Current time: 04-19-2024, 05:30 PM
[OLD] Changes on the horizon...
It's been a pretty quiet couple of months here at RR, mostly due to real life happening to me full-on. But don't fret, I haven't forgotten the goals that I've set down for updating/improving this place; they are still very much on the timeline.

1. Forum theme update - this goes hand in hand with updating the board's software to the next big version coming up, MyBB 1.6. It will add a lot of new features, or so I've been told, so I'm holding off on developing the new, clean and minimalistic white theme in fear of it being broken when we upgrade. But it's on the to do list. Sophie will be included in some way.

Don't worry, we're keeping the black ravenTwilight theme, but I'll be simplifying it even more. Sleek and simple is what I'm after.

2. Blog design update/cleanup - also been on the burner for a few months now. Aside from launching a better looking design (that'll be mostly white), I'll also be cleaning up the tags, editing a few posts that need it, etc etc. Sophie will also be included, of course.

3. Forum cleanup/moderation - I said before that I didn't want to delete posts. However, after growing to this size and having to take into account search engines finding our topics and discussions, I'm thinking some level of control needs to be put in now. Nix did this a while ago with one of the design threads, and I'm thinking it could be put into action into some of the other general discussion threads that are really going off tangent (not that I'm saying there are many, or that I don't enjoy/participate in them).

4. Smileys - I got a request from Raffy a long time ago about including some of the emoticons he posts (the one with the white character? what's that dude's name?). I'm still on the fence about it. In the meantime, any other smileys you'd like to include/prune from the list?

What do you guys think? As always, all of these are open for discussion.

Your non-response will be taken as a form of agreement. Smile
we still don't have a Sophie theme XX
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

You might wanna pull down the blue star banner since it's kinda old. I think there's plenty of images out there that we can use.
But I love the header. Sad Tired of seeing your own work, JE? Tongue
I was meaning to contribute more but I'm a master procrastinator Facepalm
Some other time maybe LOL
(06-24-2010, 06:32 PM)clonezero Wrote: we still don't have a Sophie theme XX

Shoot I nearly forgot about this. Yes, I'll add the pink, glittery, awesome theme on the list. LOL

(06-24-2010, 06:33 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: You might wanna pull down the blue star banner since it's kinda old. I think there's plenty of images out there that we can use.

Noted. But truth be told, I've kinda taken a liking to it since it's your original and can't be found anywhere else. Tongue
(06-25-2010, 09:50 AM)Grim Wrote:

Shoot I nearly forgot about this. Yes, I'll add the pink, glittery, awesome theme on the list. LOL

D: D: D:

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Yes, let the art be ORIGINAL!!!~~
perhaps we can HERBALIZE the artists......someday, if they want to. =D

errr on topic, i like the sound of the minimalistic theme. i think it will help with the shit sony browser.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]

Unicorns and rainbows too please!
(06-25-2010, 05:27 PM)Sforza Wrote:

Unicorns and rainbows too please!

Seconded! Clapping
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Theme based on THIS?

I AM SO IN.
we should also get a web based music player so it would be complete LOL

and how about getting more games for our games section XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Suggestion noted, I'll work them into the theme somehow. Smile

(06-26-2010, 01:23 AM)clonezero Wrote: we should also get a web based music player so it would be complete LOL

and how about getting more games for our games section XD

I tried having a music player in here before, but it was just too unwieldy and clumsy to implement. I think we'd be better off hosting the audio files in here and letting people download them. I'm having reservations to that though because it would kill the server we're on (not to mention that Galbaldia Hotel is still up and running).

Now for the games, that's something I can do right now. I'll look for some arcade classics this weekend.
No streaming music please. Sad
(06-26-2010, 10:49 AM)NiX Wrote: No streaming music please. Sad

Unless it's Never Gonna Give You Up on constant repeat LOL