Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:18 AM
Corruption
This has been making the newsrounds lately. Where all of the relief goods are (not) going to.

http://mabuhaygirl.multiply.com/journal/...og_Ni_Ella
A back-up to Grim's link. The original blog was silenced. (or was overloaded)

http://gangbadoy.multiply.com/journal/it...ocked_blog

From what I see, a lot of politicians might see donation goods to be able to last at least a year in storage, which would do great as ammunition that they can use to get voters.

I heard, and confirmed in the many copies of this article that...:

- DSWD only wishes to have upto 50 volunteers per shift in each warehouse.
- A shift will last 4~6 hours.
- You can only do it during Sundays.

The striking part about it is that they claim that they do not have enough volunteers.
Greed knows no bounds. Especially in this country.
(10-24-2009, 01:21 AM)NiX Wrote: Greed knows no bounds. Especially in this country.

A little off-topic but still related to corruption, but what's really been annoying for me is the book blockade.

http://www.quezon.ph/2009/05/10/the-grea...-readings/

If you notice from the comments in the link above, Philippine customs instituted a highly illegal (accdg. to international law) book tax, people QQ'd (or T_T'd) about it on the internet, and GMA -supposedly- had the tax removed. But then now there's tons of red tape and hoops to jump through if people want exemptions, i.e. having to go to DOF to apply for an exemption, waiting for a day, PAYING for this service, and so on.

They might as well just have not removed the book tax.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. My dad and I have been meaning to import several books. But jesus, the tax and everything. Argh

It's no wonder this country's stupid like it is.
I took an application exam at a certain broadcast company a few days ago. A friend and i were asked to do our papers in their HR department and while we were going through the questions, the HR personnel were openly talking about what kind of goods they were gonna be getting from the pile stacked out in the lobby. The HR manager was even instructing the office helps to set aside for her the "whitest" rice that had been donated to them.

Talaga ba naman.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
medyo nakakapikon ung releif goods ah...

tanong ko lang.. bakit sampung bareta ng sabon ung nilalagay sa sako?! t*ng ina.. sabon ba kinakain nila?? nakakataba nmn ng utak un..

!@#$%^ Jason

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Tang ina yan.

Masmatalino pa ata AI ng sim city sa gobyerno natin.
Nakakapikon nga, sobrang kalat na yung corruption sa kahit saang sektor ng bansa.

Ultimo sa regular na taong-bayan eh. Basta may isang bagay na puwede nilang ikabuti na pangsarili lamang, kahit gaano pa ito kasama, basta nakakatakas ang marami ng hindi napaparusahan, gagawin din. Putragis. Kayo sana daanan ng delubyo ng maranasan nyo ang hirap. Kakaunti na nga yang mga relief goods na [lumalabas], kung ikukumpara sa dami ng nasalanta, tinitipid at tinatago pa ng mga walang hiyang mga 'to!? Para saan? Sa donations-in-kind pa lang yan. Isipin nyo na lang kung saan napunta yung ilang milyong dolyar na nakuha natin mula sa mga kababayang concerned at sa ibang bansa.

Sabihin na nating kahit papano may lumalabas na goods sa mga nangangailangan. Eh anak ng tokwa, daig pa nila ang askal na pinapakain ng tutong eh. Ang dami daming pwedeng ibigay, pero tinitipid ang relief goods at ipinadadala lang yung may mababang halaga. Para bang itinitira talaga yung mga imported na goods at yung mga valuable. Hintayin niyo ang Presidential election season. Malamang doon lalabas yang mga 'relief goods' na yan. Ipambibili nila ng boto. Punyeta.

Sinong di mapapamura sa kalokohan na ginagawa ng kapwa natin Pilipino? Nakakahiyang nakakainis, 'diba?
Here's what MLQIII has to say about the DSWD relief goods matter. Also updated with info of his own visit to the warehouse. Also, fuck corruption.

http://www.quezon.ph/2009/10/23/flooded-with-relief/
Tama nga yung sinabi ni Bert-- Mas magaling pa nga ang AI ng SimCity.

Kahit ano pang sabihin ng DSWD, they still haven't done their jobs. As to the President, kahit maganda ang intention sa pag course ng relief goods through DSWD (so as to know where it's going), hindi naman ginagawa ng DSWD yung responsibility na dala ng pag handle ng lahat ng relief goods na yan. Hindi pwedeng sabihin na hindi nila kaya eh. Hindi lang talaga nila nagawa. Dumadahilan pa.

At habang maraming gustong tumulong, matagal nang tapos ang delubyo-- isang buwan na ang nakalipas. Matagal nang nangyari ang dapat naagapan.

Bwiset.

EDIT: Saan na kaya napunta yung pera na pinadala galing sa ibang bansa? I hardly see anything about it.