Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:22 PM
Dead Island
Another take on the whole zombie thingy

I actualy like this, cuz I'm such a sucker for death and despair themes. I hope they pull it off, gameplay wise tho.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
Oh this looks promising. Loved the video. Kinda gives you the feeling of pure and utter hopelessness in situations like those.
Well.. uhh.. That's one gloomy vid. Can I play the part of the dad?! I wanna go rage mode and kill all those zombie shit that killed that poor little girl. D:

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
I have never been sadder while watching a trailer for a videogame. Sad
(02-17-2011, 11:32 PM)azuriel07 Wrote: Well.. uhh.. That's one gloomy vid. Can I play the part of the dad?! I wanna go rage mode and kill all those zombie shit that killed that poor little girl. D:

Sad thing is that the dad was bitten in the vid(watched it twice cuz me liked it too much), more sad thing was it was the daughter who did it.

This trailer is really well made, the cinematography, choreography, sounds and story progression(backwards/fowards play) really gets it's message across and captures every emotion and struggle it wants to project, and it did all that in a few minutes..
Main character is the mom?
Who will kill the Zombie Dad?
Have a cut scene seeing dead daughter's body rotting?

They could make it more emotional by having the dad gradually losing his sanity and at the last moment say something that would convey "kill me quick, goodbye and I love you" Add to that a nice goodbye smile *insert rapid flashback happy moment montage* that gradually turns into a bloodthirsty "I wanna eat your brains now stare" with uncontrollable shaking as the dad fights the hunger with all of his willpower to hold himself back. Then as a player you have to CHOP him up with an AXE. Then as you hit the Dad, it shows his point of view, whatever sanity was left in him. Lots of blood and tears.
~~~~~~~~

I like the trailer enough to wish it was a movie. I hope the gameplay is awesome.

~~~~~~~
Bonus lulz had to put this somewhere, at least it's zombie related..... =D

B movie as compared to that trailer lol!
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]

The chronologicaly corrected version of the trailer..
Seeing this version I doubt even the mom survived. I think they'r(the family) not even part of the main characters of the game..
I wanna play the game~ Rage mode!

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
i saw the vid.. its scary and beautiful at the same time. i wanna cry.. Tears of joy . Big grin
"within the facade of shadows and deceit, face your true self..."
Necro.

I was planning to get this game later, but suddenly stumbled upon this thread (read the whole thread to see the current state; none). I guess it'll have to wait until they patch the autosave fix. Just keeping you people alert in case you were planning to buy one too.

Edit:
This isn't only occuring at the PS3, but even 360 users get the same thing as well (although not as problematic compared to PS3 users; there's a way to work around it, as written in post #3). Not sure about the PC version though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Frontier Lord_Leperman 17 22,730 06-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Dead Space 3 Goat 2 4,457 06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Dead Space 3...no surprise here RoninFang 7 7,898 10-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Rexzo
  Dead Space series atdsutm 6 9,119 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Red Dead Redemption Twin-Skies 3 5,087 08-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Hempire