Current time: 03-29-2024, 06:08 PM
LR Challenge: Underground Investigation
For you gunslingers...
Well, there hasn't been many activities out there on this section of the forum for a while, so here's a little something to break the silence:

Attempt the LR mission Underground Investigation with only handguns and back weapons of choice.
Difficulty: Easy
Limitations:
-Only bipedal ACs allowed (Light, Medium, Heavy, RJ).
-Only handguns and laser blades are allowed as arm weapons.
-Any back weapons.
-Any extensions.

This is my staple in which I completed this mission with:
Head --------- CR-H97XS-EYE
Core ---------- CR-C75U2
Arms ---------- A11-MACAQUE
Legs ---------- LH09-COUGAR2
Booster ------- B03-VULTURE2
FCS ----------- MONJU
Generator ----- CR-G91
Radiator ------ ANANDA
Inside -------- ---
Extension ----- E02RM-GAR
Back Unit R --- WB05M-SATYROS
Back Unit L --- WB17R-SIREN3
Arm Unit R ---- CR-WH79H3
Arm Unit L ---- CR-WH79H3
Hanger Unit R - WH09H-WRAITH
Hanger Unit L - CR-WL79LB2

Optional Parts: O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, KISSYOH, O03-CODON, MARISHI, KANGI

Finished with ~4000 AP, didn't even have to empty out the missiles or the handguns to destroy the Pulverizer. Remember that it is really easy to just empty your missiles at the guy and call it a day, but I preferred to get close up and personal.

Have fun! Roll eyes
Go there with a flamethrower or a rocket launcher lol that would be a challenge.
I couldn't remember the usual setup I used to beat pulvies or play solitary for that matter, but it mostly involved handguns only. Most of my staples have handguns set as their main weapons anyway so I probably attempted this already.

H3 is already cheap btw, although I haven't exactly tried handguns against the superior pulverizer (secret mission); I've been using them only for PvP matches and trying to look for different combinations since clearing LR. Still, pulvies don't have an impressive amount of shell def so it should still do the job. Also, rockets are good against pulvies in regards to the aiming; they're too big to miss 70% of your shots. XD

I might slam my PSP as hard as I could on the desk, then smash it on my head and on my dad's balls if I attempted this on the portable version though.
(09-11-2010, 06:26 PM)Goat Wrote: H3 is already cheap btw, although I haven't exactly tried handguns against the superior pulverizer (secret mission); I've been using them only for PvP matches and trying to look for different combinations since clearing LR. Still, pulvies don't have an impressive amount of shell def so it should still do the job. Also, rockets are good against pulvies in regards to the aiming; they're too big to miss 70% of your shots. XD

True to that the H3 has way too much ammo for handguns... Roll eyes Hence the difficulty rating of "Easy". I'm going to try this mission without backweapons and see if I can still beat it... Dual DRAGONS (closest equivalent to energy handguns besides pulse rifles), now that is a challenge!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue LR Challenge: Destroy Transport Convoy medusa0 7 10,592 03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Last Post: enjoyincubus