Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:01 PM
MGS: Peace Walker (PSP)
Release date: June 8 2010 (US), April 28 (Japan)

[Image: Metal_Gear_Solid_Peace_Walker_Cover_Art.jpg]

I just watched this show on NHK which chose to dedicate an entire episode to the game. In it, they interviewed Kojima and a Sony executive about the decision to release the game for PSP, and other things such as new features in the series and how the MONSTER HUNTER tie-in came about.

I think most of you guys who have been following the game know about it already, but for those of you that don't, MGS: PW allows Snake to hunt MH monsters in an MGP2G setting Tongue It's a bit unfair though because he has guns.

A few of the interesting things Kojima says are:

- Future of gaming will be in cloud computing, and not high end graphics intensive consoles
- PSP platform was chosen to attract younger gamers who aren't familiar with the MGS series
- He wanted to experiment with Co-op play

It was also funny watching the Sony executive they interviewed. Basically, all he said was that the relationship between Kojima and Sony is extremely important and at the moment, Kojima can do whatever he wants and that Sony will support him all the way~! As expected.

So there. Looking forward to this game a lot.

Anyone else getting it?
For now dl but when I finally can I'll buy this seems to good a gem to just dl.

And I hope other people follow Hideo's trend ( and hopefully not perverting it in the process )
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Also, you can finally get your own Metal Gear (Zeke) on MGSPW. I don't have any idea how to configure the rest of the technical stuff though. At least, this one is another sequel to MGS3 (and PO). I seem to like Big Boss more than Solid Snake these days.
I'll be getting it. Smile
A little bit off topic, but I plan on finally updating my PSP CFW for this game. Have any of you upgraded from M33 to GEN-D?

Would you know if it'll mess up my PSX games or homebrew emulators?

Strangely enough, I'd rather have Xenogears, Super Mario All-Stars/World and games like Tecmo Super Bowl and Super Punch Out over new games like MGS: PW LOL
(06-03-2010, 01:18 PM)Sforza Wrote: A little bit off topic, but I plan on finally updating my PSP CFW for this game. Have any of you upgraded from M33 to GEN-D?

Would you know if it'll mess up my PSX games or homebrew emulators?

I've done it. 5.00 M33-6 to 5.50 GEN-D3. After that, the following happened:

-can still play homebrew games (not sure about the emulators though, haven't tried them yet)
-the MH language patch didn't work completely anymore (most of the dialogue reverted back to Japanese - or maybe I just thought it did)
MGSPW randomly freezes in GEN-D3 (at least, in my own experience), so I'm stuck playing Godeater for now. D:

I've heard rumors about other people ranting that some of their PSX games don't work anymore. Mine still works so far (only tested on one game though).

Better off downgrading to GEN-D2 or M33-6, I guess.
just downloaded the game and it works on very well on GEN-D2 Smile
us version of peacewalker seems to be out
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

I'm excited that it seems to be so addictive. Like Pokemon, but with people (apparently).

http://psp.ign.com/articles/109/1095291p2.html
Google metal gear solid peace walker patched all cfw eur LOL

Let's play adhoc at the next meet Big grin
!

Imma get the patch NAO. Hopefully it doesn't freeze when running on GEN-D3. (At least from what I've read, it doesn't) Big grin