Current time: 03-29-2024, 09:37 PM
Mass Effect Series
Just heard that Mass Effect 2 launched last month (January 29).

Got a copy at the MRT station en route to work, and will be trying this baby out later at home.

I've already seen what BioWare can do with Dragon Age - I'd love to see how this turns out We're not worthy
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
*ahem* ... *Tries to sound like an Indian bot*

I've been playing the first game of this series starting a few days ago. It's really great. For me, it's very similar to one of my favorite games -- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.

The gameplay itself is typical Bioware, so you know how it's like if you've played Oblivion, Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins. I particularly like this game because a lot of thought was put into it, specifically the setting and the different alien races and how they interact and view humans. The graphics are also another strong point; they're as good as any other current game out there.

Both games are out for PC LOL Try them out!

Here's the premise:

Quote:In 2148 AD, humanity discovered a small cache of highly advanced alien technology buried deep beneath the surface of Mars. The creators of this technology--known as the Protheans--went extinct nearly 50,000 years ago, leaving little evidence of their existence behind. The discovery of this technology led humans to develop faster-than-light travel, allowing rapid expansion throughout the solar system.

Within a year humanity uncovered another piece of Prothean technology, a dormant mass relay that had been encased in the ice-dwarf Charon. Once activated, this relay allowed instantaneous travel across thousands of light years to other mass relays in different parts of the galaxy. Humanity immediately began using this technology to colonize far-off star systems. This same year, the Systems Alliance was formed by the largest governments on Earth to serve as the spearhead of humanity's expansion.

In 2157, the Alliance made first contact with an alien species known as the turians. This resulted in the First Contact War, as the next several months saw skirmishes between the turians and Earth's Systems Alliance fleets. In the largest battle of the war, the turians crushed the garrison on the human colony of Shanxi, but were ultimately driven off by the Alliance Second Fleet. This conflict drew the attention of the Citadel Council, a governing body that maintained peace and stability throughout much of the galaxy. They intervened in the conflict and brokered a peace agreement between humans and turians.

Humanity continued its rapid expansion, and in 2165 it was granted an embassy on the Citadel, the political and economic heart of the civilized galactic community. This angered another race of aliens, the batarians, who had come into competition with humanity over territory in an undeveloped region of space known as the Skyllian Verge.

Frustrated with the Council's refusal to halt human expansion, the batarians closed their embassy on the Citadel, and ultimately funded a surprise attack on the human colony of Elysium. The attack failed however, and in retaliation the Alliance raided the batarian criminal base on Torfan in 2178. Despite taking heavy losses, the Alliance soldiers utterly exterminated the inhabitants.

The year is now 2183, and the SSV Normandy--the most advanced starship ever created by the Alliance--is being put through its paces. Aboard is Commander Shepard, a talented young officer who will soon embark on a galaxy-spanning adventure with the fate of the known universe hanging in the balance...
LOL INDIAN BOt~~~ WHAT?! =D

I would love to try the series. Probably few years from now on a high end desktop.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Finished Mass Effect 2 twice already. Game is awesome, yes you should try it Big grin
(05-28-2010, 01:52 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Finished Mass Effect 2 twice already. Game is awesome, yes you should try it Big grin

Male or female Shepard? Tongue
Male, haha. I'm kinda a guy here XD
What class do you play?

I've been using an infiltrator so far, and the sniping system is pretty fun.
At first I was a Soldier, then I got addicted to Vanguard. Charging into unprotected enemies and watching them fly away like rag-dolls never gets old XD. Oh, and Husk Bowling, you have to try Husk Bowling!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Valkyria Chronicles Series atdsutm 24 24,808 03-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Fox
  STALKER series J.E_Magog 4 5,854 12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  Assassin's Creed Series Sforza 24 31,422 06-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Sforza
  Super Robot Wars series PhAYSe 75 72,624 01-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Twin-Skies
  Mass Effect 3 Goat 3 5,076 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Zefyr