Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:42 PM
Stop-Motion Gundam Fiction Project
Aiken: He's younger than you. Hahah.

Go ahead and be technical of course.
XD yeah i feel old honestly currently 23 yrs old about to hit 24 by april 11 (AYAW KO TUMANDA!) ...sob mostly a self thought artist >_< effing college had to learn most of the fundamentals on my own and currently trying to learn animation principles/fundamentals on my own ain't life great T_T

anyways one i do agree you do have the talent for the cinematography/camera work your lighting is impressive, you know where to focus the camera, angles are dynamic but i would suggest also play around with worms eye view and birds eye view don't get used to all side or front views

but animation iv'e been watching it over and over again i don't want to hurt your feelings or anything but there is still room for a lot of improvement but you do have the potencial

here's one of the tips ill give you when doing animations/films or anything related also works for comics, iv'e noticed you keep everything moving or doing something, even if a character really isn't doing something...to give a more realistic/authentic feel it still moves even if its just a bit unless of course its dead XD this still applies to mechs unless the mech is turned off (dead if its human LOL ) it is still moving when its not doing something even if its just a bit...
u might ask how come i seen animations where the mech and such are just standing XD well its more or less to cut down on the costs honestly to stay in budjet but in reality yeah keep things moving. think about when your walking down a street and just observe even if a person is just standing he or she is still doing "something"

now what is that something?....maybe scratching his side, playing with his fingers or something XD
now how can you apply that concept in your current animation maybe even if the mobile suit isn't doing anything since its space maybe u can make it float around a bit

but do you get the idea?

hmmm what else have you tried story boarding this first? or you just jumped into animation right away?
You could try changing the titles to something more relevant, to get more views. Something like "Gundam Stop Motion Fiction Prologue" instead, even if it's longer. Of course, only do it if you want more people to see it.

Anyway, nice work on the animation Tongue
I understand the side-view constraint though. Since it's stop-motion, and since he's working with small subjects, he really doesn't have a lot of space to work the camera. He'll also need more than a tripod to keep the camera in place between frames. I'd almost say that drawing is easier than this.
dude ive done traditional animations before in high school tried my hand at stop motion once but didn't really like it XD, directed a stage play before in college that was fun XD but have to admit it was tiring LOL XD worked with a camera a few times but honestly i suck with camera work >_< i am really more of an artist/painter/traditional animator i just translate the same concepts/principles into 3d XD cause i believe its not the tool that makes the artist rather its the artist behind the masterpiece Happy

if its one thing i learned in life there's is always a way Happy

like you don't have to elevate the camera if your tripod is not high enough XD you can bring the objects on floor instead and have the camera/tripod on a chair or table or something Happy

or for worms eye view you can put your subjects on something hard and transparent u can use a glass table or something just be very care full and have the camera below the table

Creativity also means learning to adapt to the situation since there will be cases you cant control the situation rather make the most out of it and there really is no one way but a single goal can have a million directions you just have to look Happy

i hope this helps Happy
Thanks for the comments,my future releases will improve accordingly,I'm still getting the hang of this,hahhahahaha

@Roninfang- I'll take your word for it =)

Oh,btw,the reason why i can't get a bird's eye view or any other view is because the camera I'm currently using is non other than the Playstation eye,I take pictures using the Eyecreate program on the PS3 coz I don't have a cam -__- It's also hard for me to hold it up high and I only place it on top of CD cases to elevate the view. I also have the wire to worry about,if i touch it even for a bit,I'd lose the frame..Non of these are Edited by the way,I used some sort of LED to create the light thing. I'd want to edit it though to make the beam sabers glow and all,but I don't know how to do so. hahahaha
By editing, I meant the timing of the sound effects =D
ah ic >_< i thought you were using a normal camera hmmmm i hope my suggestion helps though....wait do you have a mirror something around the size of a band paper or something because i think i have a idea how you can achieve other angles of camera work even if your camera is static....though its hard to explain its better if i can show it to you somehow Tongue
and yeah i have to agree to that
"By editing, I meant the timing of the sound effects =D "
Happy
"By editing, I meant the timing of the sound effects =D "

Oh,alright,sorry..
lol,no harm done
Sorry? What for? It's fantastic work.
okay i kinda got lost why are you apologizing? you didn't do anything wrong anyways XD i wasn't trying to hurt your feelings if did somehow >_< i just wanted to help Tongue
lol no,sorry for misunderstanding =3
Just wanted to note; that's one good use of getting a dlsr. You can get rid of the birds' eye view and tripod "problem" by shooting at a fast shutter speed, as long as you're careful with the lighting.
My first Entry for the story

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A67Hf_zXNhE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A67Hf_zXNhE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10 months after Zeon's rebellion,the members of Celestial Bein(having experience the terrible atrocities of the war)departed from Earth Federation,taking with them the Gundams along with all of its secrets and hid them to a location where the federation could not find them.
It's only been a few months since the war has ended,the Earth Federation Government grew corrupt and arrogant. They became paranoid and began carrying out operations to eliminate any faction that has a potential threat to the federation and ruled the Earth sphere with an iron fist. Hoping to change all of it,Celestial being uses the Gundams in attempt to once more end the suffering.
just say this damn good work flau!
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plamo and figure Stop-Motion Animations Fox 23 34,932 05-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog