Current time: 04-26-2024, 08:59 PM
Where did your nick come from?
Yeah, so Nix and I were talking right about now, and we came to the discussion of my new nickname, which is NOT based on the new PS2 game coming out, mind you (lol Nix, how's that for not being so defensive LOL). I told him that Grimoire was getting kinda corny and stale, and GodHand was what I thought was really cool. I never got around to using it though kasi nauna ko na natype yung Grimoire everywhere... and changing it all would be a hassle. But that's not the point of this topic. :tongue:

Napaisip kami, san ba galing ang nickname ni Rick? I can understand Lord, but what does Leperman mean? Please note that while we're asking this question seriously, we're not doing it to make fun or offend or anything, you could say we just got plain curious.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe this could turn into a "where did you get your name from?" topic. So, let that be it.

EDIT: Yan, got a pretty good pic. Here's where I got the name from:

[Image: godhandni8.jpg]

Ken "Godhand" Mishima, one of the characters in Ehrgeiz game for the PS1.
GH, but the Godhand game IS already out. It's the Japanese version only though.

EDIT:

In case anyone's wondering where the name NiX came from, let me just tell you that it's my nickname in real life, in case that wasn't obvious. Hahah.
Lol, my bad. In that case, my new nick is NOT based on the new PS2 game that's recently come out. LOL

Our question still stands though, Rick.
It started in my 2nd year of high school. I have established myself as a member of a small group of people who are the freaks and outcasts of the high school hierarchy who would one day rule the world (one of us is a practicing molecular biologist). Anyhow, we were the group who were into geek stuff, warhamer 40K, computers, anime/manga (It was fairly uncommon back in 1998-99) Star Trek and Star Wars and such. We also were the cutting edge when it came to technology, especially computers. You can probably say that we were pioneers oh network gaming back when it was still unpopular (Back then Quake II was THE multiplayer FPS while Command and Conquer: Red Alert was the RTS game of choice).

Eventually while thinking of stuff to pass the time during recess and lunch, we started thinking of unlikely superheroes... We though of characters such as PLANTMAN with the power of PHOTOSYNTHESIS! Liverman, along with the Kidney Kids, Bladder Boy, and Commander Colon with his Colon Cannon, all together forming the URINATOR and the DEFACATOR!

Eventually, it came to a point where I brought up the character of Leperman, yep its named after the skin disease. The guy does not feel pain whatsoever, but he loses limbs without him knowing it.

So, what's it got to do with gaming? We just started using weird names to distinguish ourselves in multiplayer games such as Quake II and eventually Counterstrike (I believe I started with Beta 2.0). We put names of people such as Dalai Lama, Ghandi, The pope, and other unlikely people you would see in combat just to get a kick out of it. Eventually we used our imaginary creations... I used names such as The English_Banger (lol innuendo), Bahag Hari Ranger (Note: Bahag Hari is deliberately separate to denote a king wearing nothing a piece of cloth on his crotch, not the Bahaghari which means Rainbow. Although I sometimes use Bahaghari Ranger for no reason). I used Leperman the most often though.

Leperman became associated with me, I was 1337 with CS back then and so was my group of friends, eventually people from different PC shops began calling us by our serer names and we would be called by those names by other players as well. Eventually we decided to make a made a clan. It was decided that I make the name, so I named it the "Leapin' Leper Legion". They know me as Lord Leperman as the leader when it comes to FPS games (I'm not the team leader when it comes to RTS games). So there, I used the name, the name stuck, and I used it until now because it makes things easier for me when people know me by just one name.

Basicly, I used the name that people associate with me the most, so I kept on using it. :tongue:
Lord_Leperman Wrote:Eventually while thinking of stuff to pass the time during recess and lunch, we started thinking of unlikely superheroes... We though of characters such as PLANTMAN with the power of PHOTOSYNTHESIS! Liverman, along with the Kidney Kids, Bladder Boy, and Commander Colon with his Colon Cannon, all together forming the URINATOR and the DEFACATOR!

Eventually, it came to a point where I brought up the character of Leperman, yep its named after the skin disease. The guy does not feel pain whatsoever, but he loses limbs without him knowing it.
LOL

I've done that too with my friends, believe it or not. We came up with one guy: Manman, with the strength of two men. LOL

Commander Colon and his Colon Cannon sounds extra extra mean though. I'd hate to be hit by that. XD

Now I feel a little more enlightened and nostalgic as well. Oh, the joys of high school.
Why didn't I think of manman before? LOL
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Oct 15 2006, 11:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Oct 15 2006, 11:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why didn't I think of manman before?&nbsp; LOL [/quote:b050439c2c]
I dunno, but we were kinda dead drunk when we thought that up. LOL

EDIT: Did some searching around, and <a href='http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOTexJh-9Xw' target='_blank'>this God Hand game's actually looking to be pretty frickin' sweet</a>, lol. So I guess I wouldn't really mind. Not that it was the primary reason though... hahaha defensive parin! :tongue:
Ayus~ Nice game...
Anong platform yan?

Puchit~ Akala ko kung sino si GodHand...
Si Grimoire pala yun~!
Hehe...
'Signatures are overrated.'
Yup, changed my name people. I am now GodHand. Don't worry, this'll probably be my last change. Ever. Kasi mahirap din ang papalit-palit ng names... hindi alam ng tao ang tatawag niya sayo. And like I said, GH is much shorter than Grim or Grimoire. Or you can just call me Mix, 'cause that's who I am lol. But then it might get confusing with Nix around... :tongue:

And that game's on the PS2. Yeah it's a bit bland on the level design, but I'm reading that it's a real challenge. Should be fun.

EDIT: Tama si azuma, mukhang nakakatawa talaga yung laro. Iniintay ko nalang yung English version. Whee!
oo nga kala ko bagong member si grimoire pla wahehe kaso maganda rin yung GodHand ah nakakatawa LOL
actually mix... this is the basis of godhand

<a href='http://www.masutatsuoyama.com/masoyama.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.masutatsuoyama.com/masoyama.htm</a>

If he hit you, you broke. If you blocked a rib punch, you arm was broken or dislocated. If you didn't block, your rib was broken. He became known as the Godhand, a living manifestation of the Japanese warriors' maxim Ichi geki, Hissatsu or "One strike, certain death".

he is also the basis for street fighters' RYU
<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mas_Oyama' target='_blank'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mas_Oyama</a>

there is also a movie about him titled "fighter in the wind" very good movie
<!--QuoteBegin-AEA1+Oct 19 2006, 04:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AEA1 @ Oct 19 2006, 04:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> POST [/quote:200784d89f]
Oh hell yeah. Biglang nadagdagan ng 1,000,000 coolness points yung nick ko. :tongue:
Mine's simple enough, it's the last three letters of my last name. Check the introductions page. I've been using it ever since 1999.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
<!--QuoteBegin-GodHand+Oct 16 2006, 03:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GodHand @ Oct 16 2006, 03:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yup, changed my name people. I am now GodHand. Don't worry, this'll probably be my last change. Ever. Kasi mahirap din ang papalit-palit ng names... hindi alam ng tao ang tatawag niya sayo. [/quote:0c84f13d5f]
Ah, fuck it. Just call me Grim. Tongue

Kinain ko rin yung sinabi ko, haha.

I know, I know... WTF, right? Eh... ganun eh. Let's just say I'm still in search of that perfect internet nickname. Big grin
Grimlok..?

Grimlock... The really powerful autobot (kinda stupid, but really powerful. he's second only to Optimus Prime)... Dun ba galing yung name? Hehe. He's my favorite Autobot though.