Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:27 AM
world cup 2010
lapit na WORLD CUP!!! Clapping
excited na ba kayo? Clapping
predictions?

post yours!
[Image: 2porv61.jpg]
I'm rooting for France on the left and Italy on the right. Tongue
(06-08-2010, 10:14 AM)NiX Wrote: I'm rooting for France on the left and Italy on the right. Tongue

Headbutting rematch!

I don't follow footie though, so I don't have any team in particular.
I hope Spain and England get through Smile
My predictions are probably not going to happen, already lookin like i got a few wrong. (expect more to come)

The Greek side are effin *bleep* haha
South Korea Looked decent.
I hope the hosts South Africa progress in their group, they drew wiv Mexico.
Argies vs Nigeria is on now
IN GER LAND v USA a bit later Clapping

C'mon England C'mon England Clapping

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QIAv2EoIP0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QIAv2EoIP0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Not really a football fan, but this news caught my attention:

Somali militants threaten World Cup TV viewers
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/africa/10307512.stm

Quote:Gangs of Islamists are reported to be patrolling the areas they control looking for people watching games.

Dedicated fans are watching matches in secret, or in the few areas controlled by government forces.

On Saturday militants killed two people as they attacked a house where people were watching a game.

Militant group Hizbul-Islam also arrested 10 others at the house north-east of the capital Mogadishu where fans were watching the game between Argentina and Nigeria.
'Mad men'

A spokesman for the group, Sheikh Mohamed Abdi Aros said the rest of Somalia should respect their ban on the World Cup.
Continue reading the main story

I have one eye on the TV and the other on the door, and the sound turned down

Mogadishu football fan

"We are warning all the youth of Somalia not to dare watch these World Cup matches. It is a waste of money and time and they will not benefit anything or get any experience by watching mad men jumping up and down," he said.

One broadcaster has moved their operations to the fortified airport to protect their equipment from attack during the tournament.

Dedicated football fans have few safe places to go if they want to watch Africa's first World Cup, with the al-Qaeda inspired group al-Shabab also announcing a ban.

A cinema in the small part of the capital Mogadishu controlled by the government has become a popular place for football fans.

One man, who lives in the militant-controlled livestock market area of the city told the BBC he was watching Algeria v Slovenia at home with his family.

"I have one eye on the TV and the other on the door, and the sound turned down," he said.
'Enemies of Islam'

The ban dates back to a law that was introduced by the Islamic Courts Union who took control of much of Somalia for six months in 2006.
map

It bans Somalis from all forms of entertainment considered un-Islamic under the courts' strict interpretation of Sharia law, like video games and watching sports in public.

The BBC's Mohammed Olad Hassan says few individual Somalis can afford to have a satellite TV, so such public screenings are often the only way matches can be seen.

In the Juba Valley rebel militias went further, saying young men should not watch football - even in the privacy of their own homes - because it would "distract them from pursuing holy jihad."

A private broadcaster moved its equipment from the rebel-held Bakara market to the heavily protected airport so it can continue broadcasting, news agency Reuters reported.

They had to do it under the cover of darkness for fear of attack, they said.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
This is getting weird! Spain, Germany, France and Serbia have all lost already o_o
Anyone still following? It's so exciting.

Spain won over Portugal!! Big grin

And Japan lost Sad

Among the Euro countries, Germany and the Netherlands are still in.

There are 2 huge matches coming up:

Germany/Argentina and Netherlands/Brazil

Would anyone here be interested in watching it live with me btw?
[Image: funny-celebrity-tweets-brett-erlich-twil...=500&h=290]
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Just got home from watching the Uruguay v. Netherlands match. Pretty good, Uruguay fought till the end, but their bad defense really lost the match for them.

Will watch Germany v. Spain tomorrow morning, rooting for Spain. Smile
I got loads of predictions wrong lol, but the final prediction is still on if Spain beats Germany tomorrow.

Gah i just don't know who'll win between Spain and Germany, If Spain scores the first goal they'd prolly win it though as long as they don't push forward as much and just pass the Germans to death, cause the Germans are deadly on the counter and Spain don't do too well against lightning quick counters.

If the Germans score first though Spain are gonna have to push forward and that'd be perfect for the Germans.

Can hardly wait. LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LGBT Pride 2010 and Filipino Freethinkers in mainsteam news :) Twin-Skies 2 5,941 12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Last Post: HayWire
  2010 RP Elections Discussion Thread Sforza 159 177,549 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Fox
  It's official: Erap tp run in 2010 Twin-Skies 16 20,902 10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Phils to be 60% energy self-sufficient by 2010 Twin-Skies 3 6,348 12-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon
  What if the world had a choice? Lord_Leperman 1 4,104 11-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Grim