what you are. Death awaits you! - P3 Domo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DotA Black Dragon 55 52,947 02-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu