5. Maria Ana Consuelo Madrigal ("Jamby"), Independent
6. Nicanor Jesus Pineda Perlas III ("Nicky"), Partido Bansang Marangal
7. Gilberto Teodoro, Jr. ("Gibo"), Lakas-Kampi-CMD
8. Eduardo Villanueva ("Bro. Eddie"), Bangon Pilipinas Movement
9. Manuel B. Villar ("Manny"), Nacionalista Party

Vice Presidential Candidates:

1. Jejomar Binay ("Jojo"), Partido ng Masang Pilipino/PDP-Laban
2. Dominador Chipeco Jr., Ang Kapatiran
3. Bayani Fernando ("Bayani"), Bayani Fernando ("Bayani")
4. Lorna Regina B. Legarda ("Loren"), Nacionalista Party-NPC
5. Eduardo Lorenzo Manzano ("Edu"), Lakas-Kampi-CMD
6. Manuel Roxas II ("Mar"), Liberal Party
7. Jose Y. Sonza ("Jay"), Kilusang Bagong Lipunan
8. Perfecto R. Yasay, Jr. ("Jun"), Bangon Pilipinas Movement
I thought of creating this thread because the elections are getting closer, and the main characters have all come out of the woodwork.

One other reason why I thought it prudent was because it seems a lot of my friends and relatives have no one to vote for President. They're all "tainted", including Noynoy Aquino (ref. here, tnx Grim!). I'd like to hear your thoughts on mainly the Presidential and Vice-Presidential elections, though comments on the Senatorial elections are fine too.

Some of the prominent names for the Senate are even more depressing:

Lito Lapid
Bong Revilla Jr.
Tito Sotto
Jovito Palparan Jr.
...and others.
For the Senatorial election, I'll probably vote;

Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel (Akbayan)
Satur Ocampo (Bayan Muna)
Liza Maza (Gabriela)
Ramon "Mon-Mon" Mitra

Maybe Miriam Defensor-Santiago, kahit baliw siya
Maybe retired general Danilo Lim
Maybe Pia Cayetano

...I don't know who else either. Jason
I for one vouch for the gordon + BF combo XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Too bad Kabayan didn't run, would've voted for him. Teodoro I think. VP Jay Sonza doesn't sound bad.
'Signatures are overrated.'
CZ: Are you joking Blink Kadiri BF. Pink Pilipinas.

Random thought: Not voting would be the worse possible option of all, because it would give more importance to everyone else's votes, especially the flying and dadag ones Domo

That's why it's important to educate people about the candidates before elections Smile
I don't care what about the pinkish glow but if he can wipe of even a little of the grime stinking up modern day politics he can paint me baby pink for all he cares XD

syempre results first before any painting will happen LOL

but seriously out of everyone there running for pres and vice those two are the only ones I have faith in XD no offence to Ninoy but I just cannot remove the feeling his riding on his mother's fame.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Ganyan naman kasi ang Politics, sakay lang sa nakararami, kasi ang nakararami lang ang nagdidikta ng pagkapanalo. But as was pointed out a couple of posts ago, not voting would be the worst possible option.

I'd like to ask for your personal opinions about Gibo, Erap, and Villar though.
I won't vote Gibo for sure because he said he won't prosecute GMA, and will continue most of her policies. Also, if GMA wins her Congressional seat and becomes House Speaker, having Gibo as President would make it easier for her to facilitate the shift to the parliamentary system of government that she wants.

I don't really have much to say about the other two, except that Villar seems like a very traditional trapo politician. Nothing will change under him.
It's a lot easier to slash names from that list rather than actually picking. -______- It'll take me a lot of time to sort this out.
its kinda stupid to have too many running candidates, you wont need the majority to win
lol I just can't find anyone trustworthy anymore when it comes to the Philippine scene.

Like Nix said, it's more of pick your poison/the lesser evil.
(12-14-2009, 11:43 PM)atdsutm Wrote: its kinda stupid to have too many running candidates, you wont need the majority to win

Yup, this is a problem. I remember in one PolSci class I took before, our professor suggested that the top two candidates for president have another level of elections between them, so that the elected leader is truly elected by majority vote.
(12-15-2009, 08:03 AM)Grim Wrote: Yup, this is a problem. I remember in one PolSci class I took before, our professor suggested that the top two candidates for president have another level of elections between them, so that the elected leader is truly elected by majority vote.

Abstain will probably win LOL
My Aunt's gonna vote for Nick Perlas. Hindi ko alam kung bakit that's why I did a search...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicanor_Per...te_in_2010

He's probably the presidentiable with the least flawed, if not the cleanest record. It a shame for COMELEC to have him declared unfit just because of his lifestyle.
Para na rin nila sinabi na: Mayaman ka, maganda buhay mo, kahit magnanakaw ka, OK lang ang magin presidente ka. Ang sama nun ha.

This is the problem with the Phillipines: 'We don't know you, We don't vote for you', Seeing it at that persepective, sa kadidikdik ni Villar sa mukha nya sa TV with all his jingles, he might win. Pero sa alam ko, feb or april pa dapat mangmpanya ang mga tatakbo.
Pacquiao and Revilla jr. have movies as well.

Ang dami na ng broken rules sa phillipine elections.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Philippines will always be Philippines. Regardless of who you vote. That is why I am lazy to vote for anyone this year. In fact I don't think I'd ever be voting for anyone in my life time. Our country is so corrupted. I don't want to offend anyone here but I think we'd be better of being subjugated under a major and successful ruling body.
[Image: sidburn.png]
As of the latest survey, Noynoy and Villar are almost tied.
http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropin...-dead-heat

...Here's an article summarizing Villar's anomalies with the C5 Project

Everything you wanted to know about the C5 Project but were afraid to ask, by Winnie Monsod
http://blogs.gmanews.tv/winnie-monsod/ar...o-ask.html

Which is making me wonder, who's saying they're going to be voting for Villar in the polls?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teh interesting animal-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 241 297,713 01-24-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting PHL-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 126 169,189 04-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting (non-PHL-related) news stub thread Sforza 1,527 1,630,078 07-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  Organized Religion Discussion Thread Sforza 326 405,927 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Filipino Freethinkers // RH Bill discussion Twin-Skies 11 19,575 08-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: clonezero
  LGBT Pride 2010 and Filipino Freethinkers in mainsteam news :) Twin-Skies 2 5,917 12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Last Post: HayWire
  world cup 2010 Morrissey 10 13,150 07-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Morrissey
  The Obama thread atdsutm 16 22,014 04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  It's official: Erap tp run in 2010 Twin-Skies 16 20,832 10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Phils to be 60% energy self-sufficient by 2010 Twin-Skies 3 6,334 12-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon