Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:38 PM
Mental Repository (M.R.)
Si Doc naman ngayon LOL.

Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday docman!!
Thanks. Pizza and bbq this weekend? Venue to be announced. Sound off if uou guys are game
Oh fuuuuccck~~ What day this weekend?
Sure am game.
Happy Birthday Doc \o/

can i come along ^^?
Happy birthday Doc! Tagal na nating di nagkikita.

Too bad I won't be around this weekend though. Have fun guys Smile
Happy Birthday, Doc and Rick.

Old USB modem died. Went ahead and bought a mobile WiFi to replace it. So far, so good. Crappy connection pa din though.

Lol. I just noticed that gif avatars don't move anymore Tongue
'Signatures are overrated.'
July 11. 2~3pm zarks sm north anyone interested just show up
Awww nuts, may lunch ako sa oras na yun. Baka habol nalang ako kung abot (though unlikely due to being full from the previous event).

PM'd you my new mobile.
rant/depressed/frustrated: around august 2010 i wrote a short story. it was a dragon suddenly appearing in a business district (imagined to be ortigas or makati), wrecking havoc etc. the whole premise of the story was a "what if". what if the world of fantasy invaded or collided with the modern world. how would modern police, military and security forces deal with dragons, wizards, knights and the like. what caliber weapons can pierce dragonscale, how would science measure and explain magic missles and the like. i showed the story to two of my writing mentors for editing. months later, with the edits in mind, i wrote in that world setting again. then stupid lazy me put the thing on the backburner of my mind. over the years ive come back to it, revised stuff, fine tuned the plot line etc. never actually writing it.

now Gate Jietai is out. even if i do get to write down my Invasion story, people would prolly think it's a rip off of that show >.< this is like Kuro Somato and my Blinky and Elena story all over again. except this time, the world setting is too large to revise to avoid similarities. heck i might as well as write a completely different story if i revise it. the process of creation is like birthing or bringing life into the world. your creation is your child, and i feel like that what i have made will be viewed as an abomination. dead in the womb. i hate myself so much right now.
(07-09-2015, 12:22 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: rant/depressed/frustrated: around december 2010 i wrote a short story. it was a dragon suddenly appearing in a business district (imagined to be ortigas or makati), wrecking havoc etc. the whole premise of the story was a "what if". what if the world of fantasy invaded or collided with the modern world. how would modern police, military and security forces deal with dragons, wizards, knights and the like. what caliber weapons can pierce dragonscale, how would science measure and explain magic missles and the like. i showed the story to two of my writing mentors for editing. months later, with the edits in mind, i wrote in that world setting again. then stupid lazy me put the thing on the backburner of my mind. over the years ive come back to it, revised stuff, fine tuned the plot line etc. never actually writing it.

now Gate Jietai is out. even if i do get to write down my Invasion story, people would prolly think it's a rip off of that show >.< this is like Kuro Somato and my Blinky and Elena story all over again. except this time, the world setting is too large to revise to avoid similarities. heck i might as well as write a completely different story if i revise it. the process of creation is like birthing or bringing life into the world. your creation is your child, and i feel like that what i have made will be viewed as an abomination. dead in the womb. i hate myself so much right now.

I remembered this movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_Fire_(film) from 2002
(07-09-2015, 03:42 PM)Sforza Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 12:22 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: rant/depressed/frustrated: around december 2010 i wrote a short story. it was a dragon suddenly appearing in a business district (imagined to be ortigas or makati), wrecking havoc etc. the whole premise of the story was a "what if". what if the world of fantasy invaded or collided with the modern world. how would modern police, military and security forces deal with dragons, wizards, knights and the like. what caliber weapons can pierce dragonscale, how would science measure and explain magic missles and the like. i showed the story to two of my writing mentors for editing. months later, with the edits in mind, i wrote in that world setting again. then stupid lazy me put the thing on the backburner of my mind. over the years ive come back to it, revised stuff, fine tuned the plot line etc. never actually writing it.

I remembered this movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_Fire_(film) from 2002

yeah, i looked into that movie too. settings is a bit off into the future though and has this world near extinction feel. what i wanted for my story is something closer to Cloverfield. incredible shit is happening right now and we're following this dude through it.
TIL to never start a war I can never participate in. Kumag na ina 'to, kung kelan nasilid sa paso, saka nagbibigay ng sakit ng ulo Tongue
'Signatures are overrated.'
(07-09-2015, 05:53 PM)Serene Wrote: TIL to never start a war I can never participate in. Kumag na ina 'to, kung kelan nasilid sa paso, saka nagbibigay ng sakit ng ulo Tongue

wait whut happaned? Ninja