Current time: 05-17-2024, 01:29 PM
Menswear
If Bench didn't overdesign or brand their clothes as shittily as they (usually) do, I'd put them up there with Uniqlo. They're still worth a look every once in a while though, cuz of the occasional unbranded treasure.
[Image: jobs_look_timeline.png]

How it's done.
Jony Ive, Apple's head of design, hasn't changed his shirt in a decade as well.

[Image: intro-videos.jpg]
They really do look like sloppy nerds. But what can I say? You can't really argue with the amounts they're making. LOL
I love this blog:

http://fashionablygeek.com

[Image: spray-n-pray.jpg]
[Image: k01_21900009.jpg]

Lookin' dapper yo!
The thing that jumped out to me in the picture is the velvet handrailing. LOL
Yeah. The man has fine taste.
It's been years since i last saw anyone wear one of those caps. Blink
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
They're selling them at Greenbelt at the designer umbrella and monocle shop.
[Image: shoe7st.jpg]

I hope to amass such a lewd collection one day.
Goddamn those are some nice shoes. I especially like: 5th and 7th from the left on the first row, 1st and 4th from the left on the second row, and the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th pairs on the bottom row. Brown shoes appeal to me.

Incidentally, I bought a pair of Marikina made soft leather shoes from Cubao Expo just the other day which will serve as my everyday office shoes. Fit is nice and comfy and the quality looks solid. I've yet to break it in but I have a good feeling about this pair. Marikina's reputation wasn't made on nothing. All for P1900. Smile

They'll resole for a fee it too once it needs it. They use rubber from airplane tires to replace it - which makes the sole look kinda ugly but is functional nevertheless, as that kind of rubber can probably take years of abuse. You have a choice to snazz it up with some faux leather sections though, which helps.
You like the desert boots? I've been looking for a pair too, but they're not very easy to find over here. One of the most iconic ones comes from Clark's. It's cheaper if you can get it in the US. I hear you can get them on sale in Nordstrom or Banana Republic for $80. In Hong Kong or Singapore, it'll set you back around 7,000. Same thing if by mail order. Your best bet over here is to have it copied in, say, Glenmore in Metrowalk, or Besa's, for a little less than 5,000. I recently saw some in Zara too, but they were dirt gray, and Zara shoes aren't very good and very overpriced. The ones pictured though probably aren't Clark's... they're most probably from some other English shoemaker costing ~$300 a pair. O_O Actually, most of those are probably >$250 shoes.

I recently bought a pair of dark brown shoes in the exact same cut as the 2nd one from the left on the front row for only 1,516 in an SM sale. There are treasures in local department stores if you have the time and patience to sift through all the garbage. LOL
An even more lewd collection. All from 1 person. I don't think this is even all of it.

[Image: dresscasual0.jpg]

[Image: dresscasual1.jpg]

[Image: dresscasual2.jpg]

[Image: dresscasual3.jpg]
O_O

Incidentally, cedar shoe trees are available at True Value Shangri-La for P799. Know of any place where they sell them cheaper?
I think that's the best you can get. In Rustan's, it's double that.