Current time: 03-29-2024, 10:22 PM
PS3 Error 8001050F
you're not the only one....
apparently...this.... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072875p1.html

yea....
Quote:PlayStation 3 Suffering From Widespread PSN ErrorMany owners left unable to play certain titles tonight due to login error.by Jim Reilly February 28, 2010- SCEA is looking into widespread reports tonight of PlayStation Network login errors causing many left unable to play games, and even lose trophies, on certain PlayStation 3 consoles. "We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it," the company said in a statement. "Stay tuned for updates." Forum members and e-mail tipsters are saying this problem is primarily affecting owners of the older model of the PlayStation 3, and is even causing users to lose trophies previously earned. Many titles, such as Heavy Rain, are also now unplayable due to connection issues with Sony's servers. One theory points to an issue with the console's internal calendar, which is reportedly resetting pre-slim models to 12/31/1999. It's unclear at the moment how widespread this issue is. IGN has contacted SCEA for additional updates on what's causing these errors.

i can't play Heavy Rain....i have to return the game on tuesday. =/
and here i was thinking wtf...my ps3 BORKED?!?!?!?
then....smoked herbs calmed down...did net search.

sony...fix this fuck up...oh and the browser as well.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Yeah I heard about this too. It's all over the gaming sites today. There's been a toss-up among the console owners on whether it's due to PSN being down, or whether this is due to the older, phat models. There were even stories of consoles being affected even by the error when offline. Bad times.

Anyway I don't think there's much people can do about it but to wait for Sony to fix it.

EDIT: Yup, people have confirmed it. Phat models only.

[Image: phatsonly.jpg]
lo. good thing our ps3 has been offline for the past few days.
Yeah, me too. I haven't been online for a month or two, I think. LOL
sooo......people, dont connect your ps3's online for now.
Engadget says error has been fixed.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/01/ps3-i...d-game-on/
yep. turned it on and it's fine. good vibes maaaaann
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
To bring some sort of closure to this whole issue, Sony's narrowed down the real cause: it's not PSN, it's due to one of the components inside the old SKUs that couldn't account for 2010 not being a leap year. Or something.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/03/the-a...-at-fault/
(03-03-2010, 05:38 PM)Grim Wrote: the real cause: it's not PSN, it's due to one of the components inside the old SKUs that couldn't account for 2010 not being a leap year. Or something.

[Image: wtf01.jpg]

Maybe Y2K just wanted to do a comeback.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."