Current time: 04-16-2024, 05:48 PM
Armored Core: Limit Release
AC on the PC
The animations has definitely improved.

Probably not the best time to be criticizing your project. Didn't know your youtube was terminated.
Once I start a project I see it through, had loads of problems with this one. What with me getting a job at Sony then loosing said job like 5 months later, then having to try and find another job but not having any luck for an entire year, then obviously theres the part where I lost my house and had to move back in with my parents, so yea rough and tumble got in the way unfortunately.
sad to hear that, hope you are ok
I have a question. Is this gonna be a game? or an OVA?
I believe its a game that used the unreal engine if memory serves me correctly.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Coz the site sez Armored Core: Limit release(OVA)
Yea its animation. Game engines are not limited to games you know. Jin is already using Unreal for architechtural previz.
If if it's animation, i wish I could help.. I'm good at adding sound effects and choosing the right ones, but my editor is only capable of a max of 320kbps output. And this guy seems to be determined to finish this project alone so.... good luck =)
After a lengthy spell in 2011 when I tried to make it into a working game I gave up and changed it to an original video animation, production was going slow and the people that at the time helped code ended up getting side tracked so things started going REALLY slow, and that wasnt acceptable.

I wish I could make it just like the originals for everyone but unfortunately it just wont happen, so instead what I set out on doing was improving my skills and providing some sort of animation that would show off AC in high detail.

The animations not perfect I`ll admit that, Ive never been an animator but the projects been about learning how to adapt from the start. The name "Limit Release" is borrowed obviously from AC2 but the meaning in terms of the project was for me to expand beyond my own limits from back when I started.

Productions been long, and I have tried to include alot of different things that didnt work out, alot of stuff has been scrapped like the stealth generators because of the materials they used and the fact the model for them was crap, the weapons have been changed around alot based on peoples comments, originally I had the Pixie 3 mounted on the shoulder similar to AC5 before it was released but people didnt like that idea so I had to get rid of that one too, its been hard trying to do something that everyone can just sit down and enjoy for roughly 8-10 mins without it looking rushed or crap.

As for sounds Im going to be using sounds from AC2 that I have ripped myself from the game using an emulator to get the closest sound possible to the game, as for music I am still abit confused in terms of what I am going to use, I keep wanting to go for some stuff thats not even close to AC music, but then I keep hesitating and thinking that fans are just not going to enjoy it so its really a pain deciding on that one.
(09-04-2012, 03:24 PM)Moodydata Wrote: After a lengthy spell in 2011 when I tried to make it into a working game I gave up and changed it to an original video animation, production was going slow and the people that at the time helped code ended up getting side tracked so things started going REALLY slow, and that wasnt acceptable.

I wish I could make it just like the originals for everyone but unfortunately it just wont happen, so instead what I set out on doing was improving my skills and providing some sort of animation that would show off AC in high detail.

The animations not perfect I`ll admit that, Ive never been an animator but the projects been about learning how to adapt from the start. The name "Limit Release" is borrowed obviously from AC2 but the meaning in terms of the project was for me to expand beyond my own limits from back when I started.

Productions been long, and I have tried to include alot of different things that didnt work out, alot of stuff has been scrapped like the stealth generators because of the materials they used and the fact the model for them was crap, the weapons have been changed around alot based on peoples comments, originally I had the Pixie 3 mounted on the shoulder similar to AC5 before it was released but people didnt like that idea so I had to get rid of that one too, its been hard trying to do something that everyone can just sit down and enjoy for roughly 8-10 mins without it looking rushed or crap.

As for sounds Im going to be using sounds from AC2 that I have ripped myself from the game using an emulator to get the closest sound possible to the game, as for music I am still abit confused in terms of what I am going to use, I keep wanting to go for some stuff thats not even close to AC music, but then I keep hesitating and thinking that fans are just not going to enjoy it so its really a pain deciding on that one.

Good to know, gad my knowledge of this project was so outdated @@.

Anyway I for one can only offer moral support, as I'm not great with computer language stuff.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Moody, I have sounds ripped from ACLR and AC4(like buildings crumbling, VOB or OB in AC4 as well as boost and mechanical movement) if you want some. As for music,Mattias Haggstrom Gredt's fan made AC soundtrack remix would sound fantastic, I recommend checking them out =)

Here's a sample for the sound effects used on some of my work

Most of the Sound effects from this one come from AC4

R.Leonhardt, I didnt realise that stop motion work was yours, I was using it a while back as reference for key frame timing on animations because the still frames used in stop motion ended up being good reference to get some good poses.

As for the sounds, I actually would like assistance in getting hold of some of what you mentioned, namely sounds like buildings falling and the VOB as I obviously cant get access to anything thats not on PCX2.
Here's the compilation of Sound effects from both AC4 and ACLR, I made it public just so if someone wants them for odd reasons like alarm clock use or something:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ut1kub1ddase5h9

=)
(09-04-2012, 09:34 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: Here's the compilation of Sound effects from both AC4 and ACLR, I made it public just so if someone wants them for odd reasons like alarm clock use or something:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ut1kub1ddase5h9

=)

Thanks for this, I`ll be uploading my own AC2 ripped ones to go with the project so be sure to keep an eye out for those being open sourced soon, as for these they are a major help and cover all the scenes I was missing effects for its perfect, gonna put your forum name and youtube link in the credits now R.Leonhardt just for doing this cause you really are a big help!
I started reading from the first page. Darn shame that this project's outcome as a videogame will no longer happen. I would've loved to at least try it out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the Final Verdict (tFV) - 2 Month Long Armored Core: Verdict Day marathon farmboy28 0 98 01-21-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: farmboy28
  Pilot's Internal Organization (PIO) - Armored Core Content Updates farmboy28 33 6,044 12-24-2023, 04:09 AM
  Armored Core 6 Updates and News farmboy28 6 718 10-12-2023, 08:29 PM
  Armored Core PvP retrospective Lord_Leperman 0 466 07-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  We compiled a list of reactions/opinions about Armored Core VI revealed today and als farmboy28 2 473 07-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer farmboy28 1 385 07-23-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PCSX2 Armored Core PNACH Files Grim 4 5,940 04-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: phi1anthropy
  The Armored Core Series: A Newcomer's Journey Grim 3 622 03-25-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Armored Core VI Debut Trailer farmboy28 16 2,481 12-20-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Grim
  『ARMORED CORE SUITE 02』 farmboy28 0 3,859 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM