Current time: 03-29-2024, 10:44 PM
The Front Mission Timeline Thread
Since it's pretty hard to find a really comprehensive faq over the net. Is it ok if the guys here who have played most of the games (I have only played 3 and 4) to sum up the plot of the older games? I would just want to be knowledgeable or at least know what happened before diving into fm5.

Thanks.
PLAY 1!!!! On an NDS!!!
AFAIK, the time line of all canon FM games goes like this (From GFAQs thread):

2034 - African Conflict (Front Mission Alternative)
2070 - 1st Huffman Conflict (FM5 intro, referenced throughout FM1)
2086 - Huffman Crisis (Front Mission Border Madness)
2090 - 2nd Huffman Conflict (Front Mission 1st)
2096 - Venezuela coup d'etat, Madeira Island invasion (Front Mission 4)
2097 - Cambodia coup d'etat, Laos coup d'etat (Front Mission 5)
2098 - 1st Alordesh coup d'etat (Referenced in Front Misssion 2)
2102 - 2nd Alordesh coup d'etat (Front Mission 2)
2112 - M.I.D.A.S. theft, Japan coup d'etat, Philippines coup d'etat, Da Han Zhong coup d'etat (Front Mission 5, and Front Mission 3)

Its good to note that Front Mission touches up on events from the First Huffman Conflict until the beginning of Front Mission 3, though its ending reaches up to 2125.

Trace can prolly give more info on the details as he has played FM for the DS, dunno if he played both the UCS and OCU scenarios though. FM1 is prolly the most heavily referenced game in FM5 largely because the central plot of FM5 revolves around the cause of the Second Huffman Conflict, when majority of FM1 takes place.
(01-25-2010, 09:56 AM)Sforza Wrote: PLAY 1!!!! On an NDS!!!

Yeah, NDS also features a USN side. LOL

You may also want to play Front Mission 2 if you want to know what happened to Roid and his team though (original FM1 protagonist/OCU side protagonist in NDS).

If I'm right, FM5 is just mostly a collection of events, which revolves from some of the events in the first Huffman war until the MIDAS event, with a different character of course.

Also, check this thread out. Playing Through The FM Timeline (SPOILERS).

Edit: Nevermind. Ricky-Rick happened. LOL

Edit2: Also, I just noticed that we've posted the same link. Double fail for me.
Thanks for the timeline rick.

But i also need a sort of summarized retelling? for those minute details. thankies
also, spoilers for fm1 and 2 are fine.
Hokay, Front Mission 1 summary.

You play as Roid Clive an OCU soldier born in Australia. At the very beginning of the OCU scenario, you are sent to investigate a warehouse deep inside UCS territory along with your buddy Ryuji Sakata, an unnamed OCU soldier, and Karen, Roid's love interest. Karen discovers something in the warehouse which prompts the appearance of Discroll, the primary antagonist of FM1. Discroll kills Karen and blows up the warehouse, later on the UCS blames Roid and his squad of OCU for the destruction of UCS property and declares war on the OCU. The whole event will later be known as the Larcus Incident and will become the trigger to the already tense situation between the OCU and UCS leading to the 2nd Huffman Conflict.

During the initial stages of the conflict, the UCS were able to take control much of Huffman Island including Freedom City from the OCU. Roid gets dismissed from the OCU military and takes up a job as a Wanzer combatant in a local arena on Huffman Island.

A year later, Guri B. Olsen, an OCU special military commander of the Canyon Crows mercenary unit recruits Roid, along with his friend Ryuji to be part of the special military unit in order to reverse the OCU's losing position in the Huffman Conflict. Along the way, you get to recruit much of the members of the Canyon Crows through various missions and meet the UCS' elite Hell's Wall squad noted for their skill in battle (More of this in FM5).

The OCU along with the Canyon Crows successfully take back Freedom City (Cameo in the beginning of FM5's 5th mission) and decide to push their way further into UCS territory. The Canyon Crows organize a small raid in Peseta City to disrupt the supply line and gain some supplies for themselves. The OCU push goes as far as Fort Monus, where a cease-fire has been declared, ending the 2nd Huffman Conflict.

This is the point where the events of FM1 and FM5 stop intertwining, but the later missions of FM1 will have significant ramifications on FM5's story line which I'm not detailing because FM5 should cover them well enough :p. Particularly the S-type devices and Sakata Industries human brain computer experiment, all of which will be explained in FM5.
Just bumping this thread after having finished Front Mission 5.

So FM5 takes place a bit after FM4? Does that mean that Darril went back to USN after the events of FM4?

Edit: Oh nevermind. http://www.giantbomb.com/darril-traubel/94-5309/ It's here, apparently.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile games thread Lord_Leperman 6 10,300 03-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  E3 2015 Round up and hype thread Mjting 11 13,923 06-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Shmup thread. Lord_Leperman 36 44,438 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  Front Mission Evolved NiX 56 73,199 11-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  New Vegas Mod Thread Twin-Skies 6 9,800 11-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Goat